You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gebbly

No Destroyer mode?

32 comments in this topic

[FMJ]
Players
178 posts

Just had an odd conversation during a tier 6 CoOp game. One of the battleship players was swearing at the match-maker because it had once again put him in a match with 3 destroyers (I was in an Icarus). They were rather annoyed and suggested (in quite strong terms) :

1. There should be matches without any destroyers.

2. Destroyers should all go and fight in their own. destroyer only battles.

3. All they do is charge and kill the battleships. because they are cowards and too scared to fight enemy destroyers.

I had been spotting an enemy battleship for him as we were the only 2 at the north of the map. I figured maybe he wasnt getting any kills so sailed south and left him to fight the bot battleship. Wierdly he sailed right past the enemy battleship and killed it but then sat in the enemy cap doing nothing the rest of the match.

I had always thought battleships wanted destroyers to push forward so they had vision. Hopefully he will stay in CoOp, I dont think he would enjoy Random.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[SM0KE]
Players
6,706 posts
15,193 battles
3 minutes ago, Gebbly said:

All they do is charge and kill the battleships. because they are cowards and too scared to fight enemy destroyers.

Apparently, he credits WG's bots with rather more complex motivations than the rest of us do...?

I wonder if he realises that he really isn't doing anything to disabuse the rest of us of the stereotypes that we may hold about BB players.

• Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,756 posts
6,312 battles

Absolutely terrible idea. With nobody to spot it'd turn into a camp fest in no time flat.

• Funny 1

[THIR]
Players
944 posts
4,626 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

Absolutely terrible idea. With nobody to spot it'd turn into a camp fest in no time flat.

Implying current gameplay isn't already a campfest. Having a competent DD or not is almost irrelevant for the behaviour of the average BB player. They will shoot the angled BB 20km away regardless of what has popped up on the minimap.

• Cool 3

[R3B3L]
Players
564 posts
13,996 battles
19 minutes ago, Gebbly said:

Just had an odd conversation during a tier 6 CoOp game. One of the battleship players was swearing at the match-maker because it had once again put him in a match with 3 destroyers (I was in an Icarus). They were rather annoyed and suggested (in quite strong terms) :

2. Destroyers should all go and fight in their own. destroyer only battles.

3. All they do is charge and kill the battleships. because they are cowards and too scared to fight enemy destroyers.

I had been spotting an enemy battleship for him as we were the only 2 at the north of the map. I figured maybe he wasnt getting any kills so sailed south and left him to fight the bot battleship. Wierdly he sailed right past the enemy battleship and killed it but then sat in the enemy cap doing nothing the rest of the match.

I had always thought battleships wanted destroyers to push forward so they had vision. Hopefully he will stay in CoOp, I dont think he would enjoy Random.

How about a mode where Asashio can face ony enemy BBs and no carriers?

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,119 posts
Vor 23 Minuten, Gebbly sagte:

there are such coop matches, quite often in fact...

Vor 23 Minuten, Gebbly sagte:

if I play a DD in coop enemy bots are my first/prefered targets, they give the most xp...

Vor 24 Minuten, Gebbly sagte:

so they had vision.

bots open fire on max range and reveal themselfes as soon as possible, so imho spotting is not really an important task for DDs in coop

Beta Tester
3,573 posts
16,340 battles
1 hour ago, Gebbly said:

If you basically just want to play COOP without DDs, check out the "Training Room". You can even create your own enemy team there... 

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
14,564 battles
3 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

If you basically just want to play COOP without DDs, check out the "Training Room". You can even create your own enemy team there... 

Even for some players that would end up with a battle too hard for them to win.  Even if they stacked the odds.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
741 posts
2,146 battles

This could work.

12 BBs on one side, one ship on the other.

But, it's a CV whose rocket planes have been upgraded to launch Harpoons, short range version of course.

