You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EnacheV

Best ship to farm free XP

42 comments in this topic

Players
123 posts
1,280 battles

From all the ships i wanted Nelson but it seems its getting removed in 10.5

What is the best ship to farm free XP in co-op ? best ship to farm free XP in standard battles.

I guess its highest tier possible so co-op as im just learning how to aim lol

Players
1,882 posts
9,489 battles
Proprio ora, EnacheV ha scritto:

What is the best ship to farm free XP in co-op ? best ship to farm free XP in standard battles.

nelson isnt actually OP (armor scheme i mean)

well, you can always use flags + camos on narai and have fun (i use flint on narai, btw)

Players
123 posts
1,280 battles
1 minute ago, arquata2019 said:

nelson isnt actually OP (armor scheme i mean)

well, you can always use flags + camos on narai and have fun (i use flint on narai, btw)

i dont want it because its OP but for the looks and class history, and because its accessible in price

to get best free xp amounts its better to use a premium ship ? do they have a bonus for free xp too ?

• Cool 1

Players
25 posts

Tirpitz has a camo with an additional free xp modifier, as does Anshan. Your best bet IMO would be to stack as much camo and XP flags on a ship you feel comfortable playing

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,858 posts
7,471 battles

Any ship T8-10 which you like and make high XP games 

EDIT: never mind - Coop is generally not good for XP farming. Probably even operations are better 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
8,169 posts
42,043 battles
10 minutes ago, EnacheV said:

Source?

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,664 posts
19,119 battles

Operations like Narai are a good way of farming Free XP - find a Tier VII ship you like and fly as many flags as possible. Any BB or Cruiser will work, but generally BBs with torpedoes (Scharn/Gneis), BBs with lots of guns (Lyon) and fast-firing light cruisers (Fiji, Atlanta) are best. 

CVs in Operations are also quite good for a low-stress way of earning FXP. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,882 posts
9,489 battles
2 minuti fa, MacArthur92 ha scritto:

Source?

10 minuti fa, EnacheV ha scritto:

to get best free xp amounts its better to use a premium ship ? do they have a bonus for free xp too ?

i dont think so, i dont actually think at all they have one

Players
512 posts
5,790 battles

Best way is get some FXP signals, get a premium account or a day of it, get whatever ship you're best at (ideally premium) and farm that .

image.png.81ee111e4a9d9932d1532659eec41698.png

Players
1,322 posts
Vor 29 Minuten, EnacheV sagte:

If you dont want to waste any camo or Signal:

Anshan - because she is the only premium that comes with a +100% FreeXP boost on the camo.

[THESO]
Players
8,169 posts
42,043 battles
29 minutes ago, EnacheV said:

Its way esier to get free exp these days. Update 0.10.5 will be in 3 months from now so in June. Means that you'll have a lot of time to do it. Even if you won't try that hard just play T9-10 with good free exp camo and flags (as I see you play 150-190 battles a month) you can have those 375k free exp in 2 months.

[THESO]
Players
8,169 posts
42,043 battles
2 minutes ago, CastorTolagi said:

If you dont want to waste any camo or Signal:

Anshan - because she is the only premium that comes with a +100% FreeXP boost on the camo.

That would be a brutal way of totures to get 375k free exp only on Anshan....

Players
2,149 posts
13,034 battles

Co-op is only good for quick mission completion, like x amount of shell/torp hits or x amount of kills. For anything that is eco farming (XP, FXP, Credits, …) T9 is the sweet spot. Shooting higher tier ships net you more income in general, but T8 uptiered against TX can suck. T9 does pretty well against TX though. Also premium ships are your best bet, Friesland, Alaska, Jean Bart, Georgia are all good for farming. Out of them is Friesland the best, from my own experience, because you get to shred very often enemy DDs. Other than that, stack as many signals with bonuses as possible and of course a proper camo. The premium camo that comes with premium ships are often inferior for farming.

The lower the tier the less base XP you get. Base XP is the base for everything else, so you want to stay away from anything below T8 for farming.

