You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FAP_pt

Minnesota: worth the grind?

30 comments in this topic

[-URK-]
Players
45 posts
14,703 battles

Just want to share my frustration about the minnesota, SLOW SHIP, dispersion like hell, bad AA, and when we finally connect with the target its like the image you see... 20 hits for 17 000 damage.

I just want to know, is this pain worth it? Is the Vermont worth this suffering?

I remember back in the day when the IZumo was called the Shitsumo, but yamato was worth that terrible ship (now a little better).

A side note for the italian BBs, untill now i think they are fine (at least the T7 i started to play).

minnesotta.png

[0KILL]
Players
124 posts

With the Minnesota I've got a devastating strike against a Conqueror in 1 salvo...

That branch is good...just a different play style.

• Funny 1

Modder
5,396 posts
24,445 battles

Even playing 20 knots BB on tier V is a pain, not speaking about high tier. Some like to farm, some to be farmed and a choice is Yours. It's all ballanced. ;-)

[-URK-]
Players
45 posts
14,703 battles

Its a difficult ship to play, if you stay too far from the battle the shells that go to the moon and back will never hit the target, because when the shells fall the battle is over...

We have to be very careful to choose when to fire because the next volley is 35 or 40s away, you have to wait for that perfect broadside or you just dont do nothing to the target.

I had a neptune that made more damage to me than my overpens to him.

At least Iowa is a little more consistent.

But perhaps is just me, the only american BB that i liked was the NC, or Texas, good in theit tiers and consistent.

I hated Colorado and this BB line is overgrown Colorados.

But they said Vermount was very consistent, so i wanted to try this grind.

[VIBES]
Players
901 posts
20,227 battles

Good ship IMHO, but she needs CE+Dead Eye+ Accuracy Mod to become a serious sniper, much better than the Kansas.

She's so slow I was once able to get a Solo Warrior with her (only time in a BB): the team got all the caps but overextended before I could help...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles

All I am going to say to the question above is..

nope nope nope.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SHAD]
Players
3,783 posts
15,168 battles

Vermont has the best broadside in the game and seems very strong.

That said, if you are not enjoying Minnesota you may not enjoy Vermont as the playstyle is the same.

[THESO]
Players
8,170 posts
42,065 battles

Vermont is worth it dude trust me, these massive guns have a big punch. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
8 hours ago, FAP_pt said:

I just want to know, is this pain worth it? Is the Vermont worth this suffering?

Well It depends - do you like to devstrike say a full HP Kremlin?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Well It depends - do you like to devstrike say a full HP Kremlin?

Or be dev struck BY said Kremlin as after all the reverse is more than possible too.:Smile-_tongue:

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,527 posts
13,037 battles

After Kansas, Mini feels like Heaven! 

Just.. AMAZING! (for me at least)

[FDFF]
Players
22 posts
18,389 battles

I've put my Minnesota grind into hiatus, got the Kansas during the event put a 19 pt captain on her and because it was a 'special ship' got the xp to get the Minnesota, when it dropped into the regular line, after getting her thought it was just because the modules weren't there because it was worse than the Kansas, so ground those out, it was painful, but the ship still didn't perform for me.  Ground out the new mexico, Colorado and NC instead. Found the Colorado a much easier experience than either the Kansas or Minnesota. I've stopped the NC grind when WG announced they're changing the modules on the NC to wait and see what's going to happen. My Russian BB grind is also on hiatus at the Vlad for similar reasons. Might go back to the Minnesota grind one day but moved over to the Japanese line and just finished Nagato. Once I get past Tier 8 in a line I often wonder if there's a huge point going further, that said I did go all the way to the end of both russian and british cruiser lines  as well as the german, italian and japanese ones plus the British and German BB lines but I haven't really played the tier x ships much because tier x games are horrid so it gets to the point of why bother, I rather play the Drake than the Goliath! Since the announcement of the another skills rework the only BBs I play with any regularity are the Italian ones and the Monarch, don't believe I am saying this but I am really enjoying the Monarch after the re-work

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,102 posts
18,949 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

After Kansas, Mini feels like Heaven! 

Just.. AMAZING! (for me at least)

I am still at "Kansas"... CoOp only with her in definitively... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
2 hours ago, lafeel said:

Or be dev struck BY said Kremlin as after all the reverse is more than possible too.:Smile-_tongue:

True ^^

Players
2,797 posts
33,716 battles

“Minnesota: worth the grind?”

-No. Unless it is the only line left to grind, it isn’t worth.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,527 posts
13,037 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I am still at "Kansas"... CoOp only with her in definitively... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

I have to admit.. 
after 10 or so battles, I started to spam HE with her.. 

better results than AP..

Then 2 nights ago, while I needed another 80K xp.. Something snapped.. 

and I've found myself fxp'ing her.. including another 100K for mini's modules.. 

:) 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,204 posts
23 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

“Minnesota: worth the grind?”

-No. Unless it is the only line left to grind, it isn’t worth.

story of my life ... almost ...

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,139 posts
22,935 battles

To be honest, I found the Kansas to be a more fun ship than Minnesota. At least at T8 she isn't too bad.

The Mini-Sucker however has a really bad setup for T9. I'm almost done with the ship but will not be missing it.

[CATCH]
Players
352 posts
8,887 battles

The Kansas uptiers really badly and makes you wish you were in a Colorado at times, no joke. Against semi competent people it's frustrating, as there is no chance that they won't dodge those superslow shells.

I now use it only in division where I am basically carried by others. I suppose the minnesota is going to be similar, until the vermont which is actually decent. Certainly a line that will never be reset and ground over again.

• Cool 1

[-URK-]
Players
45 posts
14,703 battles

In one battle i played i got 4 ricochets in one salvo against a Drake... a Drake... that usually dies just because a BB looked at him the wrong way. Not 1 or 2, but 4 ricochets in one salvo, what are the odds on that? Its like hitting the upper bar and the the left and then the right bar in the goal.

It isnt a problem in other BBs missing salvos but in this line you have to wait another 40 seconds to get a shot (im using the dispersion module because if not is even more unplayable).

ARgh i hate this ship...

[XTREM]
Players
22 posts
10,298 battles
22 hours ago, FAP_pt said:

Just want to share my frustration about the minnesota, SLOW SHIP, dispersion like hell, bad AA, and when we finally connect with the target its like the image you see... 20 hits for 17 000 damage.

I remember back in the day when the IZumo was called the Shitsumo, but yamato was worth that terrible ship (now a little better).

A side note for the italian BBs, untill now i think they are fine (at least the T7 i started to play).

minnesotta.png

If you dont enyoy minnesota, you wont enyoy vermont, it plays the same, with abit more pen, and abit worse armor t per t , but dispersion is pretty much the same. 

• Cool 2