• Funny 1

Players
3,672 posts
14,325 battles

Imagine actually complainng about co-op. Which is the equivalent of a kiddies ball pit with padded protection everywhere. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,091 posts
9,541 battles
5 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

Imagine actually complainng about co-op. Which is the equivalent of a kiddies ball pit with padded protection everywhere. 

Wuuut. No.

Coop isnt Kiddy Mode.

Coop was Implemented Especially to Accomodate Casual Players doing Directives and Missions without Annoying the Try Hard Players in Random.

After all. Would you want me doing Missions in Random where I have to Set Fires in my Battleship and thus keep Shelling the Belt Armor of an Enemy with HE Shells to get as many Fires as Possible without causing Damage to him ? ^^

• Funny 1

[-DGH-]
[-DGH-]
Players
313 posts
3,210 battles

Conan the Destroyer says no.

conan-the-destroyer.gif

[SURFA]
Players
115 posts
6,757 battles

All of the classes have there share of special players.

• Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,787 posts
7,438 battles
3 hours ago, lafeel said:

I can do that in a CV for you :Smile_trollface:

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,626 posts
2 hours ago, Molly_Delaney said:

But, it's a CV whose rocket planes have been upgraded to launch Harpoons, short range version of course.

Gal, sometimes you are outright naughty... :Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

[TACHA]
Players
1,536 posts
17,352 battles

BBs don't like DDs in a Co-Op battle as it is very easy for the non bot DDs to yolo the bot BBs and therefore deprive the non bot BBs any damage. I can imagine that is going for targets in Naval Battles, this can be distressing which is why our clan, if one is going for a BB target, go in threes with only one scoring as this concentrates the numbers of BBs in one area and lessens the chance of multiple DDs. I am afraid we sometimes do the same with one DD and two BBs so the DD has something to kill! Never thought about complaining about Co-Op though!!

• Cool 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,626 posts
2 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

BBs don't like DDs in a Co-Op battle as it is very easy for the non bot DDs to yolo the bot BBs and therefore deprive the non bot BBs any damage. I can imagine that is going for targets in Naval Battles, this can be distressing which is why our clan, if one is going for a BB target, go in threes with only one scoring as this concentrates the numbers of BBs in one area and lessens the chance of multiple DDs. I am afraid we sometimes do the same with one DD and two BBs so the DD has something to kill! Never thought about complaining about Co-Op though!!

FTFY

• Funny 5

[THESO]
Players
4,851 posts

When I see BB main complaining I get this image in my head :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
2,375 posts
24,117 battles

Let me guess. Guy was on slow battleship and he can't do too much dmg? Well, it's widely known that Coops are dmg race and faster can eat more. He definitely shouldn't see how TX Coops looks with all Shimas and Klebers if he rides Vermont.

• Cool 1

Players
403 posts
5,442 battles

I thought the whole point of DDs was for the BBs to have someone to blame??? What would they do without them?

Anyway, you do get no DD matches from time to time, and FWIW i do think that BB free, and/or DD only matches could be a bit of a laugh.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,565 posts
22,154 battles
4 hours ago, lafeel said:

CoOp

Campfest...

Choose one of the two, as bots aren't really known for their camping ability...

:Smile_trollface:

On the other hand, whenever I do missions in a BB in CoOp there are occations that make me want to have a "no DD mode" option for CoOp. But usually I still get them missions done - even the "kill x ships.." ones - because there's so many potato DDs in CoOp who get a single suicide kill and go back to the harbour, leaving some targets for me in my BB to sink..

When I'm in a DD though...  :Smile_izmena::cap_rambo::Smile_medal::Smile_great:

• Cool 3

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Co-op, a how-to guide :

-Play it 3 times a year to do silly missions

-Play it with a fast ship that has fast-reloading torpedoes so you can yolo all the bots before the other DDs can.

-Stare at the battleship in wonder and amazement as he is there unironically playing the game mode without shooting anything because everything is dead in 180 seconds.
-Repeat until silly missions are finished