Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
arttuperkunas

Ship removals

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
583 posts
5,034 battles

From patchnotes:

 

"X Somers will cease to be available in the Armory. When Update 0.10.5 goes live, VI Erich Loewenhardt, VII Nelson, VI T-61, VII Haida, VII Z-39, VIII Asashio, VIII Lenin, and VI Admiral Graf Spee. The ships are being removed from the game due to a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency. In order to maintain the proper level of diversity in teams in terms of ship composition, these ships will cease to be available for an indefinite period of time, but may return in future."

 

Is Loewenhardt strong? It certainly doesn't seem to be popular. Or the Nelson for that matter?

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MBHH]
Players
775 posts

I guess Loewenhardt will be the next black carrier.

Nelson is very popular and it is reasonable due to the XP inflation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
8,160 posts
41,990 battles
Just now, Trench4nt said:

I guess Loewenhardt will be the next black carrier.

Thinking it'll be Indomitable but who knows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,602 posts
9 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Thinking it'll be Indomitable but who knows...

 

WeeGee knows! :Smile_glasses:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,050 posts
11,932 battles

All soon to be in Santa's crates.

 

  • Cool 6
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MBHH]
Players
775 posts
Vor 15 Minuten, MacArthur92 sagte:

Thinking it'll be Indomitable but who knows...

 

Yes, that one might also be possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,194 posts
12,822 battles
32 minutes ago, arttuperkunas said:

From patchnotes:

 

"X Somers will cease to be available in the Armory. When Update 0.10.5 goes live, VI Erich Loewenhardt, VII Nelson, VI T-61, VII Haida, VII Z-39, VIII Asashio, VIII Lenin, and VI Admiral Graf Spee. The ships are being removed from the game due to a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency. In order to maintain the proper level of diversity in teams in terms of ship composition, these ships will cease to be available for an indefinite period of time, but may return in future."

 

Is Loewenhardt strong? It certainly doesn't seem to be popular. Or the Nelson for that matter?

 

 

Of all the ships listed I could only get the reasoning regarding the T-61 and Asashio, both very strong for their tier. The rest seems more like a desperate attempt at selling some extra before they take them away.

 

I can definitely recommend both T-61 and Asashio if someone is playing DDs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,602 posts
3 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Removing Graf Spee due to "popularity" is a joke. They handed her out for free to everybody who played a bit during the Odin dockyard event.

 

They've noticed how since then everyone has been playing it and nothing else, seriously hurting WeeGee's premium ship sales potential.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
7 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Removing Graf Spee due to "popularity" is a joke. They handed her out for free to everybody who played a bit during the Odin dockyard event.

Yes, it's a very very powerful T6 premium and there's quite a lot of them in play now because they handed them out for free. Where's the joke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
2 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Yes, it's a very very powerful T6 premium and there's quite a lot of them in play now because they handed them out for free. Where's the joke?

They made it artificially popular. Now they are unhappy with the fact?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
Just now, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

They made it artificially popular. Now they are unhappy with the fact?

Premiums get removed if they are good and too popular (usually both) - the reason why is irrelevant. In this case yes, it became very popular very quickly because they handed out a very good T6 for free so many people play it. If anything, this makes wargaming look good, they gave away a very good premium for free, this is generous. They followed up by removing it, this is consistent. I don't see what's weird or a joke.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,915 posts
21,084 battles

Its just marketing BS. Were feeding a Massive Marketing Online 'game' (MMO).

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SVX]
Players
1,380 posts
16,311 battles
3 hours ago, arttuperkunas said:

From patchnotes:

 

"X Somers will cease to be available in the Armory. When Update 0.10.5 goes live, VI Erich Loewenhardt, VII Nelson, VI T-61, VII Haida, VII Z-39, VIII Asashio, VIII Lenin, and VI Admiral Graf Spee. The ships are being removed from the game due to a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency. In order to maintain the proper level of diversity in teams in terms of ship composition, these ships will cease to be available for an indefinite period of time, but may return in future."

 

Is Loewenhardt strong? It certainly doesn't seem to be popular. Or the Nelson for that matter?

 

 

i have clan mate who laughs evrytime he play it cause he think it absolute broken! 

i mean it has the higest winrate with quite the margin, and the higest damge out of all tier 6 cvs! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,653 posts
19,105 battles
11 minutes ago, albin322 said:

i have clan mate who laughs evrytime he play it cause he think it absolute broken! 

