You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GBDarkAngel

Ever wondered how those awesome players Citadel you?

79 comments in this topic

Players
52 posts

We have all been there. Hit on the citadel from what appears to be all angles and positions.

Wonder no more. 

The answer is here.

They are all just awesome players. Yes. Fantastic, brilliant, the best.

Well...Actually no..They are not.

It turns out they are using a cracking little exploit.

Few disclosures before i continue.

1. This is not my real account. 

2. I or any of my friends did not use any exploits on this or our main accounts. We used a dead account another friend had.

3. This is hopefully the first of many exploits and hacks that i aim to expose over the next few months. 

First up it turns out most of the so called hacks are not actually hacks but exploits due to some incredibly amateur hour programming. (Not my words but those of a game developer we enlisted to help).

So i give you the Citadel Aimer.  (I couldn't think of a cooler name to be honest. I might think about it and come back and change it.)

This exploit was given to a friend via a member of a Top 20 clan who is very disillusioned by the game and the direction its going in.

We do not know if this clan use this, we did not ask as we only want to see if hacks etc really do exist in this particular game.

So what does it do?

It moves your centre retical below the aiming line  (as you can see in the picture.)

You still have to aim and hit the ship but this lets complete noobs like me who couldnt hit a cow on the backside with a stick stand a far better chance of getting a citadel from all weird and wonderful angles (especially when you are instructed how to use it properly)

Does it work? Yes it does. The first time i used it I bladdered a Des Moine from 23km away with my spotter plane up using a Cameltoe (school boy humour name for Yamato, please use it. )

Des Moine gets spotted by our CV, he is going flat out, I take aim using the knowledge i have been given and BLAT, BLAT, BLAT. 1 dead DM later and i am a believer.

I have shown a screen shot below of the Retical in comparison to where it is normally is.

I guess as far as hacks and exploits go this is probably at the lower end of them.

What i did find though is that this is Godly with Deadeye on a BB.

More pictures and hopefully videos to follow soon.

cheat1.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 2

Players
7,308 posts
11,668 battles

a) you need to understand, what a hack is, because you got it wrong.

b) if it makes you feel better, coming up with excuses and spending a lot of time on those theories, instead of actually getting better, so that you wouldnt need to come up with excuses when you keep getting blabbed... but yea, be my guest, if you want to think everyone around you cheats :D

• Cool 9

Players
52 posts
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

a) you need to understand, what a hack is, because you got it wrong.

b) if it makes you feel better, coming up with excuses and spending a lot of time on those theories, instead of actually getting better, so that you wouldnt need to come up with excuses when you keep getting blabbed... but yea, be my guest, if you want to think everyone around you cheats :D

I have a 67% win rate on my most used ships. I doubt i will get any better as i dont have the time to invest.

Also at no point did i complain about players killing me. 

• Boring 1

Players
105 posts
167 battles

He is talking about exploit not hack. There is a difference. I wonder what proof he will show for it existing and obviously the best way to treat an exploit is to make it public as to force WG to act on it instead of acting all secret on it. So 

OP you have one job. Tell us how it works so WG is forced to fix it or gtfo with this bait

• Cool 8

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,237 posts
26,684 battles

shhh.... can u hear the sound of skybuckflying?!

anyways: u find something? send it to support or tag a weegee'ee.... if u wanna proove something do it. gif sequence or anything..... until then it's just gossip and rng from what i did read.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[TF]
Players
121 posts
2,064 battles

So basically it is a mod to force the aim lower than where we naturally want to aim, to reach underwater citadel more frequently ? Can't I, like, just aim lower ? How is it an exploit ? does it fk with the standard auto-aiming mechanism ?

• Cool 5

[NECRO]
Players
3,082 posts

Tbh I get more often one-shotted in WT than in WoWs.

2 possible reasons:

- There are more cheats (like aimbots) and cheaters in WT than in WoWs

- There are worse players in WoWs than in WT

I guess it's a combination of both reasons.

Players
7,308 posts
11,668 battles
6 minutes ago, Asashio_Kai_Nii said:

I wonder what proof he will show for it existing and obviously the best way to treat an exploit is to make it public as to force WG to act on it instead of acting all secret on it.

