Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kapnobathrac

Ship trading event?

18 comments in this topic

Players
454 posts

Wouldn’t it be nice if we had once a year a form of ship trading event where players could trade ships (max 1) between each other . Some players have ships others want that they don’t like.

Someone might trade a Kremlin for a Yamato whereas others might trade an enterprise for a Stalingrad and so on.

when I got a vanguard I sold it for credits. Others might want it and would trade something “nice” for it.

Make something fun, tired of farming 599999 damage for 5 flags events

• Cool 11
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 1

Players
2,328 posts
20,586 battles

Cannot see it happening, but I guess it’s one way I could finally get my hands on a Makarov, 

• Funny 24

[CAIN]
Players
4,938 posts
20,778 battles
2 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Cannot see it happening, but I guess it’s one way I could finally get my hands on a Makarov, 

Yep.

While I can imagine WG doing something like that, I am pretty sure it most likely will be limited to premiums. And Enterprise and other removed ones will not be on the list of premiums you'll be able to get.

It does not appeal to me trading in a Tirpitz for an Alabama, and paying a couple thousand Dubloons on top.

Cause that is how it works in WoT, you don't trade in tank for tank,  but Tank and Gold for tank. 

And should WG do this in WoWS, I doubt they will allow a ship for ship trade, cause there is no money to be gained. And they sure won't allow removed ships to be on that list, cause that would screw the MM hard  not to mention their Xmas profits.

Might be nice for folks who do not buy every premium, but it doesn't appeal to me buying a premium full price, trading it away for 50-60% and paying more money on top to get another premium. Cause in that case, I basically payed 60+€ for the Alabama and my Tirpitz is gone.

Eh.

• Cool 3

Players
454 posts
7 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Yep.

While I can imagine WG doing something like that, I am pretty sure it most likely will be limited to premiums. And Enterprise and other removed ones will not be on the list of premiums you'll be able to get.

It does not appeal to me trading in a Tirpitz for an Alabama, and paying a couple thousand Dubloons on top.

Cause that is how it works in WoT, you don't trade in tank for tank,  but Tank and Gold for tank. 

And should WG do this in WoWS, I doubt they will allow a ship for ship trade, cause there is no money to be gained. And they sure won't allow removed ships to be on that list, cause that would screw the MM hard  not to mention their Xmas profits.

Might be nice for folks who do not buy every premium, but it doesn't appeal to me buying a premium full price, trading it away for 50-60% and paying more money on top to get another premium. Cause in that case, I basically payed 60+€ for the Alabama and my Tirpitz is gone.

Eh.

Well if the Tirpitz was rare enough you could get an Austin from someone who thinks it’s boring. That’s the beauty of it, one mans trash is another mans treasure.

and if I gave up my enterprise for a Stalingrad for example, the number of enterprises is the same, it just switches owner.

I understand that the people desperate to get a certain ship would wait for this event instead of buying a bazillion containers and take their chance. Can wg ever say “I’ll just do something cool for the players without squeezing out every penny this time”? I mean some humanity must even wg owners have inside of them 

Players
2,328 posts
20,586 battles
21 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

Well if the Tirpitz was rare enough you could get an Austin from someone who thinks it’s boring. That’s the beauty of it, one mans trash is another mans treasure.

and if I gave up my enterprise for a Stalingrad for example, the number of enterprises is the same, it just switches owner.

I understand that the people desperate to get a certain ship would wait for this event instead of buying a bazillion containers and take their chance. Can wg ever say “I’ll just do something cool for the players without squeezing out every penny this time”? I mean some humanity must even wg owners have inside of them 

I do like your idea but he is right there is no way WG would be so nice, as long as people are willing to buy containers with even the tiniest chance of getting some rare ship they desire it’s in WGs interest not to be generous to the player base. It’s certainly not in WGs nature either.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,527 posts
13,037 battles

nope.. not gonna happen.. 
That will open to the floodgates called "trading between players" and no.. WG will not allow that If I know them.. 

Because nobody can prevent people selling their ships.. 

do you need belfast? 
lets trade.. give me anything in return.. and 300 euros on the side :) 

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
3,922 battles
11 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

do you need belfast? 
lets trade.. give me anything in return.. and 300 euros on the side :) 

I guarantee you this already happens. People sell accounts for games they don't want all the time. There are sites and seedier places on the internet dedicated to such activities. If there are rare ships in those accounts, that adds to their real world value, and there must be plenty of people out there willing to buy.

Given the thousands people can sink into WoWS I wouldn't be surprised, that a fair few of them that have lost interest with the game or are unhappy with where the game is going, haven't already sold their accounts to get some of the money  they put in back.

A quick google search found this ....

https://www.playerauctions.com/world-of-warships-account/

Of course buyer beware, if WG catch up with you .....

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,726 posts
11,813 battles
35 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I guarantee you this already happens. People sell accounts for games they don't want all the time. There are sites and seedier places on the internet dedicated to such activities. If there are rare ships in those accounts, that adds to their real world value, and there must be plenty of people out there willing to buy.

