Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_2016_gunner

Nomogram Crosshair bugged (not scaling over range)

21 comments in this topic

Players
2,043 posts
3,831 battles

Sooo... i've used the NG crossair for a whine now, and it always worked fine; but today i was playnig a bunch of Co-Ops (didn't really had the will to play Randoms) and i noticed that it didn't scaled over range anymore; or well, it didn't scaled when you're locked onto someone, if you un-lock the guns then it works again, but if you reset the lock, it blocks again; i even checked if there was anything to update, but everything is updated. 

I played 2 days ago and it was fine; it's probably a bug created yesterday, since WG did some slight changes on the UI (example: players profiles) :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

Players
1,112 posts
11,997 battles
20 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Sooo... i've used the NG crossair for a whine now, and it always worked fine; but today i was playnig a bunch of Co-Ops (didn't really had the will to play Randoms) and i noticed that it didn't scaled over range anymore; or well, it didn't scaled when you're locked onto someone, if you un-lock the guns then it works again, but if you reset the lock, it blocks again; i even checked if there was anything to update, but everything is updated. 

I played 2 days ago and it was fine; it's probably a bug created yesterday, since WG did some slight changes on the UI (example: players profiles) :Smile_amazed:

If by scaling you mean, that aiming circle is about 2cm below "notchmarks"shot-21_03.05_20_13.21-0897.thumb.jpg.05ad164e803e8f43c1bdad979da6cd0b.jpg

Then it is a rather old Resuloution issue. Just go under Option and reset your screenresolution

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,156 posts
22,982 battles
5 minutes ago, mariouus said:

If by scaling you mean, that aiming circle is about 2cm below "notchmarks"

Then it is a rather old Resuloution issue. Just go under Option and reset your screenresolution

No, he means that the notches do not adjust anymore even though they should when you move the aiming reticle up and down.

• Cool 1

Players
2,043 posts
3,831 battles
6 minuti fa, mariouus ha scritto:

If by scaling you mean, that aiming circle is about 2cm below "notchmarks"

No; the nomogram crosshair scales over range, which means the notchmarks become closer the further away you aim, but from i think today (probably yesterday, but i didn't played yesterday) it bugs out and doesn't scale any more when locking onto someone,

I even tried to get other dynamic crosshairs from the mod stations, but they have the same issue

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles

Don't take this the wrong way mate @wot_2016_gunner but there's a really obvious solution to this, don't use a cross hair that's from a mod.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,156 posts
22,982 battles

I tested it and it sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't.

7 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I even tried to get other dynamic crosshairs from the mod stations, but they have the same issue

So it's not a mod bug but a global one, nice.

2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Don't take this the wrong way mate

Don't take this the wrong way, but since you are clearly not part of the solution, you are then part of the problem.

• Cool 3

Players
2,043 posts
3,831 battles
2 minuti fa, Aragathor ha scritto:

So it's not a mod bug but a global one, nice.

Yeah, i've tried another one of the NG crosshairs, which i'd never used before, still had the same issue, also here's some screenshots from a training room (both ships are completely still)

NO lock-on

shot-21_03.12_17_32.49-0459.thumb.jpg.d0e4efc906e5a05592a59958d0f095d9.jpgshot-21_03.12_17_32.52-0423.thumb.jpg.edc2bf2593789aaf368d852873519966.jpg

WITH lock-on

shot-21_03.12_17_32.57-0686.thumb.jpg.c8be9099462949531cbfe24b3533b3af.jpgshot-21_03.12_17_33.00-0253.thumb.jpg.9f9dd6034879c6b7f6e3d6caa1cd52d2.jpg

[ALYEN]
Players
2,647 posts
4,358 battles

Looking at the screenshots, it seems that ship maximum speed is not transmitted properly. I think I saw some other mod that had the same issue, one that was displaying the ship potential maximum speed.

So it is a mod issue I'd say.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles

Hm, are you sure it hasn't always been that way?

I could not see any changes from earlier versions. I remember discussing last year with other mod-makers why the scale is only changing when no target is selected - and uses the first distance-to-target it measures. Works fine on parallel targets at range. On close targets it is off. That's why it is mostly useless in coop, where the bots are close and charging at you.

As far as I remember it is that way on purpose, as constantly adapting to distance would lead to constantly changing scale.

I even made a version for me that is constantly adapting, and it can really be annoying.

And the max-speed-mod isn't used here.

