You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Please remove Karma

56 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
1,412 posts
24,516 battles

Yes another thread on Karma, just played 4 battles we won all 4, in two of my DD', Asashio and Friesland, I was in a division of 3 for the first 2 and 2 for the second 2 Battles. I finished top in 2, 3rd in 1 and 4th in the other I helped team mates where possible with smoke, etc never berated anyone in chat etc, yet i lost a Karma point in each battle, FFS people get a grip please or just remove karma altogether and have a straight reporting system for abuse, afk and unsportsmanlike behaviour, and make them worth while I.E, WG has to check the reports etc before bans etc are put into place.  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[THESO]
Players
8,159 posts
41,981 battles

There's a mod that does that and you don't see it anymore. 

[OGHF]
Players
1,412 posts
24,516 battles
5 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

There's a mod that does that and you don't see it anymore. 

But it will not stop numpty's removing karma points because you  killed them or beat them in a battle??

[THESO]
Players
8,159 posts
41,981 battles
Just now, Cyclops_ said:

But it will not stop numpty's removing karma points because you  killed them or beat them in a battle??

If you won't see it in port then you won't bother.

• Cool 2

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,901 battles

Karma is like achieving R1 one in ranked battles, utterly meaningless.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[EIRE]
Players
138 posts
9,846 battles
31 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Who cares, if they want to report you then whats the problem, karma has no meaning so why care.

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
241 posts
945 battles
1 hour ago, Cyclops_ said:

Yes another thread on Karma, just played 4 battles we won all 4, in two of my DD', Asashio and Friesland, I was in a division of 3 for the first 2 and 2 for the second 2 Battles. I finished top in 2, 3rd in 1 and 4th in the other I helped team mates where possible with smoke, etc never berated anyone in chat etc, yet i lost a Karma point in each battle, FFS people get a grip please or just remove karma altogether and have a straight reporting system for abuse, afk and unsportsmanlike behaviour, and make them worth while I.E, WG has to check the reports etc before bans etc are put into place.  

Lots of ppl report ships they don't like or which they feel should not be in the game, such as CVs. Asashio is a widely despised gimmick ship and I know players who routinely report it. HE spammers in smoke also get reported sometimes.

It thus probably has nothing to do with your play, but rather, the ship you are in. Because WG offers players no opt-outs or other avenues to avoid ships they feel don't belong in the game, and no way to protest, karmic punishment is one of the few ways players can protest dumb decisions by the devs, like flooding the game with CVs and broken ships like Petra or Asashio.

• Cool 3

[NECRO]
Players
3,070 posts

My karma removes itself. I guess my dead enemies report me more often than they commend me. It's really surprising how little they appreciate death. I shall torment their ungrateful souls with necromantic rituals throughout eternity. ☠

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
3,659 posts
18,027 battles

But why? It's just a number hidden in port somewhere. It has 0 impact on the game (ok, it actually determines thea mount of +1 / -1 you can give, but that has no impact anyways).

So why care? Yes people can be salty losers, yes people can be trolling, yes people can be toxic... the way for them to express this by not breaking chat rules is to mess with your karma.
karma.jpg.857812cb8634dd87efa8b55f12361a31.jpg

Players
805 posts
7,989 battles

You care about your karma points, OP? May I ask why?

Though, I was annoyed yesterday myself. Two games in a row I was complimented, making my karma 2. I took care of that right quick, though. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

I heard wg will give out sc for every 10 karma points in the near future :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4

Players
2,130 posts
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

I heard wg will give out sc for every 10 karma points in the near future :Smile_trollface:

For a while they gave out FTW camos for positive karma and no chat bans on NA. I think it was every 3 months where you got like 25 of them. Back then these camos were really good with 333% commander XP and +20% credits. This "good behavior program" never made it to EU and was dumped again after about a year on NA.

Anyway, the only stupid thing about karma is, that reports are bound to it. Like how many times you can report players. At least chat reports should be unlimited, because what does WG think? That people suddenly stop their racist and other [edited] in chat after you used your 7 to 11 reports over the course of maybe 20 games?

[SHAD]
Players
3,741 posts
15,095 battles

Karma is only a way to allow players to vent, WG have said this themselves. Best not to worry about it.

