Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

Brawl mode ruined Ranked even more

91 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
4,350 posts
5,683 battles

I just wanted to say thank you weegee for giving us this precious mode which is a nice playground for WC players and also reason why Ranked is even more painful to play.

Because now we heve more than ever suicidal maniacs who rush into death in first 2 minutes of battle.

Last 3 days all I count is defeats in streak. Im still siting on Rank 9. Why? Because I cant get a faking win to progress on.

My ''teams'' manage to lose battles even when we are 6 against 3. HAve full HP BB like Izumo that somehow in brawl manage to lost against 5k HP Georgia. Than full HP jpn cruiser that lose against 2k HP Roon...

Do I have to continue with examples of my personal experience?

 

Thank you wg. Now my WR is about 45% tho, it was 75% on my JB just 3 days ago. Overall WR dropped from 60 to 49% so yea, GG(!!!1!!!!)

 

I think I will also start to suicide in the start of the battle because what is the point of tactic and doing damage from distance if you gonna lose the battle anyway?

 

So from now on I will start yolo rush from start, because there is nothing to lose, right?

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAVOC]
Players
19 posts
1,195 battles

Not sure what ur on about tbh.. You cant win ranked because of brawls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VH]
[VH]
Players
191 posts
18,862 battles

nope brawls just help you stop raging in ranked because of the fixed outcome from the start if i lose 3 on the run in ranked i just go and play brawls instead as it helps you focus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
758 posts
7,536 battles

Is the implication that good players have abandoned ranked for brawls, thus leaving potatoes in ranked? I can tell you that's not true. I left ranked for brawls and I'm a potato. QED.

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,097 posts
3,836 battles

I think he means brawl as in a one on one fight between 2 players  in the ranked 7 vs 7 mode, not the new 1 on 1 brawl mode.

 

At least that's what I hope he means, otherwise :Smile_amazed:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
816 posts
3,890 battles

Well, I'm gonna be frank here, but according to the stats you aren't that strong of a player, and you do tend to main a class (BBs) that aren't the most influential to begin with and which rely on their teams to have impact (especially when you're not that strong of a player).
You also play a lot of divisions which recently seem to have been giving you artificially high WR scores, but this comes back to bite you when you play ranked (where you cant division).
Your (recent) average WR in ranked seems to be a bit lower than your usual average, but well within reason when looking at the overall numbers.


TL;DR:
Your teams are not really at fault here for your WR.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
816 posts
3,890 battles
56 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

 

Thank you wg. Now my WR is about 45% tho, it was 75% on my JB just 3 days ago. Overall WR dropped from 60 to 49% so yea, GG(!!!1!!!!)

 

You being at 60% was lucky on your part, as you seem to be overall at the 50% mark as a player.
The statistical average is just pulling you down to where your "true" number is, given enough time.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
8,107 battles
16 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

You being at 60% was lucky on your part, as you seem to be overall at the 50% mark as a player.
The statistical average is just pulling you down to where your "true" number is, given enough time.

 

24 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

Well, I'm gonna be frank here, but according to the stats you aren't that strong of a player, and you do tend to main a class (BBs) that aren't the most influential to begin with and which rely on their teams to have impact (especially when you're not that strong of a player).
You also play a lot of divisions which recently seem to have been giving you artificially high WR scores, but this comes back to bite you when you play ranked (where you cant division).
Your (recent) average WR in ranked seems to be a bit lower than your usual average, but well within reason when looking at the overall numbers.


TL;DR:
Your teams are not really at fault here for your WR.

Is this the reason that my stat is crap :Smile_veryhappy:, i only play solo

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ZED]
Players
11 posts
13,263 battles

You need to play something else than JB probably: something that will give you tools to make you more self-reliant. Sure, you can do a lot o damage sometimes in JB with the reload booster, but that would be all: it's not that good against other BBS, doesn't have anything against DDs. You need speed, hydro, torps, maybe planes, maybe radar. Why don't you play Alaska instead?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,350 posts
5,683 battles
1 hour ago, Dikkeh0nd said:

Not sure what ur on about tbh.. You cant win ranked because of brawls?

Im not gonna explaining this to a probie who doesn't even play this game.

 

1 hour ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I think he means brawl as in a one on one fight between 2 players  in the ranked 7 vs 7 mode, not the new 1 on 1 brawl mode.

 

At least that's what I hope he means, otherwise :Smile_amazed:

Yea because in every single match there is at least 1 that will rush into death. Very much like 1v1.

 

51 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

You being at 60% was lucky on your part, as you seem to be overall at the 50% mark as a player.
The statistical average is just pulling you down to where your "true" number is, given enough time.

No kiddo. Before this rework I was overall about 55%.

Im lucky in Ranked based on my stats? Next to my 1500 PR despite my defeats (which was last season 2000)? Yap, purple PR players are bad in Ranked, I agree. You are hilarious... And your stats funny for a probie.

