Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST 0.10.3, Dockyard, "German Destroyers. Part 1" event.

25 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,087 posts
4,253 battles

New Dockyard, Early Access to German destroyers and more in Update 0.10.3.

Read more

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

[BIF]
Players
408 posts
5,690 battles

I wish you had given upgraded " Grease the Gears " for the Japanese captains. Since i cannot get Yamamoto as a PVE player. But thats just me.....

• Cool 4

[SHAD]
Players
3,528 posts
14,469 battles

So to Whale a Puerto Rico cost 35,000 doubloons.

To whale this tier 9 destroyer will cost 48,400 doubloons.

Bargain.....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 10

[BASIC]
Players
743 posts
21,519 battles
58 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Bargain.....

And yet hundreds of ZF-6's will sail happily in the game on day 1. Rich basstards.

Players
232 posts
7,892 battles
11 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Pay to Rico was actually around 50 k doubloons...

• Cool 1

Players
116 posts

I'm very happy with next Dockyard event.

I have zilch interest in it. :cap_haloween:If I get there (to the free end) and have spare doubloons yeah maybe, but I doubt it very much. It'll May/June and I'll most certainly not play WoWs regularly (even now I spend like 30 minutes).

But I agree with you guys above. Whaling season is in full force. Oh fudge, nearly 50k doubloons for ZF-6, but #WGPuertoRicoBailout was -IIRC- 59k doubloons not 35k: 24k for boosters and 35k for all remaining phases. I thought whaling was banned world-wide, but its not that kind of whaling. Sad.

Anyway... Special IJN commanders without enhanced Expert Marksman are basically worth 0 after rework. I kind of always expected to see Tanaka Raizo for his exploits with Tokyo Express, one of very few high ranking officers which survived the WW2, but we won't get him.

There is one thing which I adore tho. Hyuga in Black Lacquer camo looks friggin EPIC! Even if I won't play WoWs I'll most likely get the ship with that camo.  So sweet! Yes there are still little things I can get excited in WoWs.

For the record: I still despise Commander skills calamitous rework.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,797 posts
14,483 battles
11 hours ago, gopher31 said:

15 minutes ago, CaptainKreutzer said:

Pay to Rico was actually around 50 k doubloons...

The cheapest way to whale directly to it was 24k dubloons worth of boosters and then 35k dubloons to finish it off.

So, 59k dubloons.

That said, 48k dubloons for this DD is atrocious.

Players
232 posts
7,892 battles
1 minute ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

That said, 48k dubloons for this DD is atrocious.

It isn't that bad, Like we can grind up to 19 stage and then buy 20,21 and 22 for 6,600 dubloons. Basically T7 premium price for good T9 DD.

For whales it maybe bad for them.

• Cool 1

Players
1,147 posts

I can't find anyone with a good word for these destroyers (Well anyone I'd listen to Nowadays), Another Dockyard event missed then, Oh Well... The other stuff looks fairly interesting though and the IJN captains will be welcome IMO.

Players
828 posts
3,739 battles

Gosh, are these camos ugly... Luckily, I pass dockyards. The only nice thing about these events is they are usually nice to watch. Other than that only really good / committed players can pass the tasks easily, or players who are willingly cashing in a lot. It is too much of a time-pressured and stressful grind for me and I do not support such an approach. Up to now, all those dockyard ships have become more or less irrelevant, so additionally there is also no real reason to grind to me. In combination with loot boxes, early access with paywalls for tech tree ships I think WG might be going a worthwile way, but a rather doubtful one.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,797 posts
14,483 battles
15 minutes ago, CaptainKreutzer said:

It isn't that bad, Like we can grind up to 19 stage and then buy 20,21 and 22 for 6,600 dubloons. Basically T7 premium price for good T9 DD.

For whales it maybe bad for them.

"Normal" price for a tier 9 is 19,300 dubloons
This one costs 48,000 dubloons (probably less with a starter bundle) for a t9 DD plus a pile of camos/signals and some other resources that are not worth 30k dubloons combined.

Alternatively it costs 6,600 dubloons and 30 hours of play. Thats £18.50 and 30 hours for something worth £54. Or in other words, the equivilent of earning £1.18 an hour.

If you don't like the idea of playing to earn your free ZF-6 at a rate of £1 an hour you can just buy it outright... for £135.

[AMASS]
[AMASS]
Beta Tester
144 posts
On 3/11/2021 at 7:36 PM, K82J said:

Since i cannot get Yamamoto as a PVE player. But thats just me.....

You CAN get Yamamoto by just completing the PvE Tasks

(Tasks 8 and 9 in Missions 1-3; 9 and 10 in Mission 4; 11 and 12 in Mission 5; and all the Final Tasks can be completed in Co-op).

It's a grind, but you can do it.

• Cool 1

[BIF]
Players
408 posts
5,690 battles
3 hours ago, PoetRaptor said:

You CAN get Yamamoto by just completing the PvE Tasks

(Tasks 8 and 9 in Missions 1-3; 9 and 10 in Mission 4; 11 and 12 in Mission 5; and all the Final Tasks can be completed in Co-op).

It's a grind, but you can do it.

Thank you very much  :Smile_honoring:. I completely missed that. Last time i checked, all options was PVP ( or i might remember wrong, since it was months ago i looked at that campaign ).

[AMASS]
[AMASS]
Beta Tester
144 posts
7 hours ago, K82J said:

Last time i checked, all options was PVP ( or i might remember wrong, since it was months ago i looked at that campaign ).

I'm sure you're right that the Yamamoto Campaign used to be PvP only.

I'm not sure exactly when WG put in the Co-op options, but I noticed them about when the Jerzy Swirski Campaign was removed.

Players
430 posts

The German line has so few advantages that they even listed the shitty torps as the best weapon against BBs:Smile_trollface:. The smoke is also a "unique" feature that it was mentioned

So much more could have been done. A heal and a bit more armor with a lil buff to the reload was necessary, when smoke was not. What did we get?? Smoke. And that to for the cost of the only bit of utility this line had. Good job WG. U have taken away my interest from a line of my favourite nation. U succeeded WG in making urself look even more unwilling to listen to feedback from the community

• Cool 1

Players
99 posts
13,018 battles
On 3/11/2021 at 9:38 PM, koliber_1984 said:

And yet hundreds of ZF-6's will sail happily in the game on day 1. Rich basstards.

And yet hundreds of ZF-6's will sail happily in the game on day 1. Rich Sad basstards.

[FAILS]
Players
665 posts
21,492 battles

Like many others I thought that the new German DDs looked quite underwhelming. I was curious what the current stats have to say about that, so I compared what I feel are very similar ships for old and new German DDs at tiers 7 and 8 (mainly due to having the same guns, as well as historically being from closely related or even the same class of ships anyway). All the stats are gathered from the WoWs Fitting Tool.

First, a look at Z-39 and Z-31 at tier 7 (model wise Z-31 actually seem to be identical because WG once again couldn't be bothered to adjust the model to reflect the actual Z-31 and took Z-39 instead).

Survivability: almost identical health pool, with a negligible 200 hp advantage for Z-39. Z-31 has some 25 mm armour in the middle, which can shatter small calibre HE shells (i.e. from most DD guns), but is also more likely to arm DD and cruiser AP, so it's not purely an advantage.

Maneuverability: identical, apart from 0.3 s faster rudder for Z-31.

Guns: identical, but 300 m more range on Z-39, while Z-31 has better accuracy and AP ricochet angles.

Torpedoes: identical layout, but huge advantage for Z-39 with 1.5 km more range, 20s faster reload, plus a bit more speed and damage.

AA: Z-39 has stronger mid range aura, Z-31 stronger short range aura, which means advantage Z-39. Both are helpless against carriers.

Concealment: Standard concealment is better on Z-31, but since Z-39 can mount the tier 8 module, she has a 200 m advantage, both from sea and air.

Consumables: Z-39 has smoke, hydro and speed boost, while Z-31 only gets smoke. That smoke lasts a bit longer than the "normal" German DD smoke, but overall still a massive advantage for Z-39.

Now two tier 8s, Z-23 and Gustav Julius Maerker.

Survivability: Maerker has 2800 more HP and some 25 mm armour, so advantage for her (although she is also larger and thus theoretically easier to hit).

Maneuverability: Clear advantage Z-23 in all categories (1 kn faster, tighter turning radius and 1 s faster rudder).

Guns: Same type and number of guns. Maerker hast 0.2 s faster reload, 1 km of extra range, as well as better accuracy and AP ricochet angles, so advantage for her.

Torpedoes: same number of torpedoes, but with different layouts (Maerker has one twin launcher on each side in addition to the center line mounted quad launcher). Same reload, but apart from that Z-23 is far superior: 2.5 km more range, 5 kn extra speed and a bit more damage.

AA: almost identical mid range aura, but stronger short range aura on Maerker, so advantage for the new ship. Both are CV food.

Concealment: advantage Z-23, 200 m better from the sea, and well over half a kilometre from the air.

Consumables: same as with the tier 7s, Maerker hast a longer duration on the smoke, but Z-23 has all the tools. Advantage for the old girl.

Without ever having even seen any of the new DDs played and by purely looking at the stats, my feeling that the new DDs are weak and do not have a real role seems to be confirmed. Essentially you trade slightly improved gun performance and survivablilty for everything else (torpedoes, maneuverability, concealment and utility). Of course there can be changes in the future, but I won't hold my breath.

• Cool 1

[BATES]
Players
1,011 posts
13,159 battles

Can someone explain the "daily shipments"? Will this change the daily/monthly missions or is something added on top?

[ZEN]
Players
1,405 posts
14,627 battles
3 minutes ago, Aetius85 said:

Can someone explain the "daily shipments"? Will this change the daily/monthly missions or is something added on top?

It replaces the free bundles in the Armoury at the start of the patch, I think...

[BATES]
Players
1,011 posts
13,159 battles
8 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

It replaces the free bundles in the Armoury at the start of the patch, I think...

Nice, I hope too is this, collecting bundles in armory every day is annoying

[ZEN]
Players
1,405 posts
14,627 battles

Just found out that the removal of hull modules at the bottom of the information is gonna upset a group of players that like to use historically accurate hulls on their ships not the fantasy refitted ones WG invented.

Had a look on the PTS and WG didn't remove the intermediary hulls on the low tier ships but the stock ones:Smile_facepalm:, so the only visual change between the 2 hulls is a few AA guns are different, gone are the WW1 Hulls for König and Bayern, as are the single 203mm guns from the Furutaka...

So expect a T4 premium Furutaka and König with the old hull and a T5 Bayern in WW1 config in the future...

• Cool 2

Players
430 posts
On 3/24/2021 at 8:18 PM, BruceRKF said:

Like many others I thought that the new German DDs looked quite underwhelming. I was curious what the current stats have to say about that, so I compared what I feel are very similar ships for old and new German DDs at tiers 7 and 8 (mainly due to having the same guns, as well as historically being from closely related or even the same class of ships anyway). All the stats are gathered from the WoWs Fitting Tool.

First, a look at Z-39 and Z-31 at tier 7 (model wise Z-31 actually seem to be identical because WG once again couldn't be bothered to adjust the model to reflect the actual Z-31 and took Z-39 instead).

Survivability: almost identical health pool, with a negligible 200 hp advantage for Z-39. Z-31 has some 25 mm armour in the middle, which can shatter small calibre HE shells (i.e. from most DD guns), but is also more likely to arm DD and cruiser AP, so it's not purely an advantage.

Maneuverability: identical, apart from 0.3 s faster rudder for Z-31.

Guns: identical, but 300 m more range on Z-39, while Z-31 has better accuracy and AP ricochet angles.

Torpedoes: identical layout, but huge advantage for Z-39 with 1.5 km more range, 20s faster reload, plus a bit more speed and damage.

AA: Z-39 has stronger mid range aura, Z-31 stronger short range aura, which means advantage Z-39. Both are helpless against carriers.

Concealment: Standard concealment is better on Z-31, but since Z-39 can mount the tier 8 module, she has a 200 m advantage, both from sea and air.

Consumables: Z-39 has smoke, hydro and speed boost, while Z-31 only gets smoke. That smoke lasts a bit longer than the "normal" German DD smoke, but overall still a massive advantage for Z-39.

Now two tier 8s, Z-23 and Gustav Julius Maerker.

Survivability: Maerker has 2800 more HP and some 25 mm armour, so advantage for her (although she is also larger and thus theoretically easier to hit).

Maneuverability: Clear advantage Z-23 in all categories (1 kn faster, tighter turning radius and 1 s faster rudder).

Guns: Same type and number of guns. Maerker hast 0.2 s faster reload, 1 km of extra range, as well as better accuracy and AP ricochet angles, so advantage for her.

Torpedoes: same number of torpedoes, but with different layouts (Maerker has one twin launcher on each side in addition to the center line mounted quad launcher). Same reload, but apart from that Z-23 is far superior: 2.5 km more range, 5 kn extra speed and a bit more damage.

AA: almost identical mid range aura, but stronger short range aura on Maerker, so advantage for the new ship. Both are CV food.

Concealment: advantage Z-23, 200 m better from the sea, and well over half a kilometre from the air.

Consumables: same as with the tier 7s, Maerker hast a longer duration on the smoke, but Z-23 has all the tools. Advantage for the old girl.

Without ever having even seen any of the new DDs played and by purely looking at the stats, my feeling that the new DDs are weak and do not have a real role seems to be confirmed. Essentially you trade slightly improved gun performance and survivablilty for everything else (torpedoes, maneuverability, concealment and utility). Of course there can be changes in the future, but I won't hold my breath.

you need to edit the torpedo part coz these DDs have sea mines now

[DKMNL]
Players
75 posts
1,935 battles

@YabbaCoe

Could you please provide an overview in English of ALL new rewards as shown below in the Update Daily Shipments as the presentation is only in Russian.

Updated Daily Shipments. They will become available at the beginning of each month and include 24 rewards. The interface has also been updated, and the Daily Shipments themselves has been renamed to "Daily Rewards".

phpkKlcpL

[DKMNL]
Players
75 posts
1,935 battles

@YabbaCoe

We currently are dealing with recurring daily combat missions, which have impact on the monthly missions as shown below. Are the rewards changed with my above mentioned post (i.e. 1200 Research Bureau tokens,  2 free slots, etc)?

image.thumb.png.e320ba72fea8bb281de20ede2cb2d425.png

[SWN]
Players
169 posts
8,285 battles

Dockyard, early acces to germand DD..

Yawn, like with any new shipline introduction or dockyard ship...Couldn't care less. 

Like with any Dockyard event really couldn't give a F. not even gonna open the Dockyard for it. 

They should call the dockyard the Whale-milking-yard. 

These early acces events is just WG turning the monetisation up to 11. It's pure greed. Don't get me wrong if people want to spend money on it, fine you are free to do whatever. 

But I find it very predatory behaviour from WG and quite despicable.

Sign in to follow this