Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EnacheV

Skill for secondary builds suggestion

15 comments in this topic

Players
121 posts
1,280 battles

What about a new skill , lets say Sharp Eye

4 points, only for battleships, requires 2 secondary battery skills already picked to trigger (the 3 pointer and one of the 4 pointers)

With this skill any ship in the secondaries range that fires or launches torpedos its revealed, regardless of concelament modificators.

If its too OP make it reveal only for the player having this skill, not for all team

Taking fire from lots of ships, i can bear with it.

Shooting destroyers dancing around i can also deal with it.

What i cant stand is torpedoes from smoke clouds, that suks major balls.

• Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,408 posts
9,841 battles

And how long is the DD supposed to stay visible?

Players
741 posts
2,144 battles
1 hour ago, EnacheV said:

What i cant stand is torpedoes from smoke clouds, that suks major balls.

Why do you think Jingles calls them angry looking smoke screens?

Torpedoes are either going in or coming out. Sometimes both at once.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

4 skillpoints to make all enemy destroyers in the game battleships with 125mm guns and 15K HP
Seems like a great investment

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

I suggest 4 skillpoints to make all enemy destroyers spontaneously combust, but it's balanced because it's on a 3 minute cooldown.

• Funny 3

[VIBES]
Players
639 posts
19,297 battles

Honestly they should just make secondary skills cheaper (and better, regarding accuracy), so one doesn't have to sacrifice too much survivability to get them.

For instance, I'd say the extra +20% range should be a 2-point skill (it does nothing for your AA), the extra accuracy (to be buffed back closer to -60% dispersion) a 3-point one, and IFHE should stay at 2 but only affect the secondaries, not the main guns, because right now it makes no sense.

Secondaries are situational, and unless you get the perfect opponent to dumpster (let's say, a stationary Richelieu for your IFHE-FdG, which can pen him all over the place), they're not going to a whole lot of damage.

Before the rework at least, if I had a good game in the Georgia (almost a full secondary build), I might've done 20k with secondaries, 20k with fires and say 130k with my main guns. It's not just that secondary builds, right now at least, are bad: they're also way overpriced.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,408 posts
9,841 battles
9 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

Honestly they should just make secondary skills cheaper (and better, regarding accuracy), so one doesn't have to sacrifice too much survivability to get them.

For instance, I'd say the extra +20% range should be a 2-point skill (it does nothing for your AA), the extra accuracy (to be buffed back closer to -60% dispersion) a 3-point one, and IFHE should stay at 2 but only affect the secondaries, not the main guns, because right now it makes no sense.

Secondaries are situational, and unless you get the perfect opponent to dumpster (let's say, a stationary Richelieu for your IFHE-FdG, which can pen him all over the place), they're not going to a whole lot of damage.

Before the rework at least, if I had a good game in the Georgia (almost a full secondary build), I might've done 20k with secondaries, 20k with fires and say 130k with my main guns. It's not just that secondary builds, right now at least, are bad: they're also way overpriced.

The problem i see, if you would just make those skills cheaper, you could basicly get everything other BBs have aswell:

- some 1pt skills

- 2pt secondary range

- 3pt Mansec

- CE/FP/extra repair party/CQC (which ever 3 you prefer), since you dont camp you dont need Deadeye anyway (and since it probably gets removed/reworked..)

Then you can still AR.

What does a non-secondary BB get instead? Well he can take turret traverse OR PT instead of sec.range and then BoS instead of Mansec. BoS is not necessary anyway and i think turret traverse and PT are mostly QoL skills, which you can also do without (unless you cant play without PT, then you are fugged :cap_haloween: or you take IFA)

Meta just wont allow for proper secondary builds (in randoms). WG could buff them so much, and people would still camp. Then you rush in with your secondary monster, and you still die before you get into range :cap_tea:

[VIBES]
Players
639 posts
19,297 battles
25 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

What does a non-secondary BB get instead

For now they get Dead Eye, maybe SI if it gets removed.

Basically, I'm arguing secondary builds should be able to take a free Vigilance/PT/turret traverse/IFHE (buffed so it doesn't ruin your main guns), or 2 3-point skills if they only take 2 for 4 points (say, FP and CE, which was the standard before the rework).

Right now, a full secondary build arguably costs 11 points (including the brawling skill, excluding potentially IFHE), and that's for something you don't get to use at all in some games.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,408 posts
9,841 battles
1 hour ago, tocqueville8 said:

For now they get Dead Eye, maybe SI if it gets removed.

Basically, I'm arguing secondary builds should be able to take a free Vigilance/PT/turret traverse/IFHE (buffed so it doesn't ruin your main guns), or 2 3-point skills if they only take 2 for 4 points (say, FP and CE, which was the standard before the rework).

Right now, a full secondary build arguably costs 11 points (including the brawling skill, excluding potentially IFHE), and that's for something you don't get to use at all in some games. 

image.png.4d9d984e9736769c4c1c5ffea545cc5e.png

well you could get almost everything you want, except IFHE (unless you dont take AR). But IFHE doesnt make much sense except for T7-9 germans (except Gneisenau) imo. The 105mm german secondaries get 32mm pen with IFHE. US secondaries only get 26mm pen, which is almost useless for Massa, Georgia and Ohio (assuming you would want to play them secondary build). It makes a bit more sense for Massa, if you get T6 MM, because you get to pen T6-7 BBs and also T8-9 Cruiser plating. But i wouldnt take it on US BBs really.

[VIBES]
Players
639 posts
19,297 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

But IFHE doesnt make much sense except for T7-9 germans

*sad Alsace noises*

• Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,408 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, tocqueville8 said:

*sad Alsace noises*

Secondary french BBs got burried anyway :Smile_hiding:

Players
47 posts

They should just give back the 60% accuracy buff to the skill , or give everyone else the base 25 % that germans got , with the range increase now more BBs ( looking at ijn and the plethora of guns mounted on each side ) could build secondries if one wishes .

With 21 points you could get 3x4 points skills and 2x3 which can be built in range+accuracy then FP , SI and AR ( order may vary ) just need to give up CE and dead eye which are useless anyway since you want to be in close quarters by default .

Of course that would be short on tr1 and 2 skills , really miss PT on my georgia since she needs the turret traverse but i can live without it , just need to look around more often .

And there a hybrid build which doesn't completely gimp the ship by being on one extreme while also keeping the fun factor , only issue is the maxed out captain that's necessary ( but i guess that was WGs intention in the first place ) . 

[SPURD]
Players
823 posts
6,116 battles

Something they could do is make secondary battery spec a ramping threat where the accuracy increases the longer the secs are shooting at the same target. Something like the gunners can judge the distance better by the proximity of splashes? A target, especially a destroyer, could then make a call of if they can take it or not, and perhaps being revealed too close to a secs battleship would be terrible if you didn't have the means to either sink it quickly or disengage. 

Sign in to follow this