Given the thousands people can sink into WoWS I wouldn't be surprised, that a fair few of them that have lost interest with the game or are unhappy with where the game is going, haven't already sold their accounts to get some of the money  they put in back.

A quick google search found this ....

https://www.playerauctions.com/world-of-warships-account/

Of course buyer beware, if WG catch up with you .....

A couple of thougths:

1: EULA strictly forbids selling the accounts because it would hurt WeeGee sales. However I don't think they have a right to do this and it would make an interesting court case.

2: If you hate someone just create a fake ad in their name and then report it to WeeGee: Profit$$$

[RODS]
Players
1,814 posts
7,822 battles

Yeah, I´d easily trade all 4 of my tier 8 CV:s for an Ohio or Shikishima

Saipan

Kaga

Enterprise

Graf Zeppelin

Can even chuck in the Ark Royal as a "bonus"

Players
2,797 posts
33,716 battles
13 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if we had once a year a form of ship trading event where players could trade ships (max 1) between each other . Some players have ships others want that they don’t like.

Someone might trade a Kremlin for a Yamato whereas others might trade an enterprise for a Stalingrad and so on.

This is not new. It has been brought up since 2015 on and off. Wg will never allow trading ships between accounts because their sales will be impacted highly by doing so.

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles
13 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

I heard it's the most coveted ship in all of WoWS.

• Funny 2

[SVX]
Players
1,383 posts
16,374 battles
59 minutes ago, Dampfboot said:

I heard it's the most coveted ship in all of WoWS.

so many got it so it will be removed from over popularity  and become a rare ship ! 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,169 posts
21,661 battles
3 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

A couple of thougths:

1: EULA strictly forbids selling the accounts because it would hurt WeeGee sales. However I don't think they have a right to do this and it would make an interesting court case.

2: If you hate someone just create a fake ad in their name and then report it to WeeGee: Profit$$$

I would not be an interesting court case (as its already happened and they lost) we have had this discussion before... For example under EU law are allowed to sell something you own the maker can not stop you...

But..

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=2d506e3d-68d5-4df1-9b1d-19d99cddfd15

Basically apart from software with a License KEY. that can change hands,  

Digital media Ebooks/Music and of cause game assets and accounts that have been purchased or built up over time.. The ability to sell them on to a third party IS NOT protected by LAW.

Whats this mean.. Well in theory i can sell my windows OS operating system  as it has a license key.. Im not selling the software im selling the license key

You can sell a paper book but you cant by law sell an EBook unless the media creator allows it.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,726 posts
11,813 battles
3 hours ago, T0byJug said:

I would not be an interesting court case (as its already happened and they lost) we have had this discussion before... For example under EU law are allowed to sell something you own the maker can not stop you...

But..

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=2d506e3d-68d5-4df1-9b1d-19d99cddfd15

Basically apart from software with a License KEY. that can change hands,  

Digital media Ebooks/Music and of cause game assets and accounts that have been purchased or built up over time.. The ability to sell them on to a third party IS NOT protected by LAW.

Whats this mean.. Well in theory i can sell my windows OS operating system  as it has a license key.. Im not selling the software im selling the license key

You can sell a paper book but you cant by law sell an EBook unless the media creator allows it.

Well, what you linked in here states music, e-books and software. Which is basically creating a copy of an existing thing. As in real life it would be like if someone else started printing the same book because when you sell a software or a music there is no making sure that you are selling that 1 copy you have and not secretly making a copy of what you have therefore multiplying it.

Meanwhile game accounts seems different to me. Because you cannot create a copy of an account. There is only 1 account and the owners can track where you are using it from and such. So the total of accounts and the total of account owners would not change just the owner. Meanwhile with e-books and software it is different. The number of them would be more.

It is still a highly unregulated sector even in the EU and these EULAs work in a shady grey area. (At least this is my opinion. Please don't feel attacked or anything. )

Beta Tester
2,195 posts
12,822 battles
19 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

when I got a vanguard I sold it for credits. Others might want it and would trade something “nice” for it.

Make something fun, tired of farming 599999 damage for 5 flags events

Think most of the playerbase would love such an event but it never gonna happen! Reason, WG looses money if players trade ships instead of buying them from WG.

I for one would probably trade away my Belfast, Kutuzov and Missouri for a Benham. But that's just me.

Players
454 posts
52 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Think most of the playerbase would love such an event but it never gonna happen! Reason, WG looses money if players trade ships instead of buying them from WG.

I for one would probably trade away my Belfast, Kutuzov and Missouri for a Benham. But that's just me.

and im sure ill Find an enterprise nuthugger who has 1000000 steel and would throw away his FDR for it lol

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
3,922 battles
9 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

Don't think it would work. Pretty sure WeeGee track the IP address's of clients. 

Sign in to follow this