You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Carramber1

A simple question.

83 comments in this topic

[-MCD-]
Players
66 posts
9,887 battles

WG, why dont you want my money?

The last dockyard event, the Italian BB line, the copy paste Pan Asian ships, the new German DD line. All these events you have/will release(d) awful ships and lines, not just weaker than same tier equivalents but sometimes the worst.

I get that WG will make money off stuff like Hizen or Elbing regardless, but not from me and likely many others, due to their poor performance.

I dont get it though. Why wont WG make more balanced lines, to increase their profits from each event?? It's not as if digital media costs more to implement the higher the stats of a ship are.

If a ship or line is released that looks fun and competative, i will likely put some dbs or hard cash towards getting it.

(Note: I do not want OP ships, just properly balanced ships!)

[WG]
WG Staff
6,688 posts
4,521 battles
Před 1 minutou Carramber1 řekl/a:

The last dockyard event, the Italian BB line, the copy paste Pan Asian ships, the new German DD line. All these events you have/will release(d) awful ships and lines, not just weaker than same tier equivalents but sometimes the worst.

I get that WG will make money off stuff like Hizen or Elbing regardless, but not from me and likely many others, due to their poor performance.

I dont get it though. Why wont WG make more balanced lines, to increase their profits from each event?? It's not as if digital media costs more to implement the higher the stats of a ship are.

If a ship or line is released that looks fun and competative, i will likely put some dbs or hard cash towards getting it.

(Note: I do not want OP ships, just properly balanced ships!)

With more balanced, you mean stronger, so some of those basically OP.

Interesting how you are sure, that Elbing is poor in performance, as she is still in testing and no relevant video about that was released yet. Or you saw some video about Elbing?

And honestly speaking, Hizen is balanced.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
30,931 posts
15,694 battles
  • there are other ships you can spend money on
  • they cannot make ships that are bought by everyone
  • the premiums you named are quite numerous, so they found their buyers

[-STD-]
Players
85 posts
1,256 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

the premiums you named are quite numerous, so they found their buyers

This. WarGaming is a business, and like a business, they like to see their green numbers increase by creating as many premiums as possible.

9 minutes ago, Carramber1 said:

You are not the only customer of WG, if you were they'd be bankrupt a few billion times over by now. Just because you don't pay for something doesn't stop others from doing so.

[NECRO]
Players
3,091 posts
Vor 12 Minuten, Carramber1 sagte:

the Italian BB line, the copy paste Pan Asian ships, the new German DD line. All these events you have/will release(d) awful ships and lines, not just weaker than same tier equivalents but sometimes the worst.

I guess they do it on purpose, so you buy premium ships instead of those alibi tech trees full of useless scrap.

Players
580 posts
5,033 battles
8 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

And honestly speaking, Hizen is balanced.

Hizen is balanced - but boring and uninspiring, with no real reason to play it instead of the stronger tech tree ship at T9 (Izumo) as well as the stronger existing premiums (Bajie, Musashi).

That said, it would have been a bigger problem if you guys had released another Musashi, so can't really complain too much.

[NECRO]
Players
3,091 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, arttuperkunas sagte:

if you guys had released another Musashi, so can't really complain too much.

There is still room for a Musashi B ($$$).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
580 posts
5,033 battles
Just now, MementoMori_6030 said:

There is still room for a Musashi B ($$$).

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't buy that :P. I do love my yamato, and don't have a nice T9 ship I want to play right now.

[-MCD-]
Players
66 posts
9,887 battles

Hence my comment that they would make money regardless. But I just dont get why they dont want to make more money, as they are indeed a business.

If a product will make X money with Y performance, surely it follows that increasing Y stats would also increase X money. And sadly yes that would definately be the case with OP ships, but i dont want OP ships, just fun and competative. What Ive seen recently coming out of devblog and news is either OP or crap. I just want middle to good.

