Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MistaBoo

Chat Ban Puzzle

75 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
Players
136 posts

I have been trying to turn over a new leaf and not berate my team so much for being Mor.. sorry not committed to winning. 

So imagine my surprise when i received a chat ban the other day.

Raised a ticket and asked for proof only to receive the following reply

"Greetings MistaBoo,

Thanks for reaching us at Wargaming Player Support!

We appreciate your effort getting back to us and understand that you want to lift the suspension on your account. 

I'm very sorry, but I want to inform you that I've personally checked, and it looks like your ban is 100% legitimate, and it is for insults in chat. We cannot share the exact messages you sent.

In this case we cannot proceed with the removal of the ban, because this would be an illegitimate advantage in your favor. Transgressing in this sense would damage our principles of fairness and fair play, and we want to make sure that the rules apply to everyone in equal measure.

I'm sorry that I couldn't offer you any better news and that this answer cannot fulfill your expectations, but I'm sure you will understand our limitations.

Please keep in mind that the decision is final, and it will not be discussed. 

For any other questions, you know where to find us.

I wish you the best of luck on the battlefield, Commander!

Kind regards,"

I knew i had done nothing to warrant this so i sent another ticket.

This is the reply i received for that.

Dear Commander,

Thank you for coming back to us.

Your access to the chat has been temporarily suspended. After investigating on the situation, we could see that you broke our game rules and that your behavior has no place in our games.

When you start our games for the first time, and after each patch, you agree with our terms of use. In this document, you agree to respect our game rules and in case you break them, you will accept the consequences.

Please note that all our rules apply to all our games and our decision is based on a thorough investigation and will not be changed.

We are sorry that we have to take such measures, but keep in mind that our goal is to guarantee the fun, respect and an optimal gaming experience for all our players.

I'll inform you that this ticket will be closed as we have provided all the information we have but do not worry if you have any other questions feel free to open another ticket and contact us again.

Have a good day and good luck.

Kind regards,

I have sent them another ticket once again asking for proof.

My question though is Why are they so reluctant to show proof and therefore end the debate?

It seems to be very counter productive considering i am being very careful as to what i say.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Players
632 posts
5,063 battles
2 minutes ago, MistaBoo said:

I have been trying to turn over a new leaf and not berate my team so much for being Mor.. sorry not committed to winning. 

So imagine my surprise when i received a chat ban the other day.

Raised a ticket and asked for proof only to receive the following reply

"Greetings MistaBoo,

Thanks for reaching us at Wargaming Player Support!

We appreciate your effort getting back to us and understand that you want to lift the suspension on your account. 

I'm very sorry, but I want to inform you that I've personally checked, and it looks like your ban is 100% legitimate, and it is for insults in chat. We cannot share the exact messages you sent.

In this case we cannot proceed with the removal of the ban, because this would be an illegitimate advantage in your favor. Transgressing in this sense would damage our principles of fairness and fair play, and we want to make sure that the rules apply to everyone in equal measure.

I'm sorry that I couldn't offer you any better news and that this answer cannot fulfill your expectations, but I'm sure you will understand our limitations.

Please keep in mind that the decision is final, and it will not be discussed. 

For any other questions, you know where to find us.

I wish you the best of luck on the battlefield, Commander!

Kind regards,"

I knew i had done nothing to warrant this so i sent another ticket.

This is the reply i received for that.

Dear Commander,

Thank you for coming back to us.

Your access to the chat has been temporarily suspended. After investigating on the situation, we could see that you broke our game rules and that your behavior has no place in our games.

When you start our games for the first time, and after each patch, you agree with our terms of use. In this document, you agree to respect our game rules and in case you break them, you will accept the consequences.

Please note that all our rules apply to all our games and our decision is based on a thorough investigation and will not be changed.

We are sorry that we have to take such measures, but keep in mind that our goal is to guarantee the fun, respect and an optimal gaming experience for all our players.

I'll inform you that this ticket will be closed as we have provided all the information we have but do not worry if you have any other questions feel free to open another ticket and contact us again.

Have a good day and good luck.

Kind regards,

I have sent them another ticket once again asking for proof.

My question though is Why are they so reluctant to show proof and therefore end the debate?

It seems to be very counter productive considering i am being very careful as to what i say.

Might want to ask the customer support reps (MrConway and Yabbacoe) here on the forum, they have been known to give some details about why you get your chat ban.

