You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

Launcher Forcing you to Download the Preload Update before Playing.

49 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,208 posts
9,991 battles

@YabbaCoe

Yo Mate.

Think it would be Possible to Arrange for this kind of thing to Allow you Playing while Updating.

Or maybe at least Allow Playing without the Update and Download it Later the same Day ?

Because I just Started the Launcher. And Yeah. I cant Play without Updating. Even tough that Update wont be there till the Day after Tomorrow.

The Update seems to be 7.5gb large.

Which means its gonna take a while.

I have about 2 Hours till I need to get to Work. And will now likely Spend 1 of these 2 Hours just Downloading the Update which I cant even Play yet and cant really do anything else either cause WGC really drains the Computers Ressources for some Reason.

It would be Really Great if we could either have the Option to Say "Let me Play Now. Download the Update Later"

Because then I could just Play now and Start the Update before I go to Work so its Finished when I come back.

Or the Option to just Play the current Game Version even if the Update is Running in the Background.

Because then I could either let it Download. Or if its too draining. Pause it. And just Resume it when I go to Work. Thus it not Blocking me from Playing and being Finished when I get back from Work.

Would be Nice if this could be Considered.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
4,208 posts
9,991 battles
28 minutes ago, JeanLouisII said:

Theres a option where you can click on "not auto load new update" in the menu...

Thats Nice.

But my Button is still Replaced with a "Download Update" button.

So it doesnt seem like I can Play without first Downloading the Update.

Or is there an Option I can tell it to just let me Play without Downloading the Update ?

Players
1,883 posts
9,530 battles
3 minuti fa, Sunleader ha scritto:

Thats Nice.

But my Button is still Replaced with a "Download Update" button.

So it doesnt seem like I can Play without first Downloading the Update.

Or is there an Option I can tell it to just let me Play without Downloading the Update ?

open WGC

go in upper left

go in "updates" (the gearing, smth like that)

disable "download next updates" its translated something like that, but its a box where you have to tick it or not.

working?

[THESO]
4,208 posts
9,991 battles
5 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

open WGC

go in upper left

go in "updates" (the gearing, smth like that)

disable "download next updates" its translated something like that, but its a box where you have to tick it or not.

working?

Nope. As I said.

Button still says that I have to Download the Update to Play.

Also. Thanks to Trying that. It Reset the Upgrade Progress. So now it will take even longer.

No World of Warships for me Today I guess

[SHAD]
Players
3,787 posts
15,168 battles

Steam does the same thing. As I play in the morning I simply leave my client open overnight so it doesn’t update. Then when at work I can let it update by restarting it.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,286 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, arquata2019 sagte:

but isn't disabling the pre-download the major reason for the "issue" of the TE? One could pre-download the update since Friday (so enough time to do it between "occupied" pc time) and in this case one wouldn't lose time for the download today, only some minutes for the installation of the update...

• Cool 1

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
52 dakika önce, Sunleader dedi:

@YabbaCoe

Yo Mate.

Think it would be Possible to Arrange for this kind of thing to Allow you Playing while Updating.

Or maybe at least Allow Playing without the Update and Download it Later the same Day ?

Because I just Started the Launcher. And Yeah. I cant Play without Updating. Even tough that Update wont be there till the Day after Tomorrow.

I have about 2 Hours till I need to get to Work. And will now likely Spend 1 of these 2 Hours just Downloading the Update which I cant even Play yet and cant really do anything else either cause WGC really drains the Computers Ressources for some Reason.

It would be Really Great if we could either have the Option to Say "Let me Play Now. Download the Update Later"

Because then I could just Play now and Start the Update before I go to Work so its Finished when I come back.

Or the Option to just Play the current Game Version even if the Update is Running in the Background.

Because then I could either let it Download. Or if its too draining. Pause it. And just Resume it when I go to Work. Thus it not Blocking me from Playing and being Finished when I get back from Work.

Once updated, the game is no longer the old game.
 You cannot enter the same war with 2 different games.

[THESO]
4,208 posts
9,991 battles
12 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Steam does the same thing. As I play in the morning I simply leave my client open overnight so it doesn’t update. Then when at work I can let it update by restarting it.

Thats a Funny Workaround. But too late now.

10 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

but isn't disabling the pre-download the major reason for the "issue" of the TE? One could pre-download the update since Friday (so enough time to do it between "occupied" pc time) and in this case one wouldn't lose time for the download today, only some minutes for the installation of the update...

Nope. My Issue is that the WGC doesnt offer the Option to just keep Playing without Preloading. And then do the Preload at a Specified Time while I am away.

Or alternatively. Just Preload. But keep the Client itself untouched. So I can just keep Playing while Downloading. (Or while Pausing the Download)

9 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Just get up 2 hours early, switch on your computer, open the game center and go back to bed...

I Refuse.

It Disrupts my Sleeprythm. And Sorry to be Frank. No Offense Intended. But my Sleeping Times are more Relevant to me than this Game.

5 minutes ago, D4TC4 said:

You cannot enter 2 different games in the same battle.

Except. The Update happens in 2 Days.

So Why Force People to have that New Client Now when they cant even actually use it ?

