Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pappus

Any1 else trying the MvR for silver+?

27 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
356 posts
7,455 battles

I am doing it with it and man it is so hard. When RNG screws me on the AP bombs there is so little I can do.

That and smalands being obnoxiously hard to damag and being spammed

image.thumb.png.5bde3043861065a6678ab1ae8f6d6bc6.png

I don't think I can actually do 7 wins in a row for qualification though. Might need to go midway for that. Really unhappy with the AP bomb reticule

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,062 posts
4,889 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, Pappus sagte:

I am doing it with it and man it is so hard. When RNG screws me on the AP bombs there is so little I can do.

That and smalands being obnoxiously hard to damag and being spammed

image.thumb.png.5bde3043861065a6678ab1ae8f6d6bc6.png

I don't think I can actually do 7 wins in a row for qualification though. Might need to go midway for that. Really unhappy with the AP bomb reticule

Why would you even bother with it. Even audacious would do better in ranked then mvr. MvR without decent bomb accuracy is just to random. The deal was weak planes high alpha (rewarded for good drops). Now its drop like you want you can even put 90% of the reticle outside of the ship and the result of the drop is the same as if you perfectly aimed. That being said the way they nerfed Richthofen was utterly stupid. Don't play it if you don't wanna torture yourself. 

Beta Tester
356 posts
7,455 battles
1 minute ago, Aixin said:

Why would you even bother with it. Even audacious would do better in ranked then mvr. MvR without decent bomb accuracy is just to random. The deal was weak planes high alpha (rewarded for good drops). Now its drop like you want you can even put 90% of the reticle outside of the ship and the result of the drop is the same as if you perfectly aimed. That being said the way they nerfed Richthofen was utterly stupid. Don't play it if you don't wanna torture yourself. 

Well I wanted to try. If nobody is doing it, then there is no data and nobody that knows how it would actually be. Maybe I also just got unlucky and others have much smoother experience and business as usual

[PANEU]
Players
1,062 posts
4,889 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Pappus sagte:

Well I wanted to try. If nobody is doing it, then there is no data and nobody that knows how it would actually be. Maybe I also just got unlucky and others have much smoother experience and business as usual

Palyed two randoms in MvR today. Absolutely unplayable. In one game I dropped 12 bombs 6 hit (which is amazing for Richthofen nowadays) and only one found the way into the citadel while 4 over penned. It's just retarded as it is. You need a nice long game to get good results in MvR in midway or Haku you can get good results regardless on how long the game lasts. The thing with playing it Cuz they need data is actually the wrong way. You are more skilled then the average player and that will influence the data with your (compared to most players) good results and therefore make the ship look stronger then it actually is. You want the bad players to play it so WG feels the need of doing sth. About it. That being said the earliest possible moment for that is after the next T10 cv season Cuz then ptsd from Richthofen will be over since other cvs are meta. They literally can't buff it since people would react with a shitstorm due to it being quite popular in cb. (which again is extremely stupid.) 

Beta Tester
356 posts
7,455 battles
17 minutes ago, Aixin said:

Palyed two randoms in MvR today. Absolutely unplayable. In one game I dropped 12 bombs 6 hit (which is amazing for Richthofen nowadays) and only one found the way into the citadel while 4 over penned. It's just retarded as it is. You need a nice long game to get good results in MvR in midway or Haku you can get good results regardless on how long the game lasts. The thing with playing it Cuz they need data is actually the wrong way. You are more skilled then the average player and that will influence the data with your (compared to most players) good results and therefore make the ship look stronger then it actually is. You want the bad players to play it so WG feels the need of doing sth. About it. That being said the earliest possible moment for that is after the next T10 cv season Cuz then ptsd from Richthofen will be over since other cvs are meta. They literally can't buff it since people would react with a shitstorm due to it being quite popular in cb. (which again is extremely stupid.) 

That depends how they collect data. If they do a before/after, then they will see my winrate drop with the MvR significantly (60% for cv in 7vs7 is not good). For example I have a higher winrate in the t8 season that was still the old way and the parseval has tons of targets at t8 it is bad against (massa). So if I sit at 66% in the parseval and the manfred is suddenly at 60% or 62%, then that shows them something is amiss here.

It seems though that I must return to the Midway. So unfortunate. Feels like you are playing a turtle after maining german CVs

[PANEU]
Players
1,062 posts
4,889 battles
Vor 24 Minuten, Pappus sagte:

That depends how they collect data. If they do a before/after, then they will see my winrate drop with the MvR significantly (60% for cv in 7vs7 is not good). For example I have a higher winrate in the t8 season that was still the old way and the parseval has tons of targets at t8 it is bad against (massa). So if I sit at 66% in the parseval and the manfred is suddenly at 60% or 62%, then that shows them something is amiss here.