[CATCH]
Players
360 posts
8,909 battles

Country cultures are mirrored in corporate cultures. WG is a very badly run company with a very authoritarian stance, which is good because otherwise I would give them more money, since the products themselves are quite nice.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[BOATY]
Players
136 posts
Just now, arttuperkunas said:

Might want to ask the customer support reps (MrConway and Yabbacoe) here on the forum, they have been known to give some details about why you get your chat ban.

Cheers because i am at a total loss on this one.

Players
632 posts
5,063 battles
Just now, MistaBoo said:

Cheers because i am at a total loss on this one.

I mean I'm pretty sure they will say your ban is justified, but at least you might get a better understanding to why it was levied. I know how frustrating it can be, to feel like you were punished in an unjustified way. Hopefully you get some more information to set your mind at rest.

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,825 posts
7,824 battles

If u never say anything in chat u will not get chat banned

Just saying..

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,774 battles

@MistaBoo Customer support won't send you any proof. The WG staff check previous chats to see if you broke any rules. So, if you violated the rules right before you turned a new leaf, there is your answer. But, if you really want to know what (cussing words) caused your ban, you can send a pm to MrConway or YabbaCoe. Also, copy-pasting customer service replies or private chat messages are against the forum rules, afaik.

[BOATY]
Players
136 posts
28 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

If u never say anything in chat u will not get chat banned

Just saying..

Great point and thats the puzzle. Im 99% sure i didn't even say anything in chat.

[BOATY]
Players
136 posts
6 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Oo I luv puzzles!... but... where is the puzzle? :Smile_amazed:

Its not that type of puzzle. 

[BOATY]
Players
136 posts
3 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

@MistaBoo Customer support won't send you any proof. The WG staff check previous chats to see if you broke any rules. So, if you violated the rules right before you turned a new leaf, there is your answer. But, if you really want to know what (cussing words) caused your ban, you can send a pm to MrConway or YabbaCoe. Also, copy-pasting customer service replies or private chat messages are against the forum rules, afaik.

The new leaf was turned over a couple of weeks ago. 

The only dubious interaction i have had in chat was when i citadeled and subsequently killed a member of one of the top Clans. 

I commented in chat "Ohhhhhh right in the Citadel" 

After the game he messaged me raging about it saying "i can get you banned etc etc.." The usual "Do you know who my clan are etc". 

I just laughed at him and told him to get a life. (100% that was all i said)

Next day i am indeed chat banned. 

I doubt it had anything to do with that.

• Funny 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,774 battles
1 minute ago, MistaBoo said:

The new leaf was turned over a couple of weeks ago. 

The only dubious interaction i have had in chat was when i citadeled and subsequently killed a member of one of the top Clans. 

I commented in chat "Ohhhhhh right in the Citadel" 

After the game he messaged me raging about it saying "i can get you banned etc etc.." The usual "Do you know who my clan are etc". 

I just laughed at him and told him to get a life. (100% that was all i said)

Next day i am indeed chat banned. 

I doubt it had anything to do with that.

They only chat banned one person by mistake and it was years ago afaik. If customer service insisted in both of their responses that your chat ban was justified, that means you definitely used words other than ohh right in the citadel,in that game or in another game before or after. However, just pm MrConway here from forum and he will help you with the answer.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,532 posts
13,087 battles

WG does not share the words or phrases which caused your chat ban, 

same as they'll never share the details of a account suspension for unfair policy. 

If they start to share the words or phrases that cause a ban, it will pile up into a list, and people will start to figure out how to better to avoid the system. 

Because chat ban system is semi automatic. 

But If you really really sure you didn't say anything, 

lets tag @MrConway to help you out. But be warned, 
I've seen a lot of people saying "I haven't said anything" but when Conway shared their chat history with them, they've never be seen back here.. 

to say, I was right, or even, Oh buoy, they were right I didn't realise.. 

I hope you'll be back to enlighten us in anyway. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 2

[RODS]
Players
1,825 posts
7,824 battles
19 minutes ago, MistaBoo said:

Great point and thats the puzzle. Im 99% sure i didn't even say anything in chat.

Well maybe someone didn´t think it was enough with the "karma" backstabbing feature and took it to the next level

Toxic wasteland out there and it ain´t getting better

TBS I have considered turning off chat so as to not get drawn into the negativity

[BRIT]
Players
14 posts
16,290 battles
25 minutes ago, MistaBoo said:

Zapp Brannigan, you stand accused of blowing up DOOP headquarters. How do you plead?

Absolutely 99% not guilty.

