Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
leonport

When will manual secondary get a buff?

37 comments in this topic

[TEPES]
Players
226 posts
4,911 battles

So after wg decided to nuke manual secondary aim bonus from 60% to 35%, secondary on ships that aren't american or german became basically obsolite(like french secondary builds,shikishima secondary build) and i heard nothing from wg to adress this issue.

Currently the nerf for manual secondaries made  full secondary builds half as accurate, secondary accuracy was around 30% now its 15%,i think even wg realised at this point that secondaries that aren't german or usn premium are hot garbage.

and the "BUFFS" we got for secondaries didn't make up at all for the huge aim nerf that secondaries got.

Question to wg:will you make secondaries as good as they were before the rework or non premium usn or german secondaries remain nerfed and dead forever?

• Cool 6

Players
61 posts
6,269 battles

I'd like a manual secondary buff too, maybe add some reload or the ability to heal secondaries if Weegee don't want more accuracy. 

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles

They will need to analyze data for 6 months before giving a 2% buff to accuracy probably. 

But it's ok, because the rework added many different options of gameplay... oh wait...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[VELOS]
Players
198 posts
2,584 battles

mmmmmm....                            never                      

????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,152 posts
14,648 battles
1 hour ago, KommodorevonKlein said:

as we say in france, they will do it when the chickens will have teeth.

I just saw a pig fly past my window.......

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,023 posts
12,633 battles

Why do you need a secondary build in first place? Game too hard, so you need the AI play the game for you? Secondaries are a fun gimmick, should be good to occasionally reset a cap or maybe sometimes set a fire, but a build to allow the AI to play the game for you should NOT have the capability to shred other ships without interaction from the player. If this should be the case, then yeah make secondaries like they were before, but when secondaries are manually set to a target, disable the main battery. Because why should it be possible that your ship kills enemy ships around you, while you can 100% focus on another target with your main guns? This concept is just as stupid as CVs in the game - and BTW, so is the overmatch mechanic. 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Secondary builds can't be obsolete because they were never good, even germans and american premiums. Germans got a 25% accuracy buff baked in with the rework for those who insist.

• Funny 2

[TEPES]
Players
226 posts
4,911 battles
31 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Why do you need a secondary build in first place? Game too hard, so you need the AI play the game for you? Secondaries are a fun gimmick, should be good to occasionally reset a cap or maybe sometimes set a fire, but a build to allow the AI to play the game for you should NOT have the capability to shred other ships without interaction from the player. If this should be the case, then yeah make secondaries like they were before, but when secondaries are manually set to a target, disable the main battery. Because why should it be possible that your ship kills enemy ships around you, while you can 100% focus on another target with your main guns? This concept is just as stupid as CVs in the game - and BTW, so is the overmatch mechanic. 

Secondary builds require skill in the same way auto attack champions require in moba's, secondary builds require the most skill due to the fact that its really hard to survive in close range with bbs and you need very good situational awereness to not to die very fast  and its even harder to survive if you sacrifice 8+ points to for your secondary.You just hate secondaries and thats fine, not everybody has to love them,and some people doesn't understand that what you need to sacrifice for your secondary armament to be functional.

• Cool 1

[TEPES]
Players
226 posts
4,911 battles
29 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Secondary builds can't be obsolete because they were never good, even germans and american premiums. Germans got a 25% accuracy buff baked in with the rework for those who insist.

secondary builds were a fun and balanced alternative to tank builds and many people loved to play them and wg decide to nerf this build and the base accuracy buff still doesn't make up for the manual secondary nerf,german secondary accuracy was around 30% before rework and now it is around 20% ,besides german bbs that have 105mm secondaries like pommern that really benefit a lot from ifhe germans ships like odin,G.K received a nerf too

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
564 posts
14,211 battles
11 hours ago, leonport said:

So after wg decided to nuke manual secondary aim bonus from 60% to 35%, secondary on ships that aren't american or german became basically obsolite(like french secondary builds,shikishima secondary build) and i heard nothing from wg to adress this issue.

Currently the nerf for manual secondaries made  full secondary builds half as accurate, secondary accuracy was around 30% now its 15%,i think even wg realised at this point that secondaries that aren't german or usn premium are hot garbage.

and the "BUFFS" we got for secondaries didn't make up at all for the huge aim nerf that secondaries got.

Question to wg:will you make secondaries as good as they were before the rework or non premium usn or german secondaries remain nerfed and dead forever?

Nerfing secondaries as in general a huge buff for the ship, so I hope we see further increase in cost of secondary related skills, and accuracy decreased do around 10% buff for at lease 15 points invested.

• Funny 2

Players
2,023 posts
12,633 battles
37 minutes ago, leonport said:

You just hate secondaries and thats fine, not everybody has to love them,and some people doesn't understand that what you need to sacrifice for your secondary armament to be functional.

Looking at your stats let me assume, that this is the only playstyle you know - well, secondary BBs and CVs. You press W and hope for the best, aka the secondaries do the work for you. You have a survivability rate of 26% in your last 100 games, mostly Shikishima games, and an overall survivability rate of 37%. Both is terrible and shows anything but the situational awareness you talked about. Your K/D ratio is also below 1, which is anything but good for high tier BBs. So at least i understand where you are coming from.

In the same way you hope secondaries get buffed, in the same way i hope they leave it as is, because in my opinion should the player play the game and not the AI of the game.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 5

[TEPES]
Players
226 posts
4,911 battles
13 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Looking at your stats let me assume, that this is the only playstyle you know - well, secondary BBs and CVs. You press W and hope for the best, aka the secondaries do the work for you. You have a survivability rate of 26% in your last 100 games, mostly Shikishima games, and an overall survivability rate of 37%. Both is terrible and shows anything but the situational awareness you talked about. Your K/D ratio is also below 1, which is anything but good for high tier BBs. So at least i understand where you are coming from.