[CATS]
Players
30,931 posts
15,694 battles
1 minute ago, Carramber1 said:

Hence my comment that they would make money regardless. But I just dont get why they dont want to make more money, as they are indeed a business.

If a product will make X money with Y performance, surely it follows that increasing Y stats would also increase X money. And sadly yes that would definately be the case with OP ships, but i dont want OP ships, just fun and competative.

And now you know why they do not increase Y at will.

And big Y does not equal fun. The new US BB perform quite well, but they are not fun for me.

Players
580 posts
5,033 battles
1 minute ago, Carramber1 said:

If a product will make X money with Y performance, surely it follows that increasing Y stats would also increase X money. And sadly yes that would definately be the case with OP ships, but i dont want OP ships, just fun and competative. What Ive seen recently coming out of devblog and news is either OP or crap. I just want middle to good.

That's a business decision, probably dependent on two things.

1. If you make a free to play game too pay to win, you erode the playerbase as a whole. There is a limit as to how aggressively you can monetise if you want to the game to survive long term

2. They probably make more money by dangling ships like the Musashi as lootbox jackpot prizes. I assure you there is data somewhere that shows them that they make more money by using these as gambling prizes than straight up selling them

Players
6,602 posts
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And now you know why they do not increase Y at will.

And big Y does not equal fun. The new US BB perform quite well, but they are not fun for me.

A fun ship for me is one that is capable of counteracting the enemy while pursuing a tactical advantage and fighting to win the battle.

Too few ships (if any, actually), meet that criteria IMO.... I'd be essentially happier if the game were balanced more towards protracted battles than trashy fast food experience.

[-MCD-]
Players
66 posts
9,887 battles

I too didnt think too much of the US BB line, but they were alright, so i didnt have a problem with that line, with Florida fun but squishy. Ditto the RN heavy cruiser line, though was unimpressed by Cheshire and didnt bother getting her. I enjoyed the EU dd line, but they are a bit too OP really, especially Smaland.

But the last dockyard was poor, Izumo is just straight better than Hizen and Yagahi is a poor t5. This new German DD release event looks worse with the entire German DD line dead on arrival.

And i just dont get why? US BBs to slow to dodge planes but not strong enough AA to punish attackers. Italian BBs with Sap you cant hit with or German DDs that hunt cruisers but cant kill them.

They wont make as much money as.....

US BBs that have real AA and a US DD def AA consumable, Italian BBs that can do more than 10% dam to DDs and can hit with 33%+ of their main guns most of the time and German DDs that have decent concealment and main gun DPM, would make more money without being OP.

Players
3,947 posts
20,121 battles
57 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

With more balanced, you mean stronger, so some of those basically OP.

because you are very sensitive and carefull about not to release OP ships, right? like smolensk has never been released, belfast is perfectly fine and kamikaze is UP, sky is pink and ocean is yellow. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles

Mainz, Friesland, Lenin, Cosack, T-61, FDR, Kaga, Asashio, There are plenty of unique and borderline OP ships for sale. Not to mention Kitakaze, Petropavlovsk and some other researcheable ships, that can put most premiums to shame. And you have Musashi, Thunderer, Massa, Atago... how about you learn to play them properly? 

Beta Tester
1,204 posts

there is no point to buy any premium ship - wg/lesta will nerf them whenever they want ... look at massa/georgia, look at supercruisers ...

[CATS]
Players
30,931 posts
15,694 battles
37 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

because you are very sensitive and carefull about not to release OP ships, right? like smolensk has never been released, belfast is perfectly fine and kamikaze is UP, sky is pink and ocean is yellow. 

Smolenks is not OP. Before the captain rework the team with more Smolenks had a bigger chance to lose.

Belfast is too strong, but not really OP either.

Kamikaze is basicly a premium version of the old Minekaze, who was never accused of being OP. She was a strong ship, but not even the strongest silver ship on her Tier...