You are so big troll that you can't read even stats properly. This is last time i reply to someone who is on my ignore list (yes, you).

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,626 posts

Dude ranked was always a garb*ge mode and rework brought us the win x times for awards, now most people just farm the majority of the steel that is in the win bonuses and leave for their sanity, after that mostly only the utter potato farm remains there and few tryhards that go insane over it...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,350 posts
5,683 battles
6 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Dude ranked was always a garb*ge mode and rework brought us the win x times for awards, now most people just farm the majority of the steel that is in the win bonuses and leave for their sanity, after that mostly only the utter potato farm remains there and few tryhards that go insane over it...

You forgot about one thing; You have to WIN to get rewards. If you are stuck in defeat streak you CAN'T get any rewards.

I literally have to play alone against 7, and that is very much to say impossible. As much as I try to win that much others working hard to lose.

Sad to say it but its time to give up from this retard-magnet mode.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[2PTS]
Players
238 posts
41,350 battles
47 minutes ago, Dragontrn said:

 

Is this the reason that my stat is crap :Smile_veryhappy:, i only play solo

ahahahaha that was my thinking exactly LOLs image.thumb.png.17dabeb65091a165e745719c362f0250.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,416 posts
9,841 battles

I played one game today:

- Enemy Izumo straightlines till he dies to 3 BBs

- My Friesland shooting the water, getting spotted, loses half his HP. Smokes up, sits in smoke, leaves smoke gets spotted again dies <-- 22k battles 39% WR player !!! (Bot?)

- FDG straighlining to a flank, then getting farmed showing flat broadside <-- manages to get less XP than before mentioned Friesland

- 2 Enemy DDs getting rushed by a BB (me), missing all but one torp :cap_fainting:

 

So almost half the players in one ranked game were basicly bot level. Double strike, high caliber, Kraken - what it took to win this game.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
816 posts
3,890 battles
27 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

No kiddo. Before this rework I was overall about 55%.

Im lucky in Ranked based on my stats? Next to my 1500 PR despite my defeats (which was last season 2000)? Yap, purple PR players are bad in Ranked, I agree. You are hilarious... And your stats funny for a probie.

You are so big troll that you can't read even stats properly. This is last time i reply to someone who is on my ignore list (yes, you).

Ignore me if you want to, but your stats show you around the 50% mark.
You played about half of all your random games in divisions, which overall yielded you about 50% and lately a bit more - but nothing out of the ordinary.
Your PR stats are for ranked likewise not indicating top play on your behalf.
If you wanna get mad about it, be mad at your own statistics, not me.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
8,107 battles

Anyway, i just reached gold despite my stat is crap :Smile_trollface:

Oh, and i dont play as a carry, i play as supporter to cover them 

image.thumb.png.e4de7f0e0511724a417719fc9063045b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,791 posts
33,220 battles
1 hour ago, Hirohito said:

You being at 60% was lucky on your part, as you seem to be overall at the 50% mark as a player.
The statistical average is just pulling you down to where your "true" number is, given enough time.

The statistical average of a player, i guess, only matters to a certain point. If i elaborate, you'd think the player with the stats in below screenshot would do good in ranked, right? Or at least better than general. But he was last on the team because he parked behind an island and tried farming enemy BBs while two DDs from my team were fighting two enemy DDs and another ship in C cap, which was right in front of him. So, he contributed nothing to the win. Then, you wonder how come he has such stats as his solo and T10 stats are similar to the overall. Well, i don't know the answer how he's got those stats but in that ranked game, he played like a 30% wr player. This of course can go vice versa as some players with below average overall stats can play surprisingly good. Talking about ranked only.

 

jjjjj1.jpg

hhhhh2.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
816 posts
3,890 battles
13 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

The statistical average of a player, i guess, only matters to a certain point. If i elaborate, you'd think the player with the stats in below screenshot would do good in ranked, right? Or at least better than general. But he was last on the team because he parked behind an island and tried farming enemy BBs while two DDs from my team were fighting two enemy DDs and another ship in C cap, which was right in front of him. So, he contributed nothing to the win. Then, you wonder how come he has such stats as his solo and T10 stats are similar to the overall. Well, i don't know the answer how has those stats but in that ranked game, he played like a 30% wr player. This of course can go vice versa as some players with below average overall stats can play surprisingly good. Talking about ranked only.

 

Of course, but when we're talking statistical averages, that doesnt really matter.
The OP had a somewhat unlucky streak in ranked judging by the recent games, but not a reasonable deviation from the mean.

