Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Armada: Gorizia

18 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
Players
600 posts
4,987 battles

so this ship should fight against tier 9, nice.

big NO, thank you.

Beta Tester
1,204 posts

this ship was once distributed for free (as a mission prize) and is not really worth the price tag.

also, wg/lesta has a habit to nerf prem ships (massa, georgia and super cruisers send their regards ...)

• Cool 5

[-RNR-]
Players
1,257 posts

As even the most Game Friendly CC's have said T-7 is not in a Good Place ATM it has to be an outstanding ship and player to have a good time there in Randoms 

[IJN]
Players
111 posts
3,749 battles

How about adding more Cruisers for IJN aswell ? There is no premium cruiser above tier 5 beside the Atago which has been in the game forever!

IJN Maya for example could be a prefect premium for Tier 7!

Spoiler

waldemar-goralski-ijn-maya-1944.jpg?1542

Yes the real historical IJN Maya not the garbage anime copy paste.

And nobody knows if Tone will ever be released at all.

[O-V]
Players
105 posts
8,782 battles

Give WG money ...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL    Not

• Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles
V 12. 3. 2021 v 22:39 GoneFishingAgain řekl/a:

Tech tree ZARA is actually better ship.

Torpedoes are really making difference there. But imo that hydro on Gorizia can be very useful. This is actually question of the preferred playstyle of players...

Players
1,072 posts
On 3/15/2021 at 9:50 AM, YabbaCoe said:

Torpedoes are really making difference there. But imo that hydro on Gorizia can be very useful. This is actually question of the preferred playstyle of players...

Although as you said in the other thread, Zara is outperforming Gorizia; that doesn't seem like a matter of preferred playstyles, it seems like Zara is just the more powerful ship.

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles
Před 18 hodinami NobleSauvage řekl/a:

Although as you said in the other thread, Zara is outperforming Gorizia; that doesn't seem like a matter of preferred playstyles, it seems like Zara is just the more powerful ship.

That can be connected to that, as more players could prefer torpedoes more than defensive measures such as hydro. With torpedoes you have much more potential to deal damage, but with hydro you have the potential to spot those to avoid getting damage. This is the main reason, why Zara can overperform Gorizia in damage being dealt.

[FAILS]
Players
706 posts
21,776 battles
49 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

That can be connected to that, as more players could prefer torpedoes more than defensive measures such as hydro. With torpedoes you have much more potential to deal damage, but with hydro you have the potential to spot those to avoid getting damage. This is the main reason, why Zara can overperform Gorizia in damage being dealt.

Not including the fact of course that Zara has more range and lower reload. Just saying.

• Cool 1

Players
1,072 posts
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

Surely the performance figures are averaged, and thus unaffected by player numbers? And presumably if hydro were comparable in balance terms to torpedoes, it would allow people to do more damage as they would die later, compared to just launching some torps for a quick burst and then dying to return fire?

19 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

Not including the fact of course that Zara has more range and lower reload. Just saying.

Good grief, so Gorizia has her lack of torps balanced by worse guns as well? Sounds like the Duke of York all over again!

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles
Před 1 hodinou NobleSauvage řekl/a:

Surely the performance figures are averaged, and thus unaffected by player numbers? And presumably if hydro were comparable in balance terms to torpedoes, it would allow people to do more damage as they would die later, compared to just launching some torps for a quick burst and then dying to return fire?

Good grief, so Gorizia has her lack of torps balanced by worse guns as well? Sounds like the Duke of York all over again!

As you mentioned, it definitely gives that option to "die later" but, if used properly. You know, not every single battle is the same, as also with hydro you could have bad luck meeting too much torpedoes, or while manuevering exposing broadside to enemy BB and your damage potential is sunk. Or you decide to help certain flank, but you meet just few ships.. simply not much time to release your full potential.

I just meant, that torpedoes have the option to give good amount of damage, potentionally. Yesterday on stream I played Leone, which has long range torps but only 2x2.. not much.. so I was basically only sending them to places between islands.. and still I managed to hit one or two, which game me good amount of damage.

So as with everything, it depends on prefered playstyle and aldo capability to use your armament and consumables in certain situations.

Players
1,072 posts
28 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

As you mentioned, it definitely gives that option to "die later" but, if used properly. You know, not every single battle is the same, as also with hydro you could have bad luck meeting too much torpedoes, or while manuevering exposing broadside to enemy BB and your damage potential is sunk. Or you decide to help certain flank, but you meet just few ships.. simply not much time to release your full potential.

I just meant, that torpedoes have the option to give good amount of damage, potentionally. Yesterday on stream I played Leone, which has long range torps but only 2x2.. not much.. so I was basically only sending them to places between islands.. and still I managed to hit one or two, which game me good amount of damage.

So as with everything, it depends on prefered playstyle and aldo capability to use your armament and consumables in certain situations.

Just as, with torpedoes, the option to do that much more damage only comes if they're used properly in the right circumstances. And as I said, if they're truly an even balance with the hydro, I would expect both ships to perform similarly. Zara doing better suggests that torps (and as has been pointed out, longer-range faster-firing guns) outperform hydro overall.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles
Před 1 hodinou NobleSauvage řekl/a:

Just as, with torpedoes, the option to do that much more damage only comes if they're used properly in the right circumstances. And as I said, if they're truly an even balance with the hydro, I would expect both ships to perform similarly. Zara doing better suggests that torps (and as has been pointed out, longer-range faster-firing guns) outperform hydro overall.

Well, definitely... torps can deal damage, but hydro itself can't :cap_haloween:so of course it overperforms that. But also interesting would be to see the data for torps received while hydro being active and while it wasn't...Or ships on short range hidden in smoke, while rushing etc...

Players
1,072 posts
1 minute ago, YabbaCoe said:

Well, definitely... torps can deal damage, but hydro itself can't :cap_haloween:so of course it overperforms that. But also interesting would be to see the data for torps received while hydro being active and while it wasn't...Or ships on short range hidden in smoke, while rushing etc...

I'd be interested to see that kind of info too, I don't suppose there's any chance you could find out for us if it's available? :)

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles
Před 16 hodinami NobleSauvage řekl/a:

I'd be interested to see that kind of info too, I don't suppose there's any chance you could find out for us if it's available? :)

Unfortunately not. We usually don't share any internal data. Only very exceptionally something little, that is directly relevant to issue being decribed. Which unfortunately is not a case of Gorizia/Zara...

Sign in to follow this