A Preload usually works by just Downloading the Stuff already. And then keep it in a Folder for the Update Day. So that on Update Day you can massively Cut down the Time to Update by already having most of it on your Computer and also Allow Players to Download stuff over some Night or during Work. So they dont have to Sit there waiting for the Update at Patchday unable to Play.

If you Force People to Download and Install the Update Days before the actual Update. Then you could just as well just Launch the Update on that Day instead.

Otherwise your just Creating an Annoying and Unecessary Additional Installation and Update Process with no Benefits.

[NECRO]
Players
3,149 posts
Gerade eben, Sunleader sagte:

I Refuse.

It Disrupts my Sleeprythm. And Sorry to be Frank. No Offense Intended. But my Sleeping Times are more Relevant to me than this Game.

You are totally right if you do HAVE a sleeprythm. Lucky you! :Smile_honoring:

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
7 dakika önce, Sunleader dedi:

Thats a Funny Workaround. But too late now.

Nope. My Issue is that the WGC doesnt offer the Option to just keep Playing without Preloading. And then do the Preload at a Specified Time while I am away.

Or alternatively. Just Preload. But keep the Client itself untouched. So I can just keep Playing while Downloading. (Or while Pausing the Download)

I Refuse.

Except. The Update happens in 2 Days.

So Why Force People to have that New Client Now when they cant even actually use it ?

A Preload usually works by just Downloading the Stuff already. And then keep it in a Folder for the Update Day. So that on Update Day you can massively Cut down the Time to Update by already having most of it on your Computer and also Allow Players to Download stuff over some Night or during Work. So they dont have to Sit there waiting for the Update at Patchday unable to Play.

If you Force People to Download and Install the Update Days before the actual Update. Then you could just as well just Launch the Update on that Day instead.

Otherwise your just Creating an Annoying and Unecessary Additional Installation and Update Process with no Benefits.

The port may not be a problem at the entrance. But if they enter the game even with 1 missing piece, this may cause the match to be locked.
or not work at all..If it is about taking the files before and backing them up, it would be a big problem. Malicious 
players can sabotage the match with missing or too many add-ons

[DSNF]
Players
44 posts
11,441 battles

Never had this issue. Wgc starts and a download begins... No problem. I just hit the play button... Update pauses and resumes when client is closed. 

Never been stopped playing unless the client actually required it to match versions with the server. 

Please post some screen shots of your client pre loading with no play button as that might help people understand why your Wgc and client work differently to everyone else's. 

• Cool 2

Modder
5,396 posts
24,445 battles
6 minutes ago, D4TC4 said:

The port may not be a problem at the entrance. But if they enter the game even with 1 missing piece (...)

There are not "missing" files right now, becouse we will be playing still old version of a game. Problem is that installation process as it is now, is taking a lot of resources and game could be laggy with installation of a new one running in background.

edit. however version of a game has been already changed

image.thumb.png.9f5e53620a3788b97b4d2c3746bd0a06.png

Players
518 posts
5,790 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

I'ts all those lovely new graphics.

Rehab?

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
Ranking in all games technically enter this sort:
1- new version comes
2-the player who downloads enters the game.
all or part of the new version cannot be given before the update arrives.
the purpose of this is to prevent you from loading and entering the game before the time comes.

Players
6,668 posts

Unticking the boxes does not help, at least not once the download has started. Not sure if it were different if you were to untick the update boxes under the settings the day before...

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
7 dakika önce, Odo_Toothless dedi:

There are not "missing" files right now, becouse we will be playing still old version of a game. Problem is that installation process as it is now, is taking a lot of resources and game could be laggy with installation running in background.

image.thumb.png.9f5e53620a3788b97b4d2c3746bd0a06.png

If a piece is added to the new version ...
 it means a piece is missing in the current version ..

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
So if there are 1200 pieces in the new version ... If there are 1000 pieces in the old version, 200 pieces are missing in your game. 
This is simple math.

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
2 servers are set up, old update and yen update form, but then 2 different updates 
will continue playing on separate servers.

update has been installed .. good luck to you :Smile_smile::Smile_bajan2:

Modder
5,396 posts
24,445 battles
Just now, D4TC4 said:

This is simple math.

Until thursday, technicaly we are still playing old patch. After today installation there are old patch and a new one files, so teoretically you can design this process without such waiting.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

IDK the installation runs on my old rig quite nicely since i have an SSD in it...

Players
6,668 posts
6 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

IDK the installation runs on my old rig quite nicely since i have an SSD in it...

32+megabytes (or was it gigabytes, I always confuse those...), SSD, about 15 mins in all. But if you were planning on one quick battle...

[ALYEN]
Players
2,601 posts
4,358 battles
53 minutes ago, D4TC4 said:

You cannot enter the same war with 2 different games.

Well the download and update don't need to happen at the same time. ALso the update does not need to be applied right after download unless server is already updated.

So it should be OPTIONAL to update before actual server release change while download can happen in the background.

• Cool 1

[-RDE-]
Players
356 posts
28,989 battles

@YabbaCoe

Yo Mate.

you can pre d/l where it just leaves a very small bit to d/l and install this took 5 mins for myself maybe try that :)

just tick it in gc

updates.JPG