Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

4 comments in this topic

Players
486 posts
2,553 battles

So I have a really annoying audio bug in the game that has persisted through a couple of patches now and wonder if anyone else has encountered it and if so know a way to solve it?

The issue is that some audio cues seem to randomly fail or refuse to play. Notably the sound of torpedoes/bombs hitting islands which to be fair isn't a massive deal as it's not that often it happens (although silent 1000 pound bombs is really weird)

What is a massive deal for me however is that the response from other Captains aka. "Thanks", "Provide AA fire support" etc. doesn't play. This and all Squadron voice lines for CV's (Landing, launching, Under AA fire, attacking etc.) refuse to work.

The weird one here being that with CV's the first time I start an attack run with any of the CV squadrons the squadron calls out as normal "Beginning attack run" however all subsequent attack runs are then performed by mutes.

All other voice lines work as far as I can tell.

I have tried playing around with the in game audio settings to no avail, uninstalled Mermaids Wrath voice pack as I figured that might have been the issue and even spent 3 hours re-installing the entire game and wiping all traces of it from my PC but to no avail.

Has anyone else had this issue? I checked the forums and have seen some people on the NA one make reference to something similar but they couldn't solve it and the thread is over a year old now.

Halp please

Anime Beg GIFs | Tenor

• Cool 1

Players
382 posts
18,583 battles

It has something to do with surround sounds in game and how some drivers are handling them. I recently bought Logitech G Pro X headset and started to suffer from this exact matter.

Problem with my headset seems to be that the 7.1 system cannot be turned off really, even when one manually disables it from G Hub. It still is on from windows preferences and there one will not simply find any other option, but 7.1. IF you have an option to make your audio output source to be a two-channel stereo, that will solve your problem. For some reason, for example the quick commands (f3 etc) are played through the ”mid channel” and therefore is not played at all or with very little volume.

This all was effed up few updates ago.

• Cool 1

Players
486 posts
2,553 battles
19 hours ago, Paimentaja said:

It has something to do with surround sounds in game and how some drivers are handling them. I recently bought Logitech G Pro X headset and started to suffer from this exact matter.

Problem with my headset seems to be that the 7.1 system cannot be turned off really, even when one manually disables it from G Hub. It still is on from windows preferences and there one will not simply find any other option, but 7.1. IF you have an option to make your audio output source to be a two-channel stereo, that will solve your problem. For some reason, for example the quick commands (f3 etc) are played through the ”mid channel” and therefore is not played at all or with very little volume.

This all was effed up few updates ago.

Thanks for the advice. :cap_like:

Unfortunately after playing around with it most of today and have tried turning off surround sound on my Steel Series Arctis Pro/Game DAC (and ran into your issue that Windows greys out the option to change it via the system to Stereo) I'm still stuck with only partial sounds.

So figured if it was my headphones I might be able to get it to work with another audio source so tried to bypass the whole 7.1 thing by going with an old pair of headphones I used to use in game and had no issue with last year. Still have the problem with them (grrr... Now I feel like the game is taunting me)

So though b***er this, I'll use my TV stereo SPEAKERS (shudders) 

Still can't hear my pilots speak (outside of the first attack run...sometimes) or explosions.

@MrConway

@YabbaCoe

@WarGaming, any ideas?

• Cool 1

Players
382 posts
18,583 battles
3 hours ago, DeviousDave02 said:

Thanks for the advice. :cap_like:

Unfortunately after playing around with it most of today and have tried turning off surround sound on my Steel Series Arctis Pro/Game DAC (and ran into your issue that Windows greys out the option to change it via the system to Stereo) I'm still stuck with only partial sounds.

So figured if it was my headphones I might be able to get it to work with another audio source so tried to bypass the whole 7.1 thing by going with an old pair of headphones I used to use in game and had no issue with last year. Still have the problem with them (grrr... Now I feel like the game is taunting me)

So though b***er this, I'll use my TV stereo SPEAKERS (shudders) 

Still can't hear my pilots speak (outside of the first attack run...sometimes) or explosions.

@MrConway

@YabbaCoe

@WarGaming, any ideas?

I tracked this down to be game related issue with the drivers; I manually removed all audio drivers, manually installed a generic USB drivers for this hardware only and then the sounds are working ok, but only for sometime. If windows manages to install the actual drivers during gameplay, issue comes back.

I tried too switching back to my old headset but had to remove the old drivers manually. For some reason the game is still on 7.1 mode and cannot be adjusted from anywhere. I never had this issue before with my old headset, this started in Jan-Feb with the new headset. I contacted Logitech support several times but as we can see here, it is not brand related rather than the game interaction with surround headset and / or drivers.

I wonder how many other players have this issue...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this