[WG]
WG Staff
6,688 posts
4,521 battles
Před 52 minutami ghostbuster_ řekl/a:

And there are plenty other OP ships, which can be OP in certain circumstances. And we know, that some ships became OP, that is also why, we want to be sure, we are not releasing stronger and stronger premium ships.

So I haven't said, we don't have OP ships in game. Just we don't want to willingly create another ones.

And also not ocean, but sea can be yellow and sky can be perfectly pink-ish during sunset...:cap_haloween:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
3,947 posts
20,121 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Smolenks is not OP. Before the captain rework the team with more Smolenks had a bigger chance to lose.

Again fundamental issue with checking general ship stats. If you introduced a ship with the power of killing entire enemy team with one left mouse click, there would be people who would fail to do that before they die. So nope, smolensk is op af.

Belfast is too strong, but not really OP either.

Oh she is. She is straight up broken. Her firepower is amazing. Hydro smoke and radsr combo is just too much. Any good player would tell you the same.

Kamikaze is basicly a premium version of the old Minekaze, who was never accused of being OP. She was a strong ship, but not even the strongest silver ship on her Tier...

Ok. Kamikaze is not op sure :Smile_facepalm: she is literally one of the most broken ship we havr ever seen in wows if not the most broken one.

• Funny 2

Players
3,947 posts
20,121 battles
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

And there are plenty other OP ships, which can be OP in certain circumstances. And we know, that some ships became OP, that is also why, we want to be sure, we are not releasing stronger and stronger premium ships.

So I haven't said, we don't have OP ships in game. Just we don't want to willingly create another ones.

So you acknowladge that we have OP ships in the game. Aaand what are you gonna do about those? 

[CATS]
Players
30,931 posts
15,694 battles
2 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Again fundamental issue with checking general ship stats. If you introduced a ship with the power of killing entire enemy team with one left mouse click, there would be people who would fail to do that before they die. So nope, smolensk is op af.

Oh she is. She is straight up broken. Her firepower is amazing. Hydro smoke and radsr combo is just too much. Any good player would tell you the same.

Ok. Kamikaze is not op sure :Smile_facepalm: she is literally one of the most broken ship we havr ever seen in wows if not the most broken one.

• I am pretty sure you would see that in the stats...
  • she does not make a bad player a good player, not even decent, that is not OP
  • that is how the standards decrease, back in the day nobody considered her that, and now we have even more tools to deal with DD
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
3,947 posts
20,121 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • I am pretty sure you would see that in the stats...
  • she does not make a bad player a good player, not even decent, that is not OP
  • that is how the standards decrease, back in the day nobody considered her that, and now we have even more tools to deal with DD

- again fundamental issue of taking all players into consideration while balancing things. if you do that, no ship would be OP in a long run because at least 90% of playersbase is very special. 

- again. the same mistake. what does she make a good or very good players then?

- oh she has always been considered OP. back then when minekaze was same with kamikaze, minekaze was also OP. there was a reason why she got nerfed. WG didnt nerf the same OP ship just because its a premium.  

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
30,931 posts
15,694 battles
1 minute ago, ghostbuster_ said:

- again fundamental issue of taking all players into consideration while balancing things. if you do that, no ship would be OP in a long run because at least 90% of playersbase is very special. 

- again. the same mistake. what does she make a good or very good players then?

- oh she has always been considered OP. back then when minekaze was same with kamikaze, minekaze was also OP. there was a reason why she got nerfed. WG didnt nerf the same OP ship just because its a premium.  

• I am pretty sure even they can press a button...
  • good and very good, maybe slightly better
  • WG reworked the IJN DD, are you telling me they were all OP? Are you a BB player? :Smile_trollface:

[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
8,108 battles

Dear WG staff @YabbaCoe, i also asked a simple question at my own thread, but i think my question is not interesting enough to catch your eyes or you tried to avoid it, i also sent an MP to @MrConway as @159Hunter suggested, message read  a day ago but no answer back if he going to take care for investigation. Can you take a look my question over there ? Thank you