Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RamboCras

italian tokens - Lepanto - V. Veneto

30 comments in this topic

[VLOOT]
Players
341 posts
21,184 battles

I did all my mission, now I have 1400 tokens left, next step is a 12.000 token Vittorio Veneto.

I can get 600 from the Italian tokens, camouflages and signals with a 1 in 50 chance I win the Lepanto.

To make the 12.000 tokens I need to try for the Lepanto 18 times,  costing me 27.000 doubloons which is about 90 Euro.

Both ships are in the tech tree.

Suppose I am lucky and get the Lepanto (I need an extra 1500 gold then), but why would I spend 90+ euros to get 2 ships early? Am I missing something here?

• Cool 2

[CRU_]
Players
384 posts
9,871 battles

but why would I spend 90+ euros to get 2 ships early?"

There is your answer

• Cool 14

[NECRO]
Players
3,149 posts
Vor 9 Minuten, RamboCras sagte:

why would I spend 90+ euros to get 2 ships early?

Because there are people with more money than brain or restraint.

WG would probably breed them in labs if they were not around anyway.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 7

Players
518 posts
5,790 battles
9 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Am I missing something here?

I think you're missing a sense of privilege by being allowed to spend money to get these ships before other people.

• Funny 3

[SHAD]
Players
3,787 posts
15,168 battles

Don’t do it!

It’s  hideously poor value, even if you get luck and get a Lepanto you could instead use freeXP in two days.

I spent on this early access having been lucky in the American BB one. I have vowed never to touch these early access bundles again as they are such poor value.

The only early access that was good was the Soviet cruiser one. Buying two premium ships meant you could earn enough tokens to get some very nice camos and the Tier 8 and 9.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,938 posts
20,778 battles

Do not spend money on TECH TREE ships you get for free and just by playing.

Early access is a rip-off scheme.

• Cool 5

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,633 battles
1 hour ago, RamboCras said:

Suppose I am lucky and get the Lepanto (I need an extra 1500 gold then), but why would I spend 90+ euros to get 2 ships early? Am I missing something here?

Well if you have a lot of money, you know like really lot of money, like a sh*t tone of money and you don't know on what to spend it and you really like this game, you know like really fricking love it .... I would still suggest you to waste your money on something else instead of Lepanto or V. Veneto.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,963 posts
18,780 battles

Got lucky just this one time and had Lepanto as the very first offer for 1500 doubs. Was quite tempted initially but still did not buy it, mainly due to time constraints (why buy something early if you can't play it sufficiently) and because I do not support those kind of early release models in general.

• Cool 4

[SVX]
Players
1,383 posts
16,392 battles

the only reason i bought was that i got the 10k tokens in the first bundle. otherwise heck no!

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

If you are using 100 euro bills as a toilet paper, why not. Go for it.

• Cool 1

Players
518 posts
5,790 battles
3 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Do not spend money on TECH TREE ships you get for free and just by playing.

Pfft. Who'd actually want to play the game.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
4 hours ago, RamboCras said:

I did all my mission, now I have 1400 tokens left, next step is a 12.000 token Vittorio Veneto.

I can get 600 from the Italian tokens, camouflages and signals with a 1 in 50 chance I win the Lepanto.

To make the 12.000 tokens I need to try for the Lepanto 18 times,  costing me 27.000 doubloons which is about 90 Euro.

Both ships are in the tech tree.

i guess its opportunity for those  players who have more money than time. as to be honest grind tier 9 bb takes time

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,102 posts
23,341 battles

Don’t spent money. I managed to get up to the Vittorio perm camo and there is no way to bridge that gap towards the actual t8 ship without spending money. I was silently hoping on another weekend mission that would grant us some “ grind silver” for Italian tokens but there was only one. But even with this mission the gap would be still 8 k tokens for me. 

If you see that the first rng box either contains the Lepanto or the 10k tokens you “ might” decide to spend the 1500 doubloons...Otherwise you re gambling were you either lose bad ( you get one of the 2 good prizes rather early) or lose extremely bad ( bad rng, and you have to spend more because younalready lost so much and you continue to waste money)

A full Vittorio costs you 120k xp from the T7 plus maybe 50k xp for the modules and then 12m silver? 10 point captain is 1500 d or 600k silver plus xp xp...You really have to be lucky to have the doubloons wasted on rng crates being “ profitable”... vs the normal grind after full release..

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,102 posts
23,341 battles
4 hours ago, zengaze said:

but why would I spend 90+ euros to get 2 ships early?"

There is your answer

The number of Vittorio’s and Lapento’s I meet in battle seems to indicate that some of our fellow players answer this question differently....

• Cool 1

[SVX]
Players
1,383 posts
16,392 battles
8 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Don’t spent money. I managed to get up to the Vittorio perm camo and there is no way to bridge that gap towards the actual t8 ship without spending money. I was silently hoping on another weekend mission that would grant us some “ grind silver” for Italian tokens but there was only one. But even with this mission the gap would be still 8 k tokens for me. 

If you see that the first rng box either contains the Lepanto or the 10k tokens you “ might” decide to spend the 1500 doubloons...Otherwise you re gambling were you either lose bad ( you get one of the 2 good prizes rather early) or lose extremely bad ( bad rng, and you have to spend more because younalready lost so much and you continue to waste money)

A full Vittorio costs you 120k xp from the T7 plus maybe 50k xp for the modules and then 12m silver? 10 point captain is 1500 d or 600k silver plus xp xp...You really have to be lucky to have the doubloons wasted on rng crates being “ profitable”... vs the normal grind after full release..

yea i got the 10k in the first box so i bought it! that was not enough tough and i finnished evrything and i still where 400 tookens short. so i had to buy another bundle. 3k dubs for a tier 8 is okayish i guees worth it ? probably not!

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
5 hours ago, RamboCras said:

To be entirely fair you could get lucky and get the 10k tokens thingie out of one of those..

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

If you are using 100 euro bills as a toilet paper, why not. Go for it.

Not everything in warships is overpriced but some stuff is so overpriced I wonder who the target audience could be. I have more money than I could spend in a lifetime and even I look at a $70 premium ship or $150 early access to a free ship and am incredibly confused. My hobby is collecting oldtimers and I can't justify some of wargaming's prices, if I won't buy at these prices, who the fvck does?

• Cool 3

Players
2,334 posts
20,591 battles

What's really sad for me is that not only do people happily spend this kind of money to get early access to something they can get for free but they are genuinely proud of it too. 

Whilst I know its not exactly exorbitant amounts of money it does seem  extremely silly to spend that amount just to get the ship a little sooner. 

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,948 posts
15,455 battles
19 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

What's really sad for me is that not only do people happily spend this kind of money to get early access to something they can get for free but they are genuinely proud of it too.

I spent some doubloons, although 'embarrassed' would be rather closer to my feelings on the subject:

• Primary reason was to avoid having to play T4-5 BBs, and early access isn't an entirely inefficient way of doing that.
  • A few permaflages thrown in are a not entirely worthless bonus.

That said, I'm probably not what WG was hoping for, as I don't care that much about anything beyond the T7 that I got from the mission chain (my mid-tier BBs live in Ops, and I have premiums for Coop mission grinding at T8+), so my spend wasn't enough to cover much more than a small glass of vodka...

• Cool 1

Players
2,334 posts
20,591 battles
8 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I spent some doubloons, although 'embarrassed' would be rather closer to my feelings on the subject:

• Primary reason was to avoid having to play T4-5 BBs, and early access isn't an entirely inefficient way of doing that.
  • A few permaflages thrown in are a not entirely worthless bonus.

That said, I'm probably not what WG was hoping for, as I don't care that much about anything beyond the T7 that I got from the mission chain (my mid-tier BBs live in Ops, and I have premiums for Coop mission grinding at T8+), so my spend wasn't enough to cover much more than a small glass of vodka...

Yeh I didn't phrase that in the best possible way, I was thinking more the people who openly brag about buying 25-30 bundles on the first day of the event, because they are so proud they got the high tier ship right away. 

• Cool 2

[H_FAN]
Players
2,812 posts
47,469 battles
6 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

Got lucky just this one time and had Lepanto as the very first offer for 1500 doubs. Was quite tempted initially but still did not buy it, mainly due to time constraints (why buy something early if you can't play it sufficiently) and because I do not support those kind of early release models in general.

Well, I did not get it , and therefor naturally did not buy any bundles, but if the Lepanto would have showed up , fully equipped it is around 20 M credits which translates to some elite xp and a 10 p captain. If you say you have time constraints I would say it is decent value for money if you want the ship anyway. Especially if you are short of ITA captains. But if your stance against WG is too hard well it is nothing else to do but abstain.

Btw the free part of early access I think is rather OK. T4-7 + permacamos for some ships. I think it avoids heavy ITA frenzy BBs in this case and spreads out the introduction a lot.

• Cool 1

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles

Italian BBs part 1, in this event all random was completely removed. Everybody gets T7 ship + T8 permacamo for free, as long as mission chain is done. Anything extra will cost you money, a lot. Some ppl pay, so I don't see any problems.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,963 posts
18,780 battles
17 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Well, I did not get it , and therefor naturally did not buy any bundles, but if the Lepanto would have showed up , fully equipped it is around 20 M credits which translates to some elite xp and a 10 p captain. If you say you have time constraints I would say it is decent value for money if you want the ship anyway. Especially if you are short of ITA captains. But if your stance against WG is too hard well it is nothing else to do but abstain.

Btw the free part of early access I think is rather OK. T4-7 + permacamos for some ships. I think it avoids heavy ITA frenzy BBs in this case and spreads out the introduction a lot.

I am not too hard on WG, using premium time since I started my journey with them in 2010 and occasionally buying tanks, planes or ships for money, gold or doubloons, however I usually only keep T10 non-premium ships in port in WoWs. As such Lepanto would have only been a transitional ship anyway and as I am not short on credits either the tempation to play it like 6 weeks earlier was not too great. Still I am very much opposed to the loot box type pre-release of tech tree lines as has happened the last couple of times.

Nonetheless I agree that the T4-7 ships and permacamos are fine and will hopefully help to lessen the pressure on the MM queue.

Spoiler

image.png.e40f59d9d17215a09239e893208d6dc9.png

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this