You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DB2212

Double CV games

25 comments in this topic

[TAYTO]
Players
879 posts
9,649 battles

Give them a server for CVs only, they can lick each other's windows and not [edited]up everyone else's game

• Cool 9
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
677 posts
26,828 battles

12 CVs vs 12 CVs..... So much fun for them. Planes everywhere, and they improve their dodging skills 🤣

• Cool 7
  • Funny 6

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,728 posts
11,815 battles
2 hours ago, SnuSnu_RIP said:

12 CVs vs 12 CVs..... So much fun for them. Planes everywhere, and they improve their dodging skills 🤣

That would be an excellent Powerpoint presentation!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
518 posts
5,790 battles

yeah you don't know what you're complaining about. Back in the day we used to get 3 CV matches. 

Also you still get these random matches, even now:

image.thumb.png.2d6292fd67255363caa8ee659240cab9.png

[_I_]
Players
1,045 posts
20,859 battles
24 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

It can be quite fun to kill both Red CV's in less than four mins in an 899 though 

38i4wW6.thumb.jpg.fdb158e54d8ec59bb00374683fd9613e.jpg

Keep up the good work! 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
518 posts
5,790 battles
59 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

It can be quite fun to kill both Red CV's in less than four mins in an 899 though 

Nice

My best similar event, though I didn't have the presence of mind to grab a screen shot, was a double strike achievement on the enemy CVs with  a visby of all things. They had been weakened by my fellow team dds, but it was a beautiful thing to see.

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,481 posts
8,298 battles
3 hours ago, bobtherterrible said:

yeah you don't know what you're complaining about. Back in the day we used to get 3 CV matches. 

Yeah but they were not anything near as powerful/op back in the day as they are now (unlimited planes etc)..

• Cool 2

[_I_]
Players
1,045 posts
20,859 battles
3 hours ago, bobtherterrible said:

Back in the day, we had ships that was able to defend both itself and nearby friends. Now we can't defend ourselves...

• Cool 6

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, Nibenay78 said:

Back in the day, we had ships that was able to defend both itself and nearby friends. Now we can't defend ourselves...

Today was looking at some old screenshots, and found this:

image.png.d947372eb9f65d066efa92dbf940258c.png

Imagine telling your CV that you will help him with AA as a Cruiser :cap_fainting:

Sad and Funny at the same time :Smile_sad::cap_haloween:

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[_I_]
Players
1,045 posts
20,859 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Today was looking at some old screenshots, and found this:

image.png.d947372eb9f65d066efa92dbf940258c.png

Imagine telling your CV that you will help him with AA as a Cruiser :cap_fainting:

Sounds unlikely! you should stop telling vague myths here!

• Funny 3

[BS4]
Players
1,481 posts
8,298 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

And coming from a floating citadel no less than 12k from a F, de Grobe as well. :Smile_amazed:

Good times.

Beta Tester
807 posts
3 hours ago, Bear__Necessities said:

WG says you’re not allowed to troll CV players and ruin their game experience.

• Funny 2

[PASOK]
Players
132 posts
8,813 battles

I would like to see how many would choose a non-cv server. Perhaps then they could see that the fun police is a bit out of place in a game like this

• Cool 1

Players
3,786 posts
14,361 battles
1 hour ago, Skurfa said:

WG can go **#(*(* themselves as it's a legitimate in game tactic :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

Players
4,691 posts
7,604 battles
3 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

WG can go **#(*(* themselves as it's a legitimate in game tactic :cap_haloween:

Was it Yuro they gave an "official warning" to for using this legitmate in-game tactic?

• Cool 1

Players
3,786 posts
14,361 battles
5 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Was it Yuro they gave an "official warning" to for using this legitmate in-game tactic?

No. One of the O7 guys. And they said it was more due to "in game verbal behaviour".

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[_I_]
Players
1,045 posts
20,859 battles
7 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

And coming from a floating citadel no less than 12k from a F, de Grobe as well. :Smile_amazed:

Good times.

12km is a tad far, i prefer more like 10km in Minotaur. 

Just no point to ask for planes anymore, they have to fly within 4km anyways for the damage to be even noticable!

[TAYTO]
Players
879 posts
9,649 battles
15 hours ago, bobtherterrible said:

Back in the day, this game was great.
Now, not so much so

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,474 posts
3,999 battles

Five points:

1. Double CV games are a plague upon the sea. They should not exist, no matter what the consequences for CV queuing times. I don't especially wish for CV players to have inordinately long queuing times, but having two or more reworked CV:s on each team in a battle is simply not fun for anyone other than (possibly) the CV:s.

