You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
albin322

big hunt rewards underwhleming ?

66 comments in this topic

[SVX]
Players
1,382 posts
16,357 battles

is it just me or is the rewards underwhelming this time to ? i mean last of these events they had to adda  mission chains with super containers to get people to play it...............

Rewards

Earned Battle Points can be spent in the Armory to purchase three types of random bundles that include, among other things, a special temporary resource—icon_eventum_2_5e12273711a6fe3f2341957a1 Corporation Tokens.

8f4ddea8-8597-11eb-8267-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Corporation Tokens can be exchanged for themed permanent camouflages for flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcstandard_357acc9fc0e2f7d98f047c99edffad3VIII Akizuki, flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcstandard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4VIII Amagi, and flag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6standard_357acc9fc0e2f7d98f047c99edffad3VIII Öland (5 Tokens each), or for Credits.

Apart from that, you can exchange Doubloons, Credits, and Free XP for bundles with Corporation Tokens and Coal in the Armory.
8ebd2dcc-8597-11eb-a84e-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg
  • Cool 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

Randoms

Permaranked

CBs

Brawls

Special modes

How much crap do we need? :cap_old:

Couldnt care less tbh... rewards are not worth the crap going on in that mode. Is it the same as last time? Like make division during battle and then torp your div mate, cancel the div and [edited]him 1 sec before the torps hit for ultra mega kek? Or trying to invite someone to div, he cancels, then he attempts to kill you because he is captain beachcommander, but ofc he sucks so you pull down his pants and play with his dingeling, so he tries to invite you into div so you dont kill him? :cap_fainting:

crap gamemode, crap rewards, crap players = best to avoid.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 6

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles

Yeah, i just saw the article and yes, they are awful; i personally enjoyed Key battles (there are those that liked it and those that didn't; i enjoyed it) and you get 2 universal perma camos (which i got) 3 captains (if anyone needed them) and the usual credits, camos, premium account, exc.

But this?! NOPE i won't play it 

[SVX]
Players
1,382 posts
16,357 battles
17 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

ouldnt care less tbh... rewards are not worth the crap going on in that mode. Is it the same as last time?

yes and no same kind of gameplay but you can start with a division of 3 this time. and in week 4 you can make a division of 6.

[BASIC]
Players
800 posts
21,850 battles

I haven't touched fastasy modes since Saving Transilvania. Seems I will keep avoiding this

Players
1,072 posts

I wonder how the original Key Battles player numbers compared to those for Ops, such that they get a second crack of the whip with resources that could (presumably) have been used to bring back Cherry Blossom, Dynamo et al?

• Cool 3

[NECRO]
Players
3,111 posts

Key battles again? Looks like this patch will consume 7.5 GB on my HD for stuff I have not the least interest in. Can we get "optional" settings on patch days? Like "replace only relevant files, bugger off with stupid events, game modes and eye candy"?

• Cool 6

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,282 posts
Vor 24 Minuten, albin322 sagte:

but you can start with a division of 3 this time

which is a huge step back compared to the Key mode...the only good point of the Key battles (compared to Filth or Rogue wave) was the exclusion of pre-made divisions...

• Bad 3

[SVX]
Players
1,382 posts
16,357 battles
16 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

which is a huge step back compared to the Key mode...the only good point of the Key battles (compared to Filth or Rogue wave) was the exclusion of pre-made divisions...

dont agree, my clan is very active. and not being able to play with them is just booring.

Players
1,077 posts
18,199 battles

So, they don´t have resources to work on operations but instead come up with this crap?

Yeah....

• Cool 15

[TACHA]
Players
249 posts
945 battles
6 minutes ago, JG4_sKylon said:

So, they don´t have resources to work on operations but instead come up with this crap?

Yeah....

Exactly. We should have had a huge range of operations by now. Or all this energy could have been put into giving us more maps. Or the quality of life changes to the UI, etc....

But that assumes a company that is in tune with the people who will spend money in the long-term. And all they care about is the churn. 

Incredible potential for long-term money and cultivation of high value paying customers, but zero customer orientation and short-term thinking means that WG is basically like a man who was given a garden that could have yielded crops in abundance forever with proper care, but instead decided to sell the topsoil for a quick buck.

Makes me sad. I don't regret spending the $$ that I did, I am just sad that only the players love this game. 

Players
2,314 posts
20,586 battles

I’m guessing it will be like last year, they will end up having to offer some extra incentive due to low participation. 

I didn't really enjoy big Hunt last time and after trying it on PTS I still found it very underwhelming (boring). At least this way as I don't enjoy the mode and the rewards are lackluster I can easily ignore it, after all only a fool would play something they don't enjoy and don't get anything rewarding from it 

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

I just want funny looking premium camos we can put on any ship, that was available last time and I missed out, even if they sell them for doubloons, it's fine.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,586 posts
4,354 battles

Since this is special ships anyway, I pass. I have a few T9 DDs to grind still for my goals ...

Players
462 posts
5,402 battles

its fine for the camos even if it isnt for ships i will ever play

but letting people in in divisions is just stupid

it prettymuch completely invalidates lone hunters forcing people into unreliable divisions 

used to be you could pressure a division hard enough to abandon their weakest link to you, now with no warning there will be premade divisions that cant crumble 

stupid

• Boring 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Last time you could get funny looking T8 perma camos, I salty I missed out on that. I want funny looking perma camos for various tech tree ships. Wargaming, why won't you sell me funny looking perma camos? Not just T8s, let me buy them for any tier. You don't even need to make them, you already made them, sell them to me. Thanks

[SM0KE]
Players
6,927 posts
15,447 battles

Having meh rewards is a modest win for me: means I don't have to play the mode. I'm wondering if WG have collectively learned something recently - over in WOT you don't have to play the latest iteration of Steel Hunter either (you did previously, if you wanted the reward tanks); by doing things this way, you (WG that is) may not get the warm fuzzy glow of high participation numbers on the spreadsheet, but you do avoid pi$$ing off people by putting an interesting reward behind a disliked mode...

• Cool 5

Players
1,803 posts
23,118 battles

Personally I didnt enjoy any of the Sci-Fi content WG made so far. I dont think ships are fitting in a Sci-Fi-Scenario... in contrast to Madmax and Halloween which is actually fitting. 

Also this battle-royale mode is just cheap, hoping for the players to create their own content with the very limited interaction they have. 

Sadly i fear it will stay that cheap and WG is just waiting for the next xy-rework to pull the plug from OPS definitively. 

• Cool 3

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, DFens_666 sagte:

Couldnt care less tbh... rewards are not worth the crap going on in that mode. Is it the same as last time? Like make division during battle and then torp your div mate, cancel the div and [edited]him 1 sec before the torps hit for ultra mega kek? 

I played probably 100 battles in last such event, and such backstab happened to me only once. By a unicum player, non the less. One that certainly doesn't have to resort to underhanded methods to win, doing it for fun. And nothing extraordinary happened in other 99 battles. Let's say AFK players in my team in randoms happen in more then one of hunderd battles and are more annoying.

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles

WG, here is customer feedback for you to ignore, more and better operations please instead of this crap mode please.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,111 posts

I barely remember the event where I did somehow get camos for my Pensa and LaGa. Those are quite nice, have special sounds... what has come along since is a far cry from such quality.

• Cool 1

Players
4,382 posts
5,713 battles

I barely played any battle last time, I know I won't play any battle this time.

Weegee really knows how to create events that nobody cares for.

btw what is that 80% bundle at bottom? We can buy 5000 Coal for 1,5 mil credits?