Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
D4TC4

reward / punishment from last to 1st

13 comments in this topic

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
How about if a reward such as 1st xp or credit is given to the person who finished the game last ... 
so that the number of reckless people who enter and leave the game will decrease or they care not to be the last 
when playing the game..
Maybe this can be applied by increasing and decreasing in the first 3 and the last 3.

Players
1,167 posts
5,793 battles
1 minute ago, D4TC4 said:

How about if a reward such as 1st xp or credit is given to the person who finished the game last ... 
so that the number of reckless people who enter and leave the game will decrease or they care not to be the last 
when playing the game..
Maybe this can be applied by increasing and decreasing in the first 3 and the last 3.

English please? You do realize the best player on any team will always profit more in terms of credit and xp than the rest? 

There is no need for extra rewards. If anything at all, capping xp and xp for spotting damage should be reevaluated.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
1 minute ago, D4TC4 said:

when playing the game..

How about no? You can be last with 200 base xp while the board leader has 3k base xp or you can be last with 900 base xp while the board first has 1200 its hardly fair to punish the latter now is it...

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
the goal is not to reward the 1 st. 
to reduce those who quit the game with a penalty even at least
and Knowing that reckless players get a small amount of penalties
can prevent others from getting angry.

(sorry my english is not good)

Players
1,167 posts
5,793 battles
5 minutes ago, D4TC4 said:

the goal is not to reward the 1 st. 
to reduce those who quit the game with a penalty even at least
and Knowing that reckless players get a small amount of penalties
can prevent others from getting angry.

This is a casual game. Punishing players for what others consider bad play will reduce the player base -> will reduce revenue -> will kill the game. Economics 101. 

If you want competitive play, play clan battles. At least then you can yell at potatoes. In randoms the old adage applies: Carry harder. 

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
then are we just praying that every match 3 afk players will be on the opposing team?

[TF]
Players
126 posts
2,093 battles

More reward for staying alive last ? Don't you think the sniping camp-fest is already bad enough ? How does that promote team play and smart risk taking ? That would be 100% selfish.

• Cool 1

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
I just hate the players who apparently ignore the game and leave

[R3B3L]
Players
1,433 posts
32,719 battles
20 minutes ago, D4TC4 said:

I just hate the players who apparently ignore the game and leave

I think you mean people who are afk or leave the game before they get sunk? Yes, they are a pain in the rear but we can never know what led to the player not playing.

But we can not know for sure why someone is playing strange or not playing at all. Just a few examples from my experience:

- In December there was a hefty earthquake in Croatia and my clan-mate left his computer to get to cover (during a game).

- Some regions with flimsy overland-wiring lose internet-connection when there is bad weather.

- Some have medical issues and play as long as they can - until they may suddenly need a break.

- I used to play with a guy from a Scottish island, his only way to access the web was via some wireless or satellite connection. His ping was almost a second - in best conditions.

You can´t punish people (even more) for that.

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
13 dakika önce, VIadoCro dedi:

I think you mean people who are afk or leave the game before they get sunk? Yes, they are a pain in the rear but we can never know what led to the player not playing.

But we can not know for sure why someone is playing strange or not playing at all. Just a few examples from my experience:

- In December there was a hefty earthquake in Croatia and my clan-mate left his computer to get to cover (during a game).

- Some regions with flimsy overland-wiring lose internet-connection when there is bad weather.

- Some have medical issues and play as long as they can - until they may suddenly need a break.

- I used to play with a guy from a Scottish island, his only way to access the web was via some wireless or satellite connection. His ping was almost a second - in best conditions.

You can´t punish people (even more) for that.

Am I trying to get into the game with the toaster or  kettle?
Or is it a necessity for a dying person to enter this game urgently?
They should play games according to their hardware capabilities.
This is to respect other players

Players
1,167 posts
5,793 battles
7 minutes ago, D4TC4 said:

Am I trying to get into the game with the toaster or  kettle?
Or is it a necessity for a dying person to enter this game urgently?
They should play games according to their hardware capabilities.
This is to respect other players

Yeah, this is your opinion, but again: anyone can play the game as they see fit and constant afk will be punished. You are not the judge however, how about you just try to enjoy the game? 

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
2 dakika önce, dCK_Ad_Hominem dedi:

Yeah, this is your opinion, but again: anyone can play the game as they see fit and constant afk will be punished. You are not the judge however, how about you just try to enjoy the game

This is exactly the purpose of my suggestion

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

I would agree with this if the XP board at the end was a proper indication of who did good. It is not.
According to the board at the end, thunderer sitting 27km away spamming single fires was the best, he did most damage.

90% of his damage got repaired and he may as well been AFK, but he's still the best.

Meanwhile a torpedo cruiser making a play smacking into an island to stop a push gets nothing, he actually helped win the game.

DD with 250K spotting damage who stopped your base from being capped gets nothing, he actually won the game.

Sign in to follow this