I'll happily admit that I play like crap sometimes myself, making dumb plays and getting sunk for it, but that's on me and I honestly deserved it when it happened.
Just the other day I cost my team the win when we were 3v2 and I had a stalingrad holding up mid in greece.
Had I either fully committed to yolo rushing him, OR decided to go back cap them, we woulda won.
Instead I halfway yolo-rushed without properly closing the distance instead turning out, because I wanted to farm out their GK for some extra damage, and promptly got sunk while my torps left Stalingrad live.
Well deserved -1 to me for that dumb play.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,791 posts
33,220 battles
1 minute ago, Hirohito said:

Of course, but when we're talking statistical averages, that doesnt really matter.
The OP had a somewhat unlucky streak in ranked judging by the recent games, but not a reasonable deviation.

I'll happily admit that I play like crap sometimes myself, making dumb plays and getting sunk for it, but that's on me and I honestly deserved it when it happened.

I lost 5 games in a row in ranked today. Some games ended quick. After checking the CVs, we had 40% enemy had 62% wr CV player. In one game there was a Hindenburg in my team with 356 games overall. In another game 4 players in my team had less than 800 games total. That "unlucky" word has an explanations like these. It doesn't mean you do bad in the game necessarily or you could do better if your stats were 70%. Each time we press the battle button, we are gambling. That's what it is. I  think no one is complaining about a team that fights but still loses. Most of the time complaints are about teams that camp away from caps, getting devstruck cruisers while sailing full broad or yolo, die ships and lose the game in a moronic way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[2PTS]
Players
238 posts
41,350 battles
39 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

You forgot about one thing; You have to WIN to get rewards. If you are stuck in defeat streak you CAN'T get any rewards.

I literally have to play alone against 7, and that is very much to say impossible. As much as I try to win that much others working hard to lose.

Sad to say it but its time to give up from this retard-magnet mode.

dont worry it happens my record is 34 losses on the row i play ranked not for the rewords but most of the time for the more interesting battles stats from last weeks battles in ranked below see how many wins correspond to a 50% wr? 70 i only needed the 18 for the rewards but iam a mazo lols image.thumb.png.985e71b124b8d09701cab5ec8a88045f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
816 posts
3,890 battles
9 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

I lost 5 games in a row in ranked today. Some games ended quick. After checking the CVs, we had 40% enemy had 62% wr CV player. In one game there was a Hindenburg in my team with 356 games overall. In another game 4 players in my team had less than 800 games total. That "unlucky" word has an explanations like these. It doesn't mean you do bad in the game necessarily or you could do better if your stats were 70%. Each time we press the battle button, we are gambling. That's what it is. I  think no one is complaining about a team that fights but still loses. Most of the time complaints are about teams that camp away from caps, getting devstruck cruisers while sailing full broad or yolo, die ships and lose the game in a moronic way.


That's true and flukes do happen in the short term, but when talking averages over large samples of games, you won't get that kind of "bad luck".
His current total ranked WR is at about 50%, while his average for randoms is 50%, which is expected.
Sure he might deviate upwards a couple % for ranked in total (if he's on an upwards trend of improving, the ranked stats are far more recent and likely to be somewhat better than the overall random WR), but nothing out of the ordinary WR wise goes on in the OPs case.
Had he been a 60% player getting 45% WR after 120 battles, sure, that's extraordinary statistically speaking.

Short-term flukes we all have to deal with from time to time, but those won't meaningfully drag down the average over time.
It sucks when it happens with bad teams, but strong players especially bounce their WR back pretty fast once the fluke is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
462 posts
6,230 battles
2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

WC players

 

Ok i'll bite.

 

Is this related to toilets or what is it supposed to mean?

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,791 posts
33,220 battles
1 minute ago, Hirohito said:


That's true and flukes do happen in the short term, but when talking averages over large samples of games, you won't get that kind of "bad luck".
His current total ranked WR is at about 50%, while his average for randoms is 50%, which is expected.
Sure he might deviate upwards a couple % for ranked in total (if he's on an upwards trend of improving, the ranked stats are far more recent and likely to be somewhat better than the overall random WR), but nothing out of the ordinary WR wise goes on in the OPs case.
Had he been a 60% player getting 45% WR after 120 battles, sure, that's extraordinary statistically speaking.

Short-term flukes we all have to deal with from time to time, but those won't meaningfully drag down the average over time.

I don't disagree with overall stats. What i'm saying is those stats of a person who has high wr % in random doesn't mean he will necessarily rank out with similar %. Same goes to a below avg player.

Comparing random games to ranked games and expecting same or similar %s would not be realistic imo. Because what you can do against 12 players, how long the game lasts, etc. are different than the conditions in a 7 enemy ship game. I've seen many high % players losing games in this ranked season and losing like they are at 4th-5th place in their team. Why? Because their team sucked so hard, they didn't have enough time to make a difference. On the other hand, i understand your point that such flukes happen. Yes, they do. But the stakes at 7vs7 is higher, so are the chances of having flukes more often or longer flukes. Plus this is not really the regular ranked. It is the old Sprint Ranked. Anyone and everyone reaches gold league in no time. So, expecting very risky games each time we press the battle button in this Sprint Ranked mode would be accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×