• Funny 3

Players
4,024 posts
21,135 battles
10 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

If they start to share the words or phrases that cause a ban, it will pile up into a list, and people will start to figure out how to better to avoid the system. 

Because chat ban system is semi automatic. 

Yeah we dont want people to understand what words they actually have to refrain from using don't we? That might lead to insight and less bans. We can't have that,. can we. :cap_like:

• Cool 8

Players
6,700 posts
Just now, Europizza said:

Yeah we dont want people to understand what words they actually have to refrain from using don't we? That might lead to insight and less bans. We can't have that,. can we. :cap_like:

Personally, I'm not a fan of 'forbidden words' in any context. My rule of thumb (been chat banned once) is you can curse like a raving **** (censored for potential ethnic slur) as long as you don't insult anyone else. Then again, I tend to take an adult view of things, but I know there are minors 'present'.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,532 posts
13,087 battles
3 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Thats not to point, 

Basically the rule of thumb is, don't be a backside in chat, don't be chat banned.. nice and easy, 

What I'm talking about is, 

for example, lets take.. Feck... lets say, chat ban system detects FECK.. or FECKING.. 
then someone uses F.E.C.K. or FICK or FUKC or etc.. then the system learns these, with reports etc.. then they get into the list and become a trigger for the system.. 
and If another clever person to use these, system gets triggered right that instance.. 

So, you cannot give a list of trigger word or phrases to the people who'd like to be offensive towards others. .

ıt is like, we've closed these doors for entry Mr. Burglar.. but If you think of any other door, be our guest, until we close them down.. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 5

[BOATY]
Players
136 posts
12 minutes ago, Abandon_Ship said:

Zapp Brannigan, you stand accused of blowing up DOOP headquarters. How do you plead?

Absolutely 99% not guilty.

Brilliant episode. 

Players
4,024 posts
21,135 battles
3 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Personally, I'm not a fan of 'forbidden words' in any context. My rule of thumb (been chat banned once) is you can curse like a raving **** (censored for potential ethnic slur) as long as you don't insult anyone else. Then again, I tend to take an adult view of things, but I know there are minors 'present'.

I can tell you the automated system works the exact opposite: it's just about swearwords. Which is nausiatingly 'adult' in a game promoting gambling to a public that can include 7+ minors ^^

• Cool 4

[BOATY]
Players
136 posts
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Thats not to point, 

Basically the rule of thumb is, don't be a backside in chat, don't be chat banned.. nice and easy, 

for example, lets take.. Feck... lets say, chat ban system detects FECK.. or FECKING.. 
then someone uses F.E.C.K. or FICK or FUKC or etc.. then the system learns these, with reports etc.. then they get into the list and become a trigger for the system.. 
and If another clever person to use these, system gets triggered right that instance.. 

So, you cannot give a list of trigger word or phrases to the people who'd like to be offensive towards others. .

ıt is like, we've closed these doors for entry Mr. Burglar.. but If you think of any other door, be our guest, until we close them down.. 

You could and i apologise for going left field here. 

Make a few 18+ servers where swearing in the context of banter is allowed.

Bare in mind. Im Scottish. Most of our swearing is a term of endearment. 

eg...Have you met that new guy David? He's a great C%^t,.

Horrible word but where im from its used constantly and not in a derogatory way.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[BOATY]
Players
136 posts
2 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I can tell you the automated system works the exact opposite: it's just about swearwords. Which is nausiatingly 'adult' in a game promoting gambling to a public that can include 7+ minors ^^

Tell me about it. Double standards all the way and from a company with zero moral standards.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,532 posts
13,087 battles
Just now, MistaBoo said:

You could and i apologise for going left field here. 

Make a few 18+ servers where swearing in the context of banter is allowed.

Bare in mind. Im Scottish. Most of our swearing is a term of endearment. 

eg...Have you met that new guy David? He's a great C%^t,.

Horrible word but where im from its used constantly and not in a derogatory way.

I get you mate.. 

We have one THE greatest Scots in our clan, (you should see his speshul raging video compilations!!)

and One of my best friends in this life is another Scot.. 

But this is a game with PG rating +7

So.. I don't think so.. 

• Cool 1

Players
4,024 posts
21,135 battles
9 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Thats not to point, 

We're not talking about handing out a trigger list, but about informing players who inquire about their ban better. so they immediately understand what they specifically did wrong, and by that adjust their behavior. If a list is formed on reddit or whatever, welcome to the internet.

But I get 'the point, it's a corporate culture thingy.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this