You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Prophecy82

Caracciolo is at the same Tier as Sinop

196 comments in this topic

Players
1,483 posts
22,643 battles

Just let that sink in for a moment.... :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

On a more serious note: That Ship is bad. 8 guns with a long reload and bad dispersion... in fact, the dispersion is so bad even deadeye cant fix it.

Really, how is this an upgrade to Andrea Doria (that one I liked)? 

• Cool 6

[CATS]
Players
30,371 posts
15,494 battles

Sinop can hardly be  the benchmark, unless you are a fan of powercreep...

On the other hand WG was informed about the problem with the guns after the first devblog that showed the ships stats.

• Cool 2

Players
534 posts
9,359 battles

No matters

No isssues..

Working as intended...

• Funny 5

Players
1,483 posts
22,643 battles
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Sinop can hardly be  the benchmark, unless you are a fan of powercreep...

On the other hand WG was informed about the problem with the guns after the first devblog that showed the ships stats.

I know... it just baffeled my mind (again) since I havent played T7 for quite some time. 

Which ship do you mean? Sinop or Cara? They both have "problems with the guns"... just on the opposite spectrum in terms of performance. 

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,958 posts
18,353 battles

Hi all,

13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I unlocked the Tier VII Italian BB "Francesco Caracciolo" yesterday... I took her for a test ride in CoOp... first 5 salvos I didn't hit anything at 10+ km ranges (really = 0 hits)... the game ended with my gun accuracy at 20%... I must confess that i didn't have similar experience lately... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 6

[CATS]
Players
30,371 posts
15,494 battles
Just now, Prophecy82 said:

I know... it just baffeled my mind (again) since I havent played T7 for quite some time. 

Which ship do you mean? Sinop or Cara? They both have "problems with the guns"... just on the opposite spectrum of performance. 

I meant the Carracciolo. 8 guns with 1.6 Sigma is just bad. We have Nagato and Colorado with the same number of guns, but bigger, and better Sigma and base dispersion and they are not too strong either.

• Cool 3

Players
1,483 posts
22,643 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

I meant the Carracciolo. 8 guns with 1.6 Sigma is just bad. We have Nagato and Colorado with the same number of guns, but bigger, and better Sigma and base dispersion and they are not too strong either.

So its basically another Free-XP to T10 Line? :cap_fainting:

• Cool 10

[CATS]
Players
30,371 posts
15,494 battles
1 minute ago, Prophecy82 said:

So its basically another Free-XP to T10 Line? :cap_fainting:

I would not go that far. But it is unlikely that she will played a lot in the current state. Just a waste of manhours of the design team, unless WG changes something.

• Cool 5

Players
1,483 posts
22,643 battles

I would not go that far. But it is unlikely that she will played a lot in the current state. Just a waste of manhours of the design team, unless WG changes something.

I havent checked the stats, but if the T8 is a Roma clone with SAP, I could make it work. But I assume thats not the case...

[CATS]
Players
30,371 posts
15,494 battles

I havent checked the stats, but if the T8 is a Roma clone with SAP, I could make it work. But I assume thats not the case...

She has 1.6 Sigma too...

and a slower reload...

Players
1,483 posts
22,643 battles

She has 1.6 Sigma too...

and a slower reload...

But the ellipse is way smaller, right? right? :Smile_trollface:

[CATS]
Players
30,371 posts
15,494 battles

Italians have one of the worst base dispersions...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
2,791 posts
33,322 battles

Player one battle with carpaccio cappuccino yesterday. It’s guns are very underwhelming and it is as fun as Oklahoma. I guess that’s what free means.

Players
477 posts
4,741 battles

4 minutes ago, Prophecy82 said:

The Vittorio Veneto also has much worse concealment than Roma. In other words, it has to pay dearly for its gimmicks (SAP, smoke).

Kind of funny, isn't it, that it's exactly the same ship model but they have different concealment?

• Cool 8

Players
192 posts
1,139 battles
1 minuto fa, arttuperkunas ha scritto:

The Vittorio Veneto also has much worse concealment than Roma. In other words, it has to pay dearly for its gimmicks (SAP, smoke).

Yes, when I saw that they gave her worse concealment I was furious, it is the single best asset of Roma in my opinion. 

• Cool 6

Players
477 posts
4,741 battles
1 minute ago, KommodorevonKlein said:

Yes, when I saw that they gave her worse concealment I was furious, it is the single best asset of Roma in my opinion. 

Weeeeeeell. If the VT had Roma's concealment, who would buy Roma? (unless they have specific sentimental or other reasons to get the ship) I mean... no one gets Roma for the guns. You get it for the armor model and the concealment, so if you give those out for "free", then why buy the premium?

I am not even being hypothetical here, as this was precisely my thought process. The only Italian BB I was interested in was the VT, precisely as a free Roma substitute.

[NECRO]
Players
2,735 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, arttuperkunas sagte:

The Vittorio Veneto

As I have not seen what "prices" are in pasta party 2: Is she free to get? Else her permacamo would be even more of a waste, and buying credits for the 4k tokens seems to be the better idea.

Players
192 posts
1,139 battles
Proprio ora, arttuperkunas ha scritto:

Weeeeeeell. If the VT had Roma's concealment, who would buy Roma? (unless they have specific sentimental or other reasons to get the ship) I mean... no one gets Roma for the guns. You get it for the armor model and the concealment, so if you give those out for "free", then why buy the premium?

I am not even being hypothetical here, as this was precisely my thought process. The only Italian BB I was interested in was the VT, precisely as a free Roma substitute.

Can't argue with that :Smile_hiding:

[CATS]
Players
30,371 posts
15,494 battles

Romas guns are not bad. They have the highest penetration of all 380mm guns in game. Unfortunately, that can lead to a lot of overpens with the wrong target selection.

• Cool 4

[TACHA]
Players
155 posts
789 battles

Wow, that sucks. But keep this topic alive. Maybe the devs will get around to fixing the sigma issues. 

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,269 posts
23,343 battles

capuccino.thumb.png.6d809d2ea842b923acd64fc69f4f3190.png

Apparently, my Capuccino is broken. Map was Shards, did around 40k with SAP to a bow-in Lion at around 10 km. Rest of the fight was at comfortable distances, not more than 13 - 14 km. 10 point captain without Deadeye.

Players
10,362 posts
12,044 battles
5 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

As I have not seen what "prices" are in pasta party 2: Is she free to get? Else her permacamo would be even more of a waste, and buying credits for the 4k tokens seems to be the better idea.

Most permacamos need you to play hundreds of battles to pay for themselves and I don't think it would be any different regarding pepperoni ones.

Players
477 posts
4,741 battles
5 minutes ago, SodaBubbles said:

Wow, that sucks. But keep this topic alive. Maybe the devs will get around to fixing the sigma issues. 

I'm pretty sure they will get buffs. After all, the fatty US line got buffs quite promptly, probably because the spreadsheet showed that not enough people were playing them.

The other option, if you want to put on the conspiracy theory hat, is that they will stay shite in order to milk people of FXP pushing up to the supposedly decent tier 10 ship. But, personally, I have trouble believing that this kind of strategy would be a good business decision (sinking so many man hours into art assets, etc. just to milk some extra fxp/money). So I don't subscribe to that particular theory.

• Cool 2