You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
leonport

Napoli, WHAT IS THIS WG??

44 comments in this topic

[TEPES]
Players
209 posts
4,780 battles

There is so much wrong with this new ship

917919519_WHATISTHIS.thumb.png.65c0f3ea608eb7b57b7282cb38e2d967.png

So as you can see WG THEMSELVES SAY THIS CRUISER'S MAIN GIMMICK IS AN ACCURATE SAP FIREING SECONDARY BATTERY WTFFF!!!

Didn't wg wanted to get rid of secondary cruisers? Like thats why they removed secondary skillls from cruiser tech tree,DID THEY CHANGED THEIR MIND OR SOMETHING LMAO???

i have 3 theorys what will happen to this ship,secondary cruisers like siegfried in general:

1.Wg was just drunk and they will get rid of this gimmick next time they adjust this ship in devblog and it will be a standard boring cruiser

2.Wg will let this ship's secondary make it to the game as it is now so they can call secondary siegfried 2.0 and make ppl grind it for memes in rb

3.(i think this would be the most intresting)Wg wants actually make secondary cruisers possible again so they add more secondary cruisers so they can say that we make this new commander skill or whatever just so these ships like this new italian CA or siegfried or agir can use it.

For my thoughts on its secondaries:THEY ARE BROKEN AS HELL LMAO or at least of they have the same reload what same HE versions of these secondaries have,i did not see information on their reload on the devblog

lets calculate their dpm: for its 152mm secondaries its 3850x6x7.5=173,250 sap dpm and for its 90mm its 2000x6x15=180,000 sap dpm

just in comparison to massachusetts secondary that has (probably) the same accuracy=1800x10x15=270,000dpm

just raw dpm of Napoli secondary is 353,250dmg while massa has 270,000dpm

and remember napoli's 152mm secondary can pen up to 42mm armor which is all major armor thresholds in this game+USN BB deck armor,and its 90mm secondaries can pen 26mm which is the same as german 105mm which means they can directly damage super structures and light cruiser bows

while massa secondary only pens 21mm which is the threshold for superstructures at high tier BBs and also standard DD plating.

So these secondaries asuming they have the same reload time as their HE counterparts(which might not be true we don't know what is their reload as wg didn't released information about their reload) These secondaries are the most powerfull secondaries in the game 

i don't understand wg and what are they doing, if you do please explain to me

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
30,026 posts
15,424 battles

They are not brokem, they are useless.

• bad dispersion, unless WG makes them extremly precise
  • bad range
  • SAP will riccochet and shatter too
  • Cool 2

[TEPES]
Players
209 posts
4,780 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

They are not brokem, they are useless.

• bad dispersion, unless WG makes them extremly precise
  • bad range
  • SAP will riccochet and shatter too

did you not read what wg said? they say accurate which probably means they have improved dispersion like massa

their base range is 7.3km, 9.2km if fully specced which is bad but not that bad 

even sap riccochet and shatter ,sap is sap and its known for dealing huge dmg to targets that they hit and pen

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,741 posts
6,296 battles

Here's a crazy idea guys, let's not dismiss a ship right off the spot before she's even STARTED testing, let alone hit live, neh?

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
30,026 posts
15,424 battles
Just now, leonport said:

did you not read what wg said? they say accurate which probably means they have improved dispersion like massa

even sap riccochet and shatter ,sap is sap and its known for dealing huge dmg to targets that they hit and pen

• even Massa secondaries are pretty useless without the secondary skill
  • 9.2 is not bad, but not the distance you want to be in a cruiser from your enemies in a Tier X match, apart from the random DD that gets spotted for a short time and your secondaries will miss
  • SAP is strong when aimed at the superstructure, not when the dispersion makes you shoot all over the place, the current RM BB show that well
  • Cool 1

[TEPES]
Players
209 posts
4,780 battles
47 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • even Massa secondaries are pretty useless without the secondary skill
  • 9.2 is not bad, but not the distance you want to be in a cruiser from your enemies in a Tier X match, apart from the random DD that gets spotted for a short time and your secondaries will miss
  • SAP is strong when aimed at the superstructure, not when the dispersion makes you shoot all over the place, the current RM BB show that well

the thing is massa secondaries don'T have pen while half of napoli secondaries have 42mm pen

true,its a bad build but its a meme so who cares

As i said half of its secondary dpm is at its 152mm secondaries that have 42mm pen so if you won't have to hit superstructures of bbs or cruisers to deal dmg its enough if you can hit their deck or side or bow armor

[R3B3L]
Players
1,288 posts
32,135 battles
1 hour ago, leonport said:

i have 3 theorys

1.Wg was just drunk

WG being drunk is not a "theory"

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

[ZEN]
Players
1,405 posts
14,627 battles

Hey at least it has a normal reload on the guns and normal ammunition choices just be glad it doesn't have even more gimmicks...