Players
2,043 posts
3,831 battles

@Smeggo @Hugh_Ruka no; what should happen is that if i target someone, and i move my crosshair up and down, the crossair would still take into account the range increase or decrease, depending on where i'm aiming; but now, if i lock onto someone, it freezes on where i'm aiming, i can aim above or below him but it doesn't change (as you can see from the screenshots); plus, in that trainnig room, none of the ships are moving and i haven't even shot. 

I'm not using any speed mod and the NG classic takes into account shell's flight time, not the ship's speed, so why whould ship speed even be a factor. The lockon is only for my guns to track the ship (and also get better dispersion)

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
1,055 posts
15,545 battles

Try clearing out the mods and reloading it. I had a problem like this not long ago did that and it worked.

• Cool 1

Players
2,043 posts
3,831 battles
Proprio ora, The_Chiv ha scritto:

Try clearing out the mods and reloading it. I had a problem like this not long ago did that and it worked.

I'll try, gimme a minute

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles

Well, it was always that way on my machine.

But you can change it for yourself:

Go to ..\World_of_Warships\bin\3471783\res_mods\gui\unbound2\pc\crosshair\Common_ng.unbound

In the last line, change _targetDistance to _shootDistance.

Should look like that:

Zitat

(var _distance:number = "distanceComponent ? _shootDistance : _shootDistance")

And then it will work as desired.

Players
2,043 posts
3,831 battles

@The_Chiv I'm sorry but nope, still broken; at least, smart orizon still works; it's only 30 knots notches, but at least it works; here are the screenshost, see how it compensates for range

shot-21_03.12_18_49.12-0166.thumb.jpg.77334ad346b02b51233f98699db3429e.jpgshot-21_03.12_18_49.14-0114.thumb.jpg.d88d7bacee6bf571f174810c7a848202.jpg

[BOATY]
Players
1,055 posts
15,545 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

@The_Chiv I'm sorry but nope, still broken; at least, smart orizon still works; it's only 30 knots notches, but at least it works; here are the screenshost, see how it compensates for range

shot-21_03.12_18_49.12-0166.thumb.jpg.77334ad346b02b51233f98699db3429e.jpgshot-21_03.12_18_49.14-0114.thumb.jpg.d88d7bacee6bf571f174810c7a848202.jpg

shot-21_03.12_14_18.50-0096.thumb.jpg.ec66ac0334186d77106bd7d990f1c4d7.jpgshot-21_03.12_14_18.51-0538.thumb.jpg.e476a6f4324e9d3b3d8167f202d5a04e.jpg

Mine works mind you I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game like 3 days ago.

Players
2,043 posts
3,831 battles
Proprio ora, The_Chiv ha scritto:

Mine works mind you I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game like 3 days ago

this is really wierd; :Smile_amazed: i'll wait for the next patch and then i'll see with the updated mods if it's fixed or not

[BOATY]
Players
1,055 posts
15,545 battles
41 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

this is really wierd; :Smile_amazed: i'll wait for the next patch and then i'll see with the updated mods if it's fixed or not

you would be better spending the 2 hrs reinstalling the game and then the mods again. If it was a hotfix that messed up your settings waiting for a new patch wont fixt the problem

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

That bug is there for a while, sometimes nomogram just doesnt work restarting the game and/or turning the mod on and off usually helps, that said the normal dynamic crosshair is ok for aiming albeit a bit slower...

[ALYEN]
Players
2,647 posts
4,358 battles
3 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

@Smeggo @Hugh_Ruka no; what should happen is that if i target someone, and i move my crosshair up and down, the crossair would still take into account the range increase or decrease, depending on where i'm aiming; but now, if i lock onto someone, it freezes on where i'm aiming, i can aim above or below him but it doesn't change (as you can see from the screenshots); plus, in that trainnig room, none of the ships are moving and i haven't even shot. 

I'm not using any speed mod and the NG classic takes into account shell's flight time, not the ship's speed, so why whould ship speed even be a factor. The lockon is only for my guns to track the ship (and also get better dispersion)

That's ok, AFAIK it freezes because the game "assists" in range/horizontal aiming and even if you move you crosshair, once you are locked on a target you have little control about range ... seriously try it in a training room ...

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

Potato Quality mentioned this a while back as the reason he uses smart horizon.

I did notice the scaling is not perfect at long ranges but it could be my shooting.

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles
2 hours ago, gopher31 said:

I did notice the scaling is not perfect at long ranges but it could be my shooting.

Scaling never seemed right to me at range, my aim got worse when i changed to it which is why i went back to using the regular crosshair a couple of months ago and my aim improved again.

Sign in to follow this