You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
demolicen

Battleship Odin

65 comments in this topic

[HEDIC]
Players
30 posts
1,115 battles

I know i am very late. But is there a chance that Odin will come again or what?

My work leaves me with little time to play sometime and i hate these timed event. If it would be okay if i could buy it after.

Hell if it cost more than to have builded it it still fine. The options to buy ships after event would be epic.

TL:DR  Will Odin come back in the furture?

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Dont think anyone knows, the only dockyard ship that remained available so far was pommern afaik, the others appear to be a one-time-thing. That said, most dockyard ships so far have been average, with Odin likely the worst one and pommern the best. Why not get pommern instead? Same style, same nation, much tankier, better matchmaking, better credit earner. It is not meta but it is good at what it does, odin is not meta and not good at what it does. If you want T8, Tirpitz is also way better than Odin

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,741 posts
6,296 battles
1 minute ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Dont think anyone knows, the only dockyard ship that remained available so far was pommern afaik, the others appear to be a one-time-thing. That said, most dockyard ships so far have been average, with Odin likely the worst one and pommern the best. Why not get pommern instead? Same style, same nation, much tankier, better matchmaking, better credit earner. It is not meta but it is good at what it does, odin is not meta and not good at what it does. If you want T8, Tirpitz is also way better than Odin

Um, Pommern was never a dockyard ship. The dockyard ships  are Puerto Rico, Anchorage, Odin and Hizen (and the upcoming ZF-6) none of which have been awailable outside of the  dockyard.

• Cool 5

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Um, Pommern was never a dockyard ship. The dockyard ships  are Puerto Rico, Anchorage, Odin and Hizen (and the upcoming ZF-6) none of which have been awailable outside of the  dockyard.

Ah yes, my bad. Anyway, point was, both pommern and tirpitz are so much better than odin its not even funny, OP should not be sad if he cant get Odin, he is not missing out on anything.

• Cool 2

Players
7,520 posts
245 battles
7 minutes ago, lafeel said:

ZF-6?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,741 posts
6,296 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

ZF-6?

It's in the dev blog. Basically it's a tier 9 German DD..And unlike the Z-44 a rather promising one at that.

• Cool 2

Players
7,520 posts
245 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

It's in the dev blog. Basically it's a tier 9 German DD..And unlike the Z-44 a rather promising one at that.

Very sexy 'w'/

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,741 posts
6,296 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

Very sexy 'w'/

Hardly surprising, it's a Le Hardi  class DD, only one of the sexiest DD's ever built. (the German "improvements" do nothing to improve her looks though must be said)

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,630 posts
11,470 battles

Just imagine the look on WeeGee employee's face when they find the numbers that non of their BBabies purchased the Dockyard combos for a DD :D

• Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,400 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, Humorpalanta said:

Just imagine the look on WeeGee employee's face when they find the numbers that non of their BBabies purchased the Dockyard combos for a DD :D

It's german :cap_win:

that alone will generate enough sales.

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,741 posts
6,296 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

It's german :cap_win:

that alone will generate enough sales.

If you want to be technical it's French with German "improvements".:Smile-_tongue:

[NECRO]
Players
2,622 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Humorpalanta sagte:

I'm sure their CV "can only do one thing at a time" customers won't let them down. :Smile_trollface:

[NECRO]
Players
2,622 posts
Gerade eben, lafeel sagte:

If you want to be technical it's French with German "improvements".:Smile-_tongue:

Like... a forward gear? :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 7

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,741 posts
6,296 battles
Just now, MementoMori_6030 said:

Like... a forward gear? :Smile-_tongue:

Was more referring to the smoke..

[HEDIC]
Players
30 posts
1,115 battles
45 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Ah yes, my bad. Anyway, point was, both pommern and tirpitz are so much better than odin its not even funny, OP should not be sad if he cant get Odin, he is not missing out on anything.

Thank you for the kind words sir. Well truth be told i got Tier X Germen and i got Tirpitz. But i will take a look at Pommern then :)

[NECRO]
Players
2,622 posts

Odin has 100m more base 2ndary range and 800m more AA range than same tier Bismarck & Tirpitz. Dockyard ships are always OP. :Smile-_tongue:

[CAIN]
Players
4,926 posts
20,778 battles
50 minutes ago, lafeel said:

link?

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,185 posts
7,706 battles
6 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

link?

Initial information (ZF-2):

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/112

phpdeIimA

First set of balance changes and the renaming to ZF-6:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/115

Second set of balance changes:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/123

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
14,537 battles
52 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Odin has 100m more base 2ndary range and 800m more AA range than same tier Bismarck & Tirpitz. Dockyard ships are always OP. :Smile-_tongue:

Tirpitz has way better torp angles - not a bad ship for such an old ship (WoWS timelines anyway).

If I had a choice between the Odin and Tirpitz I'd get the Tirpitz any day.  I would pick the Odin over the Bismark though (the Bismark is one of the few silver ships I've retained though).

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,741 posts
6,296 battles
1 hour ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Initial information (ZF-2):

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/112

phpdeIimA

First set of balance changes and the renaming to ZF-6:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/115

Second set of balance changes:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/123

Was in game @Jethro_Grey but Kartoffel saved me the trouble here.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,697 posts
15,193 battles

I was idly wondering if Odin might be of use in the upcoming Brawls, given that Tirpitz was a bit of a monster last time I played 1v1 at T8 (the original 1v1 Ranked ages ago)...?

Although Tirpitz is the better ship, it occurred to me that having hydro might not do any harm. On the other hand, I think we get the dubious pleasure of CVs this time around, which may well change things a bit

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,400 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I was idly wondering if Odin might be of use in the upcoming Brawls, given that Tirpitz was a bit of a monster last time I played 1v1 at T8 (the original 1v1 Ranked ages ago)...?

Although Tirpitz is the better ship, it occurred to me that having hydro might not do any harm. On the other hand, I think we get the dubious pleasure of CVs this time around, which may well change things a bit

We had the pleasure of CVs last time aswell :cap_old:... i think Bismarck/Tirpitz are better just because they have more HP. Odin will die faster against everything. Not to mention the smaller caliber would be an issue against all Cruisers.

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,741 posts
6,296 battles
11 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

For what it's worth Odin also has the better AA of the two, it should be noted.

• Cool 1