Lowenhardt does horrible things to cruisers. Catch a cruiser broadside with those rocket planes and you can take 50% of its health. And the HE bombers will break every module on a Destroyer without actually landing a hit. Well played, it's very strong.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OHGOD]
Players
2 posts
586 battles

So as a relatively new player, I kinda don't follow the wording on this one. Does "The ships are being removed from the game" mean that they are just being removed from sale? Or removed out right, even for people that already own them? Thanks for any help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SVX]
Players
1,380 posts
16,311 battles
1 minute ago, Mullac087 said:

So as a relatively new player, I kinda don't follow the wording on this one. Does "The ships are being removed from the game" mean that they are just being removed from sale? Or removed out right, even for people that already own them? Thanks for any help! 

just from sale you buy it you keept it. note that not all these are op some are just played so much they are being removed beacuse of the amount of them in games! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OHGOD]
Players
2 posts
586 battles
Just now, albin322 said:

just from sale you buy it you keept it. note that not all these are op some are just played so much they are being removed beacuse of the amount of them in games! 

Thanks for the very swift reply! I thought that maybe the case. Seemed a bit rude just to remove them out right!

 

I gathered that they not all be OP, but you do see these ships an awful lot. Which kinda stagnates the game a tad.

 

Cheers again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,811 posts
47,350 battles
22 minutes ago, Mullac087 said:

Thanks for the very swift reply! I thought that maybe the case. Seemed a bit rude just to remove them out right!

 

I gathered that they not all be OP, but you do see these ships an awful lot. Which kinda stagnates the game a tad.

 

Cheers again!

That is why WG can get so much money from Christmas crates as there are several ships that are either withdrawn or expensive that you can get in those - however they are more or less impossible to get if you do not have every other ship that can be drawn - but nevertheless it is that remote chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
4 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Premiums get removed if they are good and too popular (usually both) - the reason why is irrelevant. In this case yes, it became very popular very quickly because they handed out a very good T6 for free so many people play it. If anything, this makes wargaming look good, they gave away a very good premium for free, this is generous. They followed up by removing it, this is consistent. I don't see what's weird or a joke.

If that would be the case... then Spee would be yeeted years ago, as she was given out for free during 2016 Christmas missions:cap_tea:

 

1 hour ago, Mullac087 said:

Thanks for the very swift reply! I thought that maybe the case. Seemed a bit rude just to remove them out right!

 

I gathered that they not all be OP, but you do see these ships an awful lot. Which kinda stagnates the game a tad.

 

Cheers again!

WG removes ships from sales and hopes population of existing owners dies down. No overperforming ships in the queue -> balans achieved:cap_tea:

Doesn't help you much when you actually bump into OG Belfast, Enterprise or Musashi though.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SINT]
Players
1,095 posts
23,282 battles
4 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

They've noticed how since then everyone has been playing it and nothing else, seriously hurting WeeGee's premium ship sales potential.

Temporary remove it from sales so that it can be reduced to coal/ FXP ship without the moans of the poor few players that bought it for cash a few months before. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
5 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Temporary remove it from sales so that it can be reduced to coal/ FXP ship without the moans of the poor few players that bought it for cash a few months before. 

Instructions unclear, Błyskawica, Anshan, DoY, Marblehead are available both for coal and cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MUMMY]
Players
676 posts
10,481 battles
6 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Premiums get removed if they are good and too popular (usually both) - the reason why is irrelevant. In this case yes, it became very popular very quickly because they handed out a very good T6 for free so many people play it. If anything, this makes wargaming look good, they gave away a very good premium for free, this is generous. They followed up by removing it, this is consistent. I don't see what's weird or a joke.

 

I do wonder why they have not removed Gorizia yet?  "Decent ship not a port filler" - Sub Octavian December 2019 :cap_yes:

 

I mean, Christmas / December 2019 we had Sub_Octavian telling us that WeeGee was not pee'ing in our pockets and trying to convince us it was raining.

In fact I and everyone else was confused as it was not the Puerto Rico that was the main ship to get that Christmas but the Gorizia, we even had an apology from the dude / WarGaming.

 

This was after of course WarGaming staff called us (I paraphrase) ingrates because the Gorizia missions were actually easier than the Prinz Eittel Fredrick released the year prior. 

Which was proven to be an outright lie here.

 

Thus I disagree with you; I think that the reason for removal is very relevant as (prices in GBP as I am in the UK):

 

image.thumb.png.58ccc3490d414e5722f0b78875f83cb3.png

 

Somers - Steel

Loewenhardt - £17.73

Nelson - Super low amount of FXP

T61 - £16.04

Haida - £16.60

Z-39 - £17.45

Asashio - £27.02

Lenin - £31.80

Graf Spee - £14.07

 

2/9 ships are available for resources (arguably could use doubloons to gain FXP to get Nelson)

7/9 ships are available to buy, but dont worry guy - you have 3 months to buy them.

 

Over 75% of the ships being removed are available for cash, but WG are being nice and giving you a 3 months heads up that they will be removed. 

Wargaming is ringing the bell to get peoples attention before its too late; its milking time!  :cap_horn:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×