2. Having Random battles without CV:s would be great. Having Random battles with actually balanced CV:s would be even better, but Wargaming has made it plain that this would go against their current business interests. For fairness sake, there should still be a Carriers & Prey mode for those of a masochistic bent who actually enjoy playing against unbalanced CV:s.

3. For any CV players who share this masochistic bent, there should also be a special CV vs. CV mode. Equality for all.

4. We should not let our justified frustration with an intentionally unbalanced ship class spill over on our interactions with CV players. No one should be punished for simply playing the game with the tools provided for it. Hate the CV, love the CV player, to quote.

5. This thread will likely be closed soon. There is an ongoing main CV thread for the playerbase to let off steam.

A good day to you all!

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles
15 hours ago, Skurfa said:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FMJ]
Players
179 posts

How does hunting a Carrier violate EULA? Surely it is a fleet determining the biggest threat and prioritising it?

As for "ruining game experience" it is no different from the Carrier hunting down and focusing the destroyer at the start of the match, yet that is considered fair game.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,474 posts
3,999 battles

I have now perused the "899 Begone Brigade" and "Mr Clear Sky" videos from last year.

Spoiler

I watched them while eating my lunch cereal, which may have been a mistake as it was a long time ago since I laughed that hard at anything. Having watched the show through to its conclusion (and wiped my keyboard clean of milk and cereal), I have a few observations to make.

The most relevant provision in the Wargaming EULA (End User Licence Agreement) in this case should be section 3.03, which states that "Insults, personal attacks, abuse, or harassment are not tolerated on any level." 

I think we can all agree that this is a reasonable and necessary rule to have in any community, whether online or irl.

I think we can also all agree that attacks on ships in the game are not typically to be regarded as "personal attacks, abuse and harassment" in this context. Otherwise it would be impossible to play the game without breaking the EULA.

With this in mind, it is my opinion that it should not be considered as being against the EULA rules for players to form a division with the explicit intention of taking down enemy CV:s, and then for them to pursue that goal in any game where there are CV:s present. In doing this, they are merely using the tools provided for them in order to accomplish a tactical goal with the aim of ultimately winning the battle. Taking down the enemy CV is akin to taking out the Wizard first in a Dungeons & Dragons encounter; it's obviously sound tactics and everyone (including the Wizard) would agree to that with no hard feelings. You go for the most dangerous target first.

Another question is whether posting texts or videos depicting this kind of gameplay, with or without the explicit aim to promote "CV-hunting", would be against the rules. I would argue that texts and videos promoting various forms of gameplay - including useful counterplay tactics to overcome in-game challenges - have been a part of the WoWs experience from the very beginning. It could even be said to be a vital part of the community, and one of many ways through which we all learn how to become better players. I for one would not look askance at useful tips on how to handle an oncoming CV attack (above and beyond the tried and tested "just dodge" option, that is).

I suppose it could be argued that promoting explicit CV-hunting tactics is just another way of promoting toxicity towards CV players. I certainly don't want to endorse that - but I would counter-argue that by this logic, then many or perhaps even most videos depicting CV gameplay could be considered to promote toxicity towards non-CV players. The extant animosity towards CV:s stems ultimately from Wargaming's policy of coddling them to the point of having created what is widely accepted to be an altogether unbalanced class within the game. Player reactions, such as those depicted in the "899 Begone Brigade" and "Mr Clear Sky" videos, are thus an altogether foreseeable effect of Wargaming's own decisions. 

If Wargaming wants to lessen the animosity towards CV:s - which is a most laudable aim - then their first step should be to adjust the CV mechanics and balance the CV class in order to make it equal to the other ship classes. If they won't do this - and it seems pretty clear that they have no such intentions at the moment - then, threatening or otherwise pressuring players who react to this unbalance comes across as nothing short of hypocrisy.

• Cool 2

Players
69 posts
1,457 battles

Back in the day I feel like AA cruisers matters, not just u know higher ships with many DP guns like Woc or mino.

in my Dallas or old Cleveland (on NA) pre CV change I feel like I could protect my team, it will be my fault not timing my AA ability right or not covering them properly, I’m even offer even tier 8 CV a second thought. Now I feel useless, I can try what I can stacking my AA skill and focus together but only manage to shoot like 1/3  if same tier or 2-3 plane on higher tier down and he still gets a force torp drop on my BB or myself. 

it frustrates me. 

• Cool 1