It seems though that I must return to the Midway. So unfortunate. Feels like you are playing a turtle after maining german CVs

The thing with wegee is they are always looking on the average numbers. Also playing the other cvs is better since they are better. If to few people play MvR wegee is maybe gonna do sth to increase the popularity. 

[SHAD]
Players
3,791 posts
15,172 battles

I unlocked it after the nerf. AP bombs feel really inaccurate. 

I much prefer the Midway or Haku.

Players
2,244 posts
9,149 battles

I did not grind any CV line beyond the Haku. I’m not getting onto WG’s OP/nerfed to death roller coaster ride.

[POND]
Players
559 posts
6,952 battles

Imagine Midway having her old DB reticule back... Oh that would be nice too. Or at least if the bombs did not retardedly go on the outside of the reticule.

Players
1,077 posts
18,199 battles
2 hours ago, gopher31 said:

I unlocked it after the nerf. AP bombs feel really inaccurate. 

Welcome to the world of Graf Zeppelin, where the drop patterns of the AP bombs even deny the rules of gravity.

[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles

The bombs used to be a great weapon. Now, garbage. 

The thing is it got double nerfed. There was a technique you could use which leveraged the incredible speed of the bomb/torp planes to dodge all the flak in a straightforward manner. Obviously it was too good, though only few knew how to do this, it needed to be fixed. The fact that it was is good.

On top of that though, they nerfed the reticule, hard. Bomb drops took a sledgehammer. As usual they went overboard. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,944 posts
21,696 battles
7 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

There was a technique you could use which leveraged the incredible speed of the bomb/torp planes to dodge all the flak in a straightforward manner.

Hardly a technique given that it involved just flying straight through flak while taking no damage.

[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Hardly a technique given that it involved just flying straight through flak while taking no damage.

It has a nicer ring to it than ''exploit''

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles
7 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Holy crap its a loose cv discussion topic :Smile_ohmy:

I won't tell Excav if you won't

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles

Why would you play CVs in ranked in a first place? Number of CVs went drastically down compared to the first season. It's very hard to preserve a star in CV, so unless you are unicum with 60%+ WR, CVs aren't a good choice. Just for reference, you have to play 5 games to get one star without star preservation at 60% WR. 20 stars - 100 games. At 55% WR but preserving stars every fifth loss, you need 100 games for 20 stars as well, or two hundred games at 50% WR. Star preservation is a way to go if you want to rank out fast.

Players
839 posts
8,044 battles
18 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

Why would you play CVs in ranked in a first place? Number of CVs went drastically down compared to the first season. It's very hard to preserve a star in CV, so unless you are unicum with 60%+ WR, CVs aren't a good choice. Just for reference, you have to play 5 games to get one star without star preservation at 60% WR. 20 stars - 100 games. At 55% WR but preserving stars every fifth loss, you need 100 games for 20 stars as well, or two hundred games at 50% WR. Star preservation is a way to go if you want to rank out fast.

For fun?

[PANEU]
Players
1,062 posts
4,889 battles
Vor 49 Minuten, Bindolaf_Werebane sagte:

For fun?

But then no MvR :) 

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,791 posts
15,172 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Or could he mean the old slingshot exploit that now only works with Indomirable?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,944 posts
21,696 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Or could he mean the old slingshot exploit that now only works with Indomirable?

MvR was introduced post slingshot removal.

[LEEUW]
Players
3,145 posts
10,750 battles
2 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

For fun?

whoa whoa whoa.... didnt you know we're all sweaty tryhards here?

• Funny 1

[IDDQD]
Players
752 posts
15,492 battles

why would you even torture yourself with T10 CV in ranked, let alone MvR? short games in combination with CV EXP penalty makes CVs at that tier pure masochism to play

even if you "play for win" with like 70% WR in CVs, you would probably progress ranks faster as 60% DD + saving stars...

Players
839 posts
8,044 battles
1 hour ago, RAYvenMP said:

why would you even torture yourself with T10 CV in ranked, let alone MvR? short games in combination with CV EXP penalty makes CVs at that tier pure masochism to play

even if you "play for win" with like 70% WR in CVs, you would probably progress ranks faster as 60% DD + saving stars...

I actually like playing the Hakuryu and the Midway. Now, I can't carry a game (though I have, rarely), but there is a nice synergy and a good feeling when it all comes together. Whether it be spotting DDs that your team actually shoots at (!), or landing 3 juicy citadels on a Stalingrad lying at anchor, or torpedoing a throng of reds. Now, granted, it rarely happens, but it can be fun. Also, I don't care about ranks, so... that helps.

[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles
3 hours ago, gopher31 said:

No. To put it simply you literally just had to boost straight through the flak zones without meandering in them. Assuming your planes were going fast enough you would take no damage from them and only tick DPS. A wall could spawn in front of you and it would have no effect even if you passed right through it during active phase. 

MvR wasn't the only one. eg. Haku could do it as well with torps and bombs, Graf Zep, Erich Lowenhardt DBs.

Not anymore of course. 

Sign in to follow this