• Cool 2

Players
69 posts
1,456 battles

Warspite with XP flag in scenario or random.

good heal and hard hitting guns combine with tight turning circle.

genuinely fun and allows you to stay in the fight longer to milk more free XP 

• Cool 1

Players
123 posts
1,280 battles

Thanks for all the answers, many ideas to pick from

Im curious how much 330k free xp is in gold, at 25 free xp / gold thats 13200 gold for a tier 7 ship , thats way above average price for a tier 7 i think

are there any events when free xp / gold is higher , special offers, etc ? whats the max free xp / gold conversion

Players
600 posts
5,053 battles

Very high tier boat that you are very good in. Same for farming commander XP. Base XP seems to scale more or less linearly with tier; at least I've found getting 2k base XP games far, far easier on the Yamato than anything at tier 5-6, even when I have a great game at mid tier.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
19 minutes ago, EnacheV said:

Thanks for all the answers, many ideas to pick from

Im curious how much 330k free xp is in gold, at 25 free xp / gold thats 13200 gold for a tier 7 ship

You shouldn't count like that, getting 375K free xp ingame is not that hard if you know how to do it. So like, you could buy alaska for $50/10.000 gold or you could theoretically buy 1 million free xp for 40.000 gold to get alaska.

Calculating free xp in terms of what it's worth in doubloons isn't the right way to look at it, the right way to look at free xp is you have a choice : You can either spend it to skip crappy ships, skip stock grind, skip entire lines if you insist. Or you can save it for a pretty long time and reward yourself with a premium.

And -credit where credit is due- some of the best premiums so far have been free xp and coal "freemiums" - Weegee isn't selling the best stuff for euros and the crap for free xp and coal. I recommend always holding on to free xp until weegee releases a cool $50 boat you can get for free, it happens. Also because skipping ships and skipping lines is generally bad for your progress as a player, you can't properly fight a ship if you don't know anything about how it plays.

[RODS]
Players
1,813 posts
7,821 battles
1 hour ago, EnacheV said:

Boise on Narai mission ?

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
534 posts
6,955 battles

As some already said:

- Coop no gucci for XP

- Randoms with ships you perform well often

- Just play coordinated Narai in a cruiser and go for transports with all bonus flags

[ENUF_]
Players
647 posts
23,818 battles
5 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Even if you won't try that hard just play T9-10 with good free exp camo and flags (as I see you play 150-190 battles a month) you can have those 375k free exp in 2 months.

He doesn't even have a T8 ship.

5 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

T9 does pretty well against TX though. Also premium ships are your best bet, Friesland, Alaska, Jean Bart, Georgia are all good for farming. Out of them is Friesland the best, from my own experience, because you get to shred very often enemy DDs.

You can't get Alaska, Jean Bart and Georgia. Friesland costs 1 million free XP, so getting this to farm 330k free XP doesn't make any sense.

@EnacheVLooking at your current ships, i would play operations. For T7 you have only one ship, so that's pretty obvious. For T6 Prinz Eitel Friedrich and Fuso are pretty good options.

• Cool 2

Players
669 posts
Vor 7 Stunden, EnacheV sagte:

Tirpirz+ New %100 more Free Xp premium camo for 3000 dubloons+ ECSL+ Papa papa 

Players
123 posts
1,280 battles
1 hour ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

He doesn't even have a T8 ship.

You can't get Alaska, Jean Bart and Georgia. Friesland costs 1 million free XP, so getting this to farm 330k free XP doesn't make any sense.

@EnacheVLooking at your current ships, i would play operations. For T7 you have only one ship, so that's pretty obvious. For T6 Prinz Eitel Friedrich and Fuso are pretty good options.

thanks

right now im leveling Fuso , Queen Elizabeth and the tier 6 german cruiser in operation, i hope to have a few more tier 7 ships when Narai comes in op of the week

That week i will play only Narai :D

p.s. i dont plan to play randoms above tier 5 soon so operations it is. i played world of tanks for 10 years and i know how things are in WG games

gonna take my time with this game

[BOATY]
Players
1,051 posts
15,540 battles

FXP is calculated based on xp in general so the higher this amount the better. Where premiums become an issue in this is they tend to come with a decent credit xp camo but no fxp. So in theory a regular line ship with full flags and good camo could make more fxp then a premium. With that said the best ship to farm fxp on is whatever ship you play well in. No im serious. Your performance will dictate your fxp generation greater then any ship.