You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inflated_Rubber_Duck

Question about the Dead Eye Skill

14 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
967 battles

Hello fellas, want to know how exactly the new captai skill "dead eye" works. Lets say we consider the Roma, tier 8 premium ships. Her base concealment is 14,49 km at sea. Deducted concealment mod upgrade and concealment skill from the captain skill reduces her conc. at about 11,74 km. So what is the value that refers to the "dead eye" skill? base con. or advanced con. due to mod upgrade and con. expert?
Thanx for ur time.

Cheers.

[CATS]
Players
30,934 posts
15,694 battles

But do not worry too much about it. The skill gets reworked.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[BS4]
Players
1,472 posts
8,279 battles
9 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

But do not worry too much about it. The skill gets re worked moved.

That would be better.

Players
91 posts
6,015 battles

Yes but the question remains valid also for other configurations: Are concealment buffs (ship skills / captain skills) additive or do they influence each other?

Cheers

Norbert

Beta Tester
1,204 posts
9 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

But do not worry too much about it. The skill gets reworked.

like they reworked cv's ...

much success, very fun

[0KILL]
Players
123 posts

It should count the captain concealment skill and camos...so if in your detection range there is no visible enemy the skill is active. Doesn't matter if you shoot and you are detected at 20+km...as long as there ain't no visible enemy ship within your basic detection range.

Players
7 posts
967 battles

For me it is not finally clear because of the skill desciption and this official statement from the customer support here: " Thank you for contacting Player Support. We appreciate the time and effort that you have spent on creating a ticket regarding this matter.
Rest assured that I will do my best to assist you.
According to the skill's description, it depends on the basic detection range of the ship. It means without any bonuses from skills and camouflage.
My question was:

want to know how exactly the new captai skill "dead eye" works. Lets say we consider the Roma, tier 8 premium ships. Her base concealment is 14,49 km at sea. Deducted concealment mod upgrade and concealment skill from the captain skill reduces her conc. at about 11,74 km. So what is the value that refers to the "dead eye" skill? base con. or advanced con. due to mod upgrade and con. expert?
Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Best regards,

For me it is meant that way that Dead Eye refers the 14,49 km con instead of the skill and mod-improved. Am i right?

[CATS]
Players
30,934 posts
15,694 battles
3 minutes ago, Inflated_Rubber_Duck said:

For me it is meant that way that Dead Eye refers the 14,49 km con instead of the skill and mod-improved. Am i right?

No.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
3 hours ago, Inflated_Rubber_Duck said:

No

6 hours ago, MZL_Makrele said:

Yes but the question remains valid also for other configurations: Are concealment buffs (ship skills / captain skills) additrive or do they influence each other?

For a Roma and any other T8+ DD/CA/BB sporting camo, cap skill and slot 5 module its -> (Standard) ship concealment = base ship concealment x0.9 x0.9 x0,03

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,767 posts
10,915 battles
3 hours ago, Yedwy said:

x0,03

*0.97 :Smile-_tongue:

Ngl, *0.03 would be hilarious for some April Fools' event: a small map, and basically only by ramming the enemy would you even find each other :Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
3 hours ago, WolfGewehr said:

*0.97 :Smile-_tongue:

Ngl, *0.03 would be hilarious for some April Fools' event: a small map, and basically only by ramming the enemy would you even find each other :Smile_bajan2:

Yep u re right 0.97 for 3%

[CATCH]
Players
62 posts
12,487 battles

yea, i heard rumors it was gonna get nerfed, not removed or reworked...well for them its a rework :cap_book: