Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_RUBO_

ranked system crap..

56 comments in this topic

[SIFIR]
Players
2 posts
7,042 battles
You have created an unfair competitive environment. 5dd -- 4dd minumum 3dd al game.. this is a not world of warships   this is  world of ddship. use this name
- afk in game i lose star.. why???
beacuse ur ranked system crap. 

u should changhe this useless system.. many friends stop playing ranked because its a cancer games.. 

promotoin for golden league need 7 star without any losing..imposible wins stars.  realy its crap your ranked games..

if you don't want to give steel your community just stop cancer system.. 

• Funny 8
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[NWP]
Players
3,526 posts
17,881 battles

Honestly, if you can't deal with DDs you are probably playing the wrong class. 

As for being afk: you should get banned from ranked for a week. Why on earth would you queue up for a ranked game and then not play that game?

It's a 7 vs 7, so one player less has a huge impact on the game.

As for not getting steel, I get my steel all right in Bronze league. Costs me about 20 games in 2 weeks for my 600 steel. 

Easiest steel I ever got.

• Cool 4

[CHEFT]
Players
12,440 posts
9,841 battles

If WG would remove the 3BB hardcap per team, every game would have 6 BBs (in ranked) and 10BBs in randoms... We have like 43-44% BBs on hightiers, so one class is making up for almost 50% of the population, while 3 others make up the other half.
We are playing World of Battleships aka WoBBs

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
30,129 posts
15,452 battles
41 minutes ago, _RUBO_ said:

You have created an unfair competitive environment. 5dd -- 4dd minumum 3dd al game.. this is a not world of warships   this is  world of ddship. use this name
beacuse ur ranked system crap. 

u should changhe this useless system.. many friends stop playing ranked because its a cancer games.. 

promotoin for golden league need 7 star without any losing..imposible wins stars.  realy its crap your ranked games..

if you don't want to give steel your community just stop cancer system.. 

• cannot deal with DD, but wants to play ranked :Smile_amazed:
  • even complaints about Gold League without mastering the basics first...
  • stays AFK and wants to keep his star; for what? For sabotaging your team?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
1,994 posts
12,589 battles
43 minutes ago, _RUBO_ said:

1. you can lose but you have to top perform to keep a star

2. if you can not progress and pass the qualification because you are simply not good enough, then kudos to WG, the system seem to work

• Cool 1

[CRU_]
Players
384 posts
9,871 battles

Reading it as a non native English speaker I would assume he was not saying when he was AFK but when there was an AFK on his team.

Players
1,994 posts
12,589 battles

What i agree with however is, that playing objectives in Ranked should be rewarded. Look at my most recent Ranked game.

Spoiler

7SyeG06.jpg

eZptZ9U.jpg

I have 3 solo caps, the only caps taken in the game, the enemy team never got a cap. After that i defended the caps and i also spotted for the team and helped killing their only radar cruiser. But as you can see, winning the game more or less much single-handedly is not rewarded. If my team had played a bit more stupid and threw it, i would have not kept my star for playing exactly into my role as DD. That Stalingrad was most of the game at the 1 and 2 line, not even supporting the caps with radar.

Solo caps should give an flat XP bonus, something like 150 to 200 XP. Assisted caps 75 to 100 XP. Risking the ship, playing the objectives and putting your team in a winning position, yet those in the back farming damage and then dying get rewarded. Even with a flat 150 XP bonus per solo cap i would not lead the scoreboard, but have to take the biggest risk for the team. This is how screwed up the XP system is in Ranked.

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
Players
2,954 posts
10,604 battles
3 hours ago, _RUBO_ said:

f you don't want to give steel your community just stop cancer system..

You have to earn it. It isnt given.

• Cool 3

[SVX]
Players
1,360 posts
15,941 battles
4 hours ago, _RUBO_ said:

he eaven admits it ! can we use this and get a ban on him?

• Bad 1

Players
1,994 posts
12,589 battles
1 hour ago, albin322 said:

he eaven admits it ! can we use this and get a ban on him?

Use some common sense please. He is talking about that he is losing a star, because he has AFKs on his team.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CRU_]
Players
384 posts
9,871 battles
1 hour ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

What i agree with however is, that playing objectives in Ranked should be rewarded. Look at my most recent Ranked game.

Reveal hidden contents

7SyeG06.jpg

eZptZ9U.jpg

I have 3 solo caps, the only caps taken in the game, the enemy team never got a cap. After that i defended the caps and i also spotted for the team and helped killing their only radar cruiser. But as you can see, winning the game more or less much single-handedly is not rewarded. If my team had played a bit more stupid and threw it, i would have not kept my star for playing exactly into my role as DD. That Stalingrad was most of the game at the 1 and 2 line, not even supporting the caps with radar.

Solo caps should give an flat XP bonus, something like 150 to 200 XP. Assisted caps 75 to 100 XP. Risking the ship, playing the objectives and putting your team in a winning position, yet those in the back farming damage and then dying get rewarded. Even with a flat 150 XP bonus per solo cap i would not lead the scoreboard, but have to take the biggest risk for the team. This is how screwed up the XP system is in Ranked.

WG haven't a clue about good game design. Their ranked system is trash. Recently i got a new GPU (my old one flatlined) so i've been playing well designed PvP games the last few months again. Just tonight I had back to back Apex legends ranked wins. I'm rusty as all hell, so that was in Gold tier, i was a master before my card died, and it will take a while to get my aim zeroed in again, but individual skill is what gets rewarded in their ranked system, despite it heavily being a team game. Winning just get's you a massive points boost, how you perform in the battle is what counts. Then again it is by far more a skill game than WG's RNG dice roll farce, so it's focus is on giving you points for your individual play. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,994 posts
12,589 battles
1 hour ago, zengaze said:

WG haven't a clue about good game design. Their ranked system is trash. Recently i got a new GPU (my old one flatlined) so i've been playing well designed PvP games the last few months again. Just tonight I had back to back Apex legends ranked wins. I'm rusty as all hell, so that was in Gold tier, i was a master before my card died, and it will take a while to get my aim zeroed in again, but individual skill is what gets rewarded in their ranked system, despite it heavily being a team game. Winning just get's you a massive points boost, how you perform in the battle is what counts. Then again it is by far more a skill game than WG's RNG dice roll farce, so it's focus is on giving you points for your individual play. 

Well, it used to be different and caps got a cropton of XP. So much so, that it was nearly impossible for anything but DDs to save a star on a loss. But WG only know the sledgehammer method. Instead to finetune the XP for ranked, they just crapped the XP bonus and turned it into an XP multiplier. Means you have to deal a huge amount of damage on top of capping, so the cap XP multiplier kicks in and raises the base XP. For Randoms this is okay, because there is usually enough HP to farm, but in reduced teams with most of them sitting back or running away, it's very hard for a DD to get decent XP. Especially that DDs often hang around caps and fight over caps and have no time to run to the enemy spawn where the juicy targets hide and farm damage.

As i said, look at the screenshots. Even a solo cap would give 150 to 200 XP as bonus, it still would not be enough with 3 solo caps plus a kill and defend ribbons, let alone spotting for the team, to lead the scoreboard. Having maps that require playing objectives to win, but then not rewarding doing exactly this just sucks.

• Cool 1

Players
1,397 posts
22,473 battles

You wanna know why I tend to play DD in ranked? 

Bcs most BBs act like clueless puppies!

Giving up sector control, hiding, camping behind the spawn, Yoloing in... etc. 

No wonder ppl pick DDs desperately trying compensate for your clueless play. From my experice you find one good BB player in 5 Matches of ranked. 

Its such a cheap and easy and lazy class to play: Stay back and go shooty shoot and blame the team for no spotting and the loss of mapcontrol. 

Pathetic... like the initial post. 

• Cool 6

[ALYEN]
Players
2,381 posts
4,220 battles
13 hours ago, zengaze said:

omg ... where to start ... you are comparing two completely different games !!! It's like concluding that a Chess league is far better for individuals than a soccer game !!! of course it is, a soccer team has 11 members and there's much less influence of a single individual while in chess it's only one person per side ....

• Bad 1

Players
192 posts
12,090 battles
22 hours ago, _RUBO_ said:

afk in game i lose star.. why??? 

Because lazy players should not be rewarded for acting like they do?

This is what happens when WG allows children to play their games.

If you mean your teammates going afk, that's almost every game for every team and the reason i don't play any ranked. Suck it up and move on or grow a pair and stop playing that mode?. 

Edited by But_Can_You_Meme
Language and politeness

Players
4,355 posts
5,687 battles

Can this 2nd sprint of new season Ranked be anyhow worse? This is the most, utter, super duper retard Ranked I have ever seen.

Im the only one that trying to win the game next to all those retard suicidal maniacs that rush into death in first 2 minute of battle, and Bots and DDs that hug line 10 instead of capping or spotting.

I end up with defeat streak. Yesterday 5 defeats today +3 defeat in streak AND I end up REPORTED??!!

Some of those r3tards in this game really should uninstal this game and stop playing :Smile_facepalm: You know how bad situation is when you can't get even faking Steel from Ranked, not to mention doubloons...

This game is not on her bottom. It broke the bottom and end up under 500 tons of sh!t under another bottom.

Ranked is big pile of dogsh!t.

• Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,440 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Ranked is big pile of dogsh!t.

I blame the 1x1 Brawl for that...

It was totaly fine before that started, and now its a complete mess. I guess all the people who try to actually play went into the 1x1, leaving the yolo bots behind to "farm" steel.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,526 posts
17,881 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

It was totaly fine before that started, and now its a complete mess. I guess all the people who try to actually play went into the 1x1, leaving the yolo bots behind to "farm" steel.

That bad? Hmmm, pity, cause I still need to complete these italian missions

Players
4,355 posts
5,687 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think i'll quit this Ranked and fak off with Steel and Doubloons, because this is beyond any words... I can't express anymore my opinion about quality of this current Ranked. I'm literally speechless now.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,440 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, 159Hunter said:

That bad? Hmmm, pity, cause I still need to complete these italian missions

Ask @ForlornSailor regarding an iowa he met twice today in ranked :cap_haloween:

[CRU_]
Players
384 posts
9,871 battles
2 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

omg ... where to start ... you are comparing two completely different games !!! It's like concluding that a Chess league is far better for individuals than a soccer game !!! of course it is, a soccer team has 11 members and there's much less influence of a single individual while in chess it's only one person per side ....

I was sure the point would be easily understood. Apparently not. WeeGee's ranked model can be directly compared to Apex's. You earn points (XP) through your individual play which is then subject to a multiplier. If you play well, you will earn rank points and naturally progress up the rank ladder. WOWs rank model is basic binary [edited]. Changing the system to an individual performance metric, would see good players progress regardless of whether or not their team is full of potatoes, and would keep bad players at the rank they belong. But that is why WeeGee won't adopt the model, they currently can reward crap players for grinding rank out. They want crap players to keep grinding. That is their business model.

Sign in to follow this