In the same way you hope secondaries get buffed, in the same way i hope they leave it as is, because in my opinion should the player play the game and not the AI of the game.

Stat shaming, how nice of you :) And no i know how to play other bb play stlyes but i don't like playing like a total selfish mf and farm dmg from 20km.

Do you actually think survivability rate is what defines a good bb and a bad bb player?If you think so you should play another 10k games so you will understand the concept of pushing and helping your team instead of farming dmg in your thunderer 20km away and making sure you tank 0 dmg and you are the last one to go down hugging a border to increase your survivability rate.And you played nearly 0 games in secondary ships so you have no idea how much game knowledge it takes to play these builds at max efficency, its like a hardcore bb main saying dds require 0 skill to play because torpedoes have aim assist 

• Cool 4

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
1 hour ago, leonport said:

secondary builds were a fun and balanced alternative

Not saying they weren't fun, they were just never any good. If AI controlled guns going pew pew is fun, the rework didn't change that.

• Funny 2

[SHAD]
Players
3,605 posts
14,671 battles

I used to have battles where fire and secondary damage in my GK would be higher than main gun damage. In other games I would get no hits.

My Ohio had (embarrassingly) a higher hit rate than my main guns at 40%.

I did enjoy carefully getting into position to pop out and melt a battleship at close range.

I never have much faith in them hitting destroyers as they cannot preempt  maneuovres. However, secondaries and hydro combined to give destroyers something to think about.

The skill in using secondaries is in positioning and knowing where you can and cannot push.

I believe the changes WG made were to protect destroyers from secondaries. I think that’s a good move  but they are now close to useless. I would love to see them improved but I don’t think it will come. It looks like they will buff ships that might suffer in different ways.

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles
1 hour ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

His opinion about positioning and knowing when to push to efficiently use secondaries is valid. It's way more than using AI only like you say.

But at least we know the reason behind your clan name. You're so nice in how you say things.

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,058 posts
22,484 battles
4 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Looking at your stats let me assume, that this is the only playstyle you know - well, secondary BBs and CVs.

I've taken a look at @leonport's stats. He's a decent player in secondary BBs and this shows he knows what he's talking about.

4 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

You press W and hope for the best, aka the secondaries do the work for you.

If you had bothered beyond going for a cheap shot ad hominem, you'd notice that he knows how to use his main guns. But that's not what you're going for, you want to diminish his standing by denigrating him.

The remainder of your post is just empty logorrhea and not an argument.

PS: I've taken a look at your stats, you don't play secondary focused ships, so you are talking about things you have little understanding of.

• Cool 6

[XTREM]
Players
2,082 posts
15,284 battles

There's a bunch of clueless people in here and it's not the OP.

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
834 posts
6,202 battles

Them being nerfed is probably by design. I mean, submarines are coming, and you as a player are shooting at some dot or something instead of a ship model, but secondary battery wouldn't care. 

Players
2,023 posts
12,633 battles
11 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I've taken a look at @leonport's stats. He's a decent player in secondary BBs and this hows he knows what he's talking about.

If you had bothered beyond going for a cheap shot ad hominem, you'd notice that he knows how to use his main guns. But that's not what you're going for, you want to diminish his standing by denigrating him.

The remainder of your post is just empty logorrhea and not an argument.

PS: I've taken a look at your stats, you don't play secondary focused ships, so you are talking about things you have little understanding of.

So a sub-30% survival rate and a below one kill / game is good stats for you? In my book this is bad, especially for a BB main. And i think i know exactly what i'm talking about, because i had enough to do with and against secondaries. As i said, if he want the AI play the game for him fine. Then i like to have homing torps on my wishlist. Why use skill to land hit, when we can let the AI do the work?

1 hour ago, leonport said:

Stat shaming, how nice of you :)

I didn't stat SHAME you. Those stats are public and reflect your playstyle and play performance. Those stats are sometimes important to understand where someone is coming from. Like in your case, heavy BB main with almost exclusively playing secondary ships. This shows your extremely high death rate, your low kill rate and your main battery and secondary hit rate. Simple as that.

• Bad 3

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles
3 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

So a sub-30% survival rate and a below one kill / game is good stats for you? In my book this is bad, especially for a BB main. 

I would certainly not judge a battleship player by his survival rate. But if you do, that's fine, it just proves my point on how clueless you are.

5 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Why use skill to land hit, when we can let the AI do the work?

Did you even consider that skill is not only aiming your gun in this game? Once again, you just prove my point.

Please carry on.

• Cool 4

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,058 posts
22,484 battles
10 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

So a sub-30% survival rate and a below one kill / game is good stats for you?

Seeing as he has a good PR and decent win rate with a very good avg. damage, the answer is yes.  And the stat you want to look at is the K/D ratio, which is positive for him.

He has only 3000 random games and he's still better than the majority of players.

13 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

And i think i know exactly what i'm talking about, because i had enough to do with and against secondaries.

On the receiving end, perhaps.

14 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Then i like to have homing torps on my wishlist.

I have no problem with that, of course it's only fair that you sacrifice the overwhelming majority of DD skills for them, just like secondary builds do with BB skills. So when you get spotted you'd be dead in an instant.

And to balance it out, the torpedoes will only have 30% damage of the unguided ones or less.

• Cool 2

[SPURD]
Players
834 posts
6,202 battles
21 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Why use skill to land hit, when we can let the AI do the work?

Well okay then, make a skill that lets the player actually aim and fire the secondary batteries and it's fine?

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this