You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

34 comments in this topic

Players
112 posts
3,525 battles

hello, i am curious to know, if there was a special reason for carriers to have the rising sun on their decks.

i mean, the zuiho, junyo, shouhou and others unryu class carriers, the akagi the kaga, the hiryu and the soryu. all of them had a rising sun on their decks, but the shoukaku class carriers and the taiho class. didnt have it.   

so i am curious to know if somebody knows why some carriers had it, others didnt

[EUTF]
Players
279 posts
6,989 battles

Historical accurate data from the secret basement of Soviet Union secret photos reconnaissance flights :cap_cool:

or also known as we dont care much for historical accuracy jsut copy paste some things we found in internet

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
112 posts
3,525 battles
Proprio ora, Nauseica ha scritto:

Historical accurate data from the secret basement of Soviet Union secret photos reconnaissance flights :cap_cool:

or also known as we dont care much for historical accuracy jsut copy paste some things we found in internet

how that even goes near to my question. i just want to know if someone can answer me. if you dont know. dont write some *********

[EUTF]
Players
279 posts
6,989 battles

Then quote some official WG representative for faster answers

and you kind of asked 2 questions :p

• Bad 2

Players
112 posts
3,525 battles
1 minuto fa, Nauseica ha scritto:

Then quote some official WG representative for faster answers

and you kind of asked 2 questions :p

what would be the 2 questions -_-

i just asked if there was a special reason for the rising sun deck, and i gave an example to avoid answers like "didnt all of them have it"

[NECRO]
Players
3,149 posts

I think the rising sun was applied after Pearl Harbor and before Midway to help with visual identification. At least 3 of the 4 Midway participants had them, while there are no photos of Kaga during that battle, but eyewitnesses reported she also had a rising sun. I guess the IJN did not apply the rising sun to other carriers thereafter either out of superstition (all carriers who featured it had been sunk, after all), or to take the opposing approach as before - to make visual identification more difficult once the enemy was gaining the numerical superiority in carriers. And there is the idea that better landing assists had been developed at that time which made any visual markings (like "rising sun marks the bow end") obsolete.

• Cool 4

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,814 battles

I believe it had something to do with the last two entering the service late and didn't have them to avoid unnecessary detection by the enemy.

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles
6 minuti fa, marcopieroni16 ha scritto:

so i am curious to know if somebody knows why some carriers had it, others didnt

For the same same reason why ITA ships have the red and white stripes on the bow: IDENTIFICATION. 

[EUTF]
Players
279 posts
6,989 battles

For a start i think i miss read your initial post - i was thought you been talking for ingame cv's so my bad for the troll answer

From what i see the rising sun in some web pages was painted early on war and later has been removed or stop paint on new cv that went on service

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
607 posts
5,017 battles
18 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

hello, i am curious to know, if there was a special reason for carriers to have the rising sun on their decks.

i mean, the zuiho, junyo, shouhou and others unryu class carriers, the akagi the kaga, the hiryu and the soryu. all of them had a rising sun on their decks, but the shoukaku class carriers and the taiho class. didnt have it.   

you are asking a history question to company that does not care not follows the history in this game,no logic, no sense

they have important job now, to put this stupid fantasy Big hunt mode for kids

• Cool 1

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles
Proprio ora, MementoMori_6030 ha scritto:

take the opposing approach as before

yeah, in fact, after midway the rest of the carriers got some degree of camo

[-STD-]
Players
87 posts
1,290 battles

The same reason why the Nazis couldn't use Swastikas on the bow and aft of their ships for identification from the air, it would paint a big red target for the Allies on the ship. Think of Bismarck as an example, she had swastikas on her deck when she travelled from the Baltics to Norway, and a little bit into Rheinubüng. Which was later painted over in favor of painted turret tops (citation needed)

Players
112 posts
3,525 battles
2 minuti fa, Wulf_Ace ha scritto:

you are asking a history question to company that does not care not follows the history in this game,no logic, no sense

they have important job now, to put this stupid fantasy Big hunt mode for kids

i am NOT asking WG i am asking to normal players.............. why is people so....... can i say dumb? like sersily i CAN say it in this case

Players
2,048 posts
14,514 battles
20 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

i am NOT asking WG i am asking to normal players.............. why is people so....... can i say dumb? like sersily i CAN say it in this case

They are not trying to answer you but have a dig at WG. Par for the course, some people can't help it.

[DREAD]
Players
10,860 posts
7,471 battles
45 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

For the same same reason why ITA ships have the red and white stripes on the bow: IDENTIFICATION. 

That’s what I would think too. The last thing you want is to have your ships attacked by your own bombers. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,048 posts
14,514 battles
12 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

That’s what I would think too. The last thing you want is to have your ships attacked by your own bombers. 

And then, when you realise you are on the side with no bombers left, you quickly remove the paint.

• Cool 3

[NECRO]
Players
3,149 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Taliesn sagte:

And then, when you realise you are on the side with no bombers left, you quickly remove the paint.

Or, in case you are Italy, switch sides.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
291 posts
4,319 battles
1 hour ago, marcopieroni16 said:

how that even goes near to my question. i just want to know if someone can answer me. if you dont know. dont write some *********

Your discussion/responses sound very similar to this dude I often see on Steam's discussions who started a similar topic. I take it that you're the same guy?1420155725_18bd76e1-9ff1-44db-8f26-69c915094448_LI(2).thumb.jpg.a0babf62d9680efab0b940401cf13df1.jpg1265869408_506f31ec-1a1d-4e32-8c01-f18e89d2a4e5_LI(2).thumb.jpg.f380df5b384ed17a8453ebdebb446969.jpg1670170733_dwL4hQ_LI(2).thumb.jpg.ec4b378bb1406e9badbe491215875e32.jpg

Players
6,668 posts

I was going to suggest they are in actuality a misinterpretation of the coffee stains on the original historically accurate Lesta Cafeteria napkins...:Smile_hiding:

Players
6,668 posts

On a slightly serious approach to the question.. uhmm...

Wikipedia does not offer much photographic evidence, what you can see on some photos is a white circle painted on the flight deck, only an outline, mind you. Perhaps in reality, only the circles were painted at least in war time service.

[NECRO]
Players
3,149 posts
Vor 17 Minuten, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

Wikipedia does not offer much photographic evidence, what you can see on some photos is a white circle painted on the flight deck, only an outline, mind you. Perhaps in reality, only the circles were painted at least in war time service.

Afaik the carriers of the 1st and 2nd carrier divisions had those red suns painted on after their return from the Indian Ocean raid, prior to their deployment for Operation MI.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,527 posts
13,043 battles

so this is not a question about gameplay.. but historical designs. 

Ok, topic moved into appropriate section. 

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
607 posts
5,017 battles
2 hours ago, marcopieroni16 said:

its great that you are smart.

• Boring 1

Players
112 posts
3,525 battles
1 ora fa, Communist_Loli ha scritto:

Your discussion/responses sound very similar to this dude I often see on Steam's discussions who started a similar topic. I take it that you're the same guy?1420155725_18bd76e1-9ff1-44db-8f26-69c915094448_LI(2).thumb.jpg.a0babf62d9680efab0b940401cf13df1.jpg1265869408_506f31ec-1a1d-4e32-8c01-f18e89d2a4e5_LI(2).thumb.jpg.f380df5b384ed17a8453ebdebb446969.jpg1670170733_dwL4hQ_LI(2).thumb.jpg.ec4b378bb1406e9badbe491215875e32.jpg

yes that was me, the only difference is that i asked 2 quesitons there

• Cool 1