Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FleetAdmAngelus

Replay access

4 comments in this topic

Question

Beta Tester
2 posts

Hi All,

I've really started watching my replays to get a better understanding of what I did in a game, or should I say i've tried. Initially I was able to go to the replays folder, double click the file and WOWs would load up (the replay files are associated with the WOWs exe) and I could watch the battle back, recently though whenever I double click a replay file all that happens is the bloatware launcher loads up. So i tried dragging and  dropping the replay file onto the WOWs exe (not the launcher) and the same thing happens just the launcher loaded.

yes I've made sure the game isnt running before I try the replay files.

Can anyone advise on a reliable way to view replays.

3 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
30,923 posts
15,691 battles

Make sure you are logged into the launcher.

Then double-klick works.

WG Staff
2,492 posts
926 battles
On 3/14/2021 at 8:42 AM, FleetAdmAngelus said:

Hi All,

I've really started watching my replays to get a better understanding of what I did in a game, or should I say i've tried. Initially I was able to go to the replays folder, double click the file and WOWs would load up (the replay files are associated with the WOWs exe) and I could watch the battle back, recently though whenever I double click a replay file all that happens is the bloatware launcher loads up. So i tried dragging and  dropping the replay file onto the WOWs exe (not the launcher) and the same thing happens just the launcher loaded.

yes I've made sure the game isnt running before I try the replay files.

Can anyone advise on a reliable way to view replays.

Hi Captain, 
By default, replays get open with the newest version of the client. Replays from older versions of the game are no longer compatible with new updates. Therefore, when launched, they crash. Your issue could be related to this.

WoWs, though, has two versions of the client installed at the same time. Update 0.10.2 was just released, which means that you can still open a  replay from the 0.10.1 version when dropped on the WoWs.exe you can find inside the 0.10.1 folder, which is located here.

C:\Games\World_of_Warships_EU\bin\3471783\bin64😊

Sign in to follow this