• Cool 2

[-STD-]
Players
85 posts
1,255 battles
5 minutes ago, bobtherterrible said:

Sure is nice when you have a good game and get a compliment or two tho.

198.jpg.1f214077293b4b7a96daca0c010cdd96.jpg

• Funny 4

Players
919 posts
4,003 battles

Karma is indeed meaningless. Befriended players of the same or different clans complementing themselves all day long when they see each other. It is a totally common practice. Especially when you play a 2 or 3 dvision and get some colleagues in divisions in the other team. For the regular player, you will get downvoted for basically everything. For not being everywhere at once, for winning, for killing, for surviving, for kill "stealing". It is completely ridiculous. Ignore stupid commands by dead suicidal team mates who rage all over the entire battle, end up winning: "Your karma has decreased". I can sweat my [edited] off and then see my karma gets reduced after the battle. I can win +5 in a row by sweating my [edited] off, only to lose it all in one game. It is a completely ridiculous, abused and misused feature and especially demotivating for newer players and beginners. It is a louzy attempt at implementing something like a social score. Instead, WG should get their s*** together and actually reward the 3 best players of both teams with an extra bonus, to motivate others to actually improve their gameplay. The entire toxicity of this game is actively incentivized and promoted by WG by welcomingly allowing new players to die themselves up the tiers. The player base has never been that worse before and there are hardly any other games where there is in most cases a ZERO learning curve after thousands and even ten thousands of battles played and hundreds of hours of in game time spent.

[0KILL]
Players
119 posts
9 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

If you won't see it in port then you won't bother.

The question is why people get bothered at all by this useless thing?

[-STD-]
Players
85 posts
1,255 battles
2 minutes ago, AkerJack said:

The question is why people get bothered at all by this useless thing?

Because said people are snowflakes and think their A+ in behaviour will drop to a D just because of a few mald people had s*** in their cornflakes that morning.

• Funny 1

[0KILL]
Players
119 posts
19 minutes ago, SDRS_Meister said:

Because said people are snowflakes and think their A+ in behaviour will drop to a D just because of a few mald people had s*** in their cornflakes that morning.

It couldn't exist a better explanation!! :cap_like:

Players
919 posts
4,003 battles
39 minutes ago, SDRS_Meister said:

That is too short of a thought. It is not wrong however. But imagine new players hopping into the lower tiers, meet all those super sweats with their legendary commanders boosting their stats, only to see "Your karma has decreased" after a game, just because they could not repeat their purple stat pad PR against bots this time. It is too outdated of a feature and even removing it seems to take resources WG does not have time to spend all together.

[-STD-]
Players
85 posts
1,255 battles
15 minutes ago, Von_Pruss said:

That is too short of a thought. It is not wrong however. But imagine new players hopping into the lower tiers, meet all those super sweats with their legendary commanders boosting their stats, only to see "Your karma has decreased" after a game, just because they could not repeat their purple stat pad PR against bots this time. It is too outdated of a feature and even removing it seems to take resources WG does not have time to spend all together.

That's true, but it's still important for new players to learn to not care about karma. Because in the end the worst that can happen is that they have a breakdown or they learn to not give a damn. I remember meeting a guy in randoms, he was malding because the flank that I was on was going "too slow" for him, I asked him who took a s*** in his cornflakes and he reported and DM'd me about it LOL. Mald people will be mald

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,079 posts
18,874 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, bobtherterrible said:

Sure is nice when you have a good game and get a compliment or two tho.

My last ranked I had 4 kills... almost Kraken and I needed lucky salvo too kill 1 remaining enemy DD) but we still unfortunately lost... I got +5 Karma from that match alone (from both my team and enemy team)... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[RODS]
Players
1,807 posts
7,821 battles

My "Karma" has been at a steady "1" for 2-3 weeks

Havn´t said much in chat 

Havn´t done anything exceptionally stupid

Players
2,797 posts
33,674 battles
23 minutes ago, SDRS_Meister said:

That's true, but it's still important for new players to learn to not care about karma. 

If there is no such thing as karma, they don’t have to learn not to care about it.