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts
4 hours ago, VIadoCro said:

WG being drunk is not a "theory"

I vote for some harder stuff being in play... :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles

If they give that ship improved secondary dispersion while still letting Siegfried with shitty dispersion and unusable secondaries that would be really taking us Siegfried owners for fools.

I don't want that Italian  cruiser, I want Siegfried back. 

But I must say that developing a secondary cruiser after this awful captain rework is just plain stoopid

• Cool 7

[NECRO]
Players
2,620 posts
Vor 59 Minuten, elblancogringo sagte:

I don't want that Italian  cruiser, I want Siegfried back. 

Siegfried was for free. Now it's nerfed, you need a replacement.

Here it is. This one will be for real money, I guess.

Sounds like the usual WG shenanigans.

• Cool 8

[CATS]
Players
30,026 posts
15,424 battles
5 hours ago, leonport said:

the thing is massa secondaries don'T have pen while half of napoli secondaries have 42mm pen

true,its a bad build but its a meme so who cares

As i said half of its secondary dpm is at its 152mm secondaries that have 42mm pen so if you won't have to hit superstructures of bbs or cruisers to deal dmg its enough if you can hit their deck or side or bow armor

I was talking about Massa hitting, not the damage.

SAP will riccochet of the deck armor. Side armor is often too thick.

[TEPES]
Players
209 posts
4,780 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I was talking about Massa hitting, not the damage.

SAP will riccochet of the deck armor. Side armor is often too thick.

but the thing is if napoli 152mm secondary hits 10 shells that pen it deals 12 705 dmg while if 127mm massa hits 10 shells that deals 6000dmg and massa can't pen 42 only 21 still don't think this is broken? 

also sap has very good pen bounce angles 70°-80° in comparison american bounce angles are 60°-67.5° which greatly limits when sap will bounce and side armor is only thick for a few ships in the tier like kremlin,g.k ,most bbs,cruisers have weak side armor of usually between 30-38mm

[CATS]
Players
30,026 posts
15,424 battles
3 minutes ago, leonport said:

but the thing is if napoli 152mm secondary hits 10 shells that pen it deals 12 705 dmg while if 127mm massa hits 10 shells that deals 6000dmg and massa can't pen 42 only 21 still don't think this is broken? 

also sap has very good pen bunce angles 70°-80° in comparison american bounce angles are 60°-67.5° which greatly limits when sap will bounce and side armor is only thick for a few ships in the tier like kremlin,g.k ,most bbs,cruisers have weak side armor of usually between 30-38mm

She needs to hit first and then she needs to hit areas where she does not bounce or shatter.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,400 posts
9,841 battles
4 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

This one will be for real money, I guess.

Well its a TX, and while we know that WG has sold a couple of them for money, i kinda doubt that itll be sold for money again. We need new resource ships (steel, RB or Coal) so i guess itll be one of those. Probably not steel, alltho id think it would fit the steel pattern of ships, but we just had Plymouth and Austin next, so doubtful that we will get yet another steel Cruiser. Maybe RB.... Vampire II or Druid id expect to become steel ships actually (one of those), since they removed Somers.

30 minutes ago, leonport said:

also sap has very good pen bounce angles 70°-80° in comparison american bounce angles are 60°-67.5° which greatly limits when sap will bounce and side armor is only thick for a few ships in the tier like kremlin,g.k ,most bbs,cruisers have weak side armor of usually between 30-38mm 

The problem is the armor. It says "decent armor" but that can mean everything. Could be 30mm midsection, or maybe even more. If its overmatchable by BBs tho, the concept is highly questionable as then it would have no staying power.

I think speculating at this point makes no sense really. They can just scrap the whole concept anyway, or maybe it doesnt work to begin with.

Players
6,223 posts
10 hours ago, leonport said:

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
30,026 posts
15,424 battles
15 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Well its a TX, and while we know that WG has sold a couple of them for money, i kinda doubt that itll be sold for money again. We need new resource ships (steel, RB or Coal) so i guess itll be one of those. Probably not steel, alltho id think it would fit the steel pattern of ships, but we just had Plymouth and Austin next, so doubtful that we will get yet another steel Cruiser. Maybe RB.... Vampire II or Druid id expect to become steel ships actually (one of those), since they removed Somers.

The problem is the armor. It says "decent armor" but that can mean everything. Could be 30mm midsection, or maybe even more. If its overmatchable by BBs tho, the concept is highly questionable as then it would have no staying power.

I think speculating at this point makes no sense really. They can just scrap the whole concept anyway, or maybe it doesnt work to begin with.

She is a Supercruiser, so I expect her to be for coal, maybe Steel. Free XP would be nice, but I doubt it.

Her bow and aft plating are initially planned at 25mm. Her side armor should be around 220mm, if the design follows the historic Ansaldo "Cruiser Killer" design for the USSR.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,090 posts
4,486 battles
Před 13 hodinami leonport řekl/a:

There is so much wrong with this new ship

917919519_WHATISTHIS.thumb.png.65c0f3ea608eb7b57b7282cb38e2d967.png

So as you can see WG THEMSELVES SAY THIS CRUISER'S MAIN GIMMICK IS AN ACCURATE SAP FIREING SECONDARY BATTERY WTFFF!!!

Didn't wg wanted to get rid of secondary cruisers? Like thats why they removed secondary skillls from cruiser tech tree,DID THEY CHANGED THEIR MIND OR SOMETHING LMAO???

i have 3 theorys what will happen to this ship,secondary cruisers like siegfried in general:

1.Wg was just drunk and they will get rid of this gimmick next time they adjust this ship in devblog and it will be a standard boring cruiser

2.Wg will let this ship's secondary make it to the game as it is now so they can call secondary siegfried 2.0 and make ppl grind it for memes in rb

3.(i think this would be the most intresting)Wg wants actually make secondary cruisers possible again so they add more secondary cruisers so they can say that we make this new commander skill or whatever just so these ships like this new italian CA or siegfried or agir can use it.

For my thoughts on its secondaries:THEY ARE BROKEN AS HELL LMAO or at least of they have the same reload what same HE versions of these secondaries have,i did not see information on their reload on the devblog

lets calculate their dpm: for its 152mm secondaries its 3850x6x7.5=173,250 sap dpm and for its 90mm its 2000x6x15=180,000 sap dpm

just in comparison to massachusetts secondary that has (probably) the same accuracy=1800x10x15=270,000dpm

just raw dpm of Napoli secondary is 353,250dmg while massa has 270,000dpm

and remember napoli's 152mm secondary can pen up to 42mm armor which is all major armor thresholds in this game+USN BB deck armor,and its 90mm secondaries can pen 26mm which is the same as german 105mm which means they can directly damage super structures and light cruiser bows

while massa secondary only pens 21mm which is the threshold for superstructures at high tier BBs and also standard DD plating.

So these secondaries asuming they have the same reload time as their HE counterparts(which might not be true we don't know what is their reload as wg didn't released information about their reload) These secondaries are the most powerfull secondaries in the game 

i don't understand wg and what are they doing, if you do please explain to me

Well, it is a new concept, especially giving cruiser SAP secondaries. But if you just compare the range of that secondaries, with Venezia, well they are completely the same.

So if you have Venezia, how many times you managed to actually use those secondaries? Do you have upgrades on Venezia, that boost secondaries?

So those SAP secondaries will be a gimmick of that ship, but definitely not the main one.

[CATS]
Players
30,026 posts
15,424 battles
5 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Well, it is a new concept, especially giving cruiser SAP secondaries. But if you just compare the range of that secondaries, with Venezia, well they are completely the same.

So if you have Venezia, how many times you managed to actually use those secondaries? Do you have upgrades on Venezia, that boost secondaries?

So those SAP secondaries will be a gimmick of that ship, but definitely not the main one.

She should have a longer gun range.

And if the secondary gimmick is supposed to be meaningful, they need improved dispersion.

• Cool 1

[TEPES]
Players
209 posts
4,780 battles
56 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

But venezia has its WORTHLESS 90 mm he secondaries that have 15mm pen thats not enough to pen bb superstructure even with ifhe and also has standard dispersion that means they hit nothing.Meanwhile naploli has chad sap on its 90mm secondaries that pen 26mm and also has 152mm secondaries with sap that have 42mm pen and all this WITH IMPROVED DISPERISON

and for the "Do you have upgrades on Venezia, that boost secondaries?" yes you still have secondary mod 1,aux armaments mod1 and flag aviable to boost your secondaries range and aim,you guys forgot to take those away

Yabba you can't compare venezia secondary to Napoli secondary in anything besides their range what every single tier X cruiser has at minimum right now

manfred von richtoffen secondaries have improved aim and a dpm of 257 760 are capable of dealing with dds at close range even if you just equip secondary mod 1 and flag, now napoli secondary has 353,250 sap dpm with better base range than mvr, while also its 152mm secondaries have 42mm pen while all of mvr secondary has 26mm pen and all this with (probably) the same accuracy as mvr, See what im talking about???

these secondaries are the best cruiser secondaries in this game if the devs don't nerf dpm by like 50% or make them have standard dispersion

[TEPES]
Players
209 posts
4,780 battles
38 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

She should have a longer gun range.

And if the secondary gimmick is supposed to be meaningful, they need improved dispersion.

Dude i said it so many times but it seems i have to mark where wg states accuracy in case you guys don't read:

1108392232_napliaccurate.thumb.png.644ed45f91f32158b32c31c4d0d060c9.png

[CATS]
Players
30,026 posts
15,424 battles
1 minute ago, leonport said:

Dude i said it so many times but it seems i have to mark where wg states accuracy in case you guys don't read:

Improved means: compared to what she has now.

Players
376 posts
12,013 battles

ignoring the secondaries it looks strong, poor zao though. This thing gets big boi overmatch, more base range, more hp, comparable concealment, and some very good smoke firing for some reason.... Does it look OP? no, but it is power creep at its finest.

• Cool 4