Its actually known for a few months now, might be @Johnny_Moneto who found it out, atleast he made a video about it explaining it. Its not that great really. It helps with the horizontal aiming. something, nobody should have a problem with, when looking at a ship (seems like its a big deal for OP tho). The only time, I found it to be of some help, was, when shooting over islands long range - I tested it in coop once, after I saw the video. Overall verdict: way too hard to execute, distracts you from playing the game, so you will made mistakes and the usefullness is completly situational. Why something like this is in the game tho, is beyond me and WG would need to explain, why.

6 minutes ago, meuhbat said:

does it fk with the standard auto-aiming mechanism ?

nope.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,144 posts
14,046 battles
35 minutes ago, Asashio_Kai_Nii said:

He is talking about exploit not hack. There is a difference. I wonder what proof he will show for it existing and obviously the best way to treat an exploit is to make it public as to force WG to act on it instead of acting all secret on it. So 

OP you have one job. Tell us how it works so WG is forced to fix it or gtfo with this bait

It is probably an exploit using the data the mini map receives from the game server.
The mini map have all the information available and necessary to enable such an exploit.
As long as the mini map is in the game this exploit will exist.

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,134 posts
15,552 battles

I believe that I am an idiot. Seeing as this is the case, I don't understand the point of this... exploit? Someone please explain it to me. 

And that picture isn't exactly ''proof''. Anyone can do that by holding down RMB and looking up. 

• Cool 1

[-DGH-]
[-DGH-]
Players
393 posts
3,437 battles

Does this exploit also modify guns to be at railgun speed, remove dispersion and auto-bounce if angled? If yes, I would give it a try. Otherwise it is useless.

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
13,875 battles
1 hour ago, MrWastee said:

shhh.... can u hear the sound of skybuckflying?!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[RODS]
Players
1,807 posts
7,821 battles
1 hour ago, GBDarkAngel said:

We have all been there. Hit on the citadel from what appears to be all angles and positions.

Wonder no more. 

The answer is here

Etc....

What if the ship u fire at changes heading or speed ?

[CAIN]
Players
4,937 posts
20,778 battles

Soo, either OP is using an alt account to advertise a little mod he made, or he is using said account to ramble about something he assumes is a thing in in this game.

No video and only a screen shot in a wall of text where OP contradicts himself 

I'd prefer, that OP posts from his real "noob, yet unicum" account and shows a vid or any more tangible evidence.

Eh.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts

I would like to buy an exploit that stops my salvos randomly falling short of target, where can I get one?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4

Players
3,161 posts
22,803 battles

Dude who needs such an exploit to citadel anyone in this game? I just watched Flamu in his Florida on the EU server and every single guy he shot during the complete whole entire game was giving full broadside to him.

That said, I hope you don't think your screenshots of nothing constitute any kind of proof. So thanks for the laugh.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,087 posts
10,289 battles
1 hour ago, GBDarkAngel said:

Wonder no more. 

The answer is here.

They are all just awesome players. Yes. Fantastic, brilliant, the best.

Well...Actually no..They are not. 

It turns out they are using a cracking little exploit.

Or you know...the far more likely thing....they just were good players.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
2 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Dude who needs such an exploit to citadel anyone in this game? I just watched Flamu in his Florida on the EU server and every single guy he shot during the complete whole entire game was giving full broadside to him.

Yep, take any fast shelled BB stay cca 17 km away from expected enemy route at either half flank or half mid and just wait for the lemmingtrain...

[SERBS]
Players
568 posts
17,558 battles

yes its a nice exploit that works on medium ranges too... especially after captain rework many cruisers dont spec for -you are targeted warning-, carry on..

[SH33P]
Players
7 posts
6,970 battles

Am I... missing something? I really don't get the point. Wows isn't the easiest game to master, but aiming? It's probably the easiest aspect of getting good at the game. Aiming well isn't hard, you just need some practice and the rest is RNG. 

An actual cheat or exploit or something would give stuff like more pen, overmatch or better dispersion. 

I often see people in game chat mention stuff like aimbots and the likes. Is the playerbase really so bad that they think you need a cheat to be decent at basic game mechanics? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1