Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hultstrom

Whats up with ranked?

8 comments in this topic

[MOF]
Beta Tester
5 posts
7,600 battles

I got to ask but I always end up in a team that MELTS... Ive lost like every single game I have played tonight. Last season of ranked was awesome and i came pretty far. This time it is unplayable. People pull the dumbest crap ever, AFK players etc etc...

[SURFA]
Players
122 posts
7,391 battles

What league are you in.  I am bronze and to be honest I am just playing till get my 9 wins for the steel.

for me isn’t worth the pain of trying to rank out and then qualify.

some teams are great others,  make even me groan at how bad it is.

ranked for a lot of people is just there chance to grab some steel and that is it.   I don’t AFK and do play to win, don’t worry about saving the star as not going to try and rank out so no point worrying about what rank at.

don’t know what silver or gold is like but seems to be complaints in those leagues as well.

if WG gave me the opportunity of basically we give you the 9 wins steel but you don’t play ranked would happily take it and just not bother with ranked,   It is frustrating as hell wandering what sort of team will be part of.

[NECRO]
Players
3,091 posts
Vor 7 Stunden, hultstrom sagte:

I got to ask but I always end up in a team that MELTS... Ive lost like every single game I have played tonight. Last season of ranked was awesome and i came pretty far. This time it is unplayable. People pull the dumbest crap ever, AFK players etc etc...

The best time appear to be the first 2 hours in the morning. I won 7/7 games on my main account. I played on some minor accounts up to rank 5 during the day, and I got the most horrible teams between 11AM and 16PM. In the evening, it became bearable again, but still a far cry from my early morning experience.

Important note: Do not play a BB. BB players are the most unreliable, incompetent or unwilling subjects, and they are queuing up like schoolboys in front of the Playboy Mansion. Play a DD or a cruiser, ignore your BBs huddling valiantly behind the most remote rock, and try to get something done. I had the hardest games on those rare occasions where I used a BB, because I was the only BB actually fighting. When BBs in the opposing teams are equally useless, it comes down to the 2 or 3 players per team who are actively playing (for the win).

[LUZ1]
Players
1,386 posts
14,475 battles
1 hour ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

The best time appear to be the first 2 hours in the morning. I won 7/7 games on my main account. I played on some minor accounts up to rank 5 during the day, and I got the most horrible teams between 11AM and 16PM. In the evening, it became bearable again, but still a far cry from my early morning experience.

Important note: Do not play a BB. BB players are the most unreliable, incompetent or unwilling subjects, and they are queuing up like schoolboys in front of the Playboy Mansion. Play a DD or a cruiser, ignore your BBs huddling valiantly behind the most remote rock, and try to get something done. I had the hardest games on those rare occasions where I used a BB, because I was the only BB actually fighting. When BBs in the opposing teams are equally useless, it comes down to the 2 or 3 players per team who are actively playing (for the win).

You could also argue: play a BB properly and you can have a positive impact on the game.

OP: as you seem to be a BB main: what is your play style? If it is sniping from the back, you will not have a large positive impact, which could be part of the problem.

[NECRO]
Players
3,091 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, Camperdown sagte:

You could also argue: play a BB properly and you can have a positive impact on the game.

The problem here is that your options are more limited. You will be just one of 4-5 BB and cannot really react fast and unseen. In addition, you will be either pushing alone or find yourself hugged by your fellow lemming BBs, so spreading out your BB fleet or moving alone and undetected will become nigh impossible. You can do much more and better if you play a DD or cruiser and detach yourself from the BB flock. You will also have close to 0 queuing time.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

warships has always been a snowball game, most of the time the team that takes a hit early gets rekt. Ranked is 7v7 so this phenomenon should be even greater, because a loss early is 1/7th of your team gone, not 1/12th

Sign in to follow this