Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Anthoniusii

Are aim bot mods legal or not? WG must be clear in this.

27 comments in this topic

Players
532 posts
12,422 battles

Question says all. Are the aim bot mods legal or not? I am asking because in rank battles half of players use them and some of them are proud of ussing them.

An other question. If aim bot mod are NOT legal then why WG gives ASLAIN the code that indicades enemy ship's speed inorder the user of his mod to achieve more citadel hits?

Is this not unfair for the majority of players that use no mods of than kind?

:

On 1/27/2021 at 12:02 PM, Aslain said

"max speed of target at crosshair" isn't working because WG changed the code - the max-speed-value is no longer on the old location.

I talked to the devs and when they tell me where the value is located now, I will update it immediately.

If that is not the definition of cheating then what is?

So WG allows all mods and cheates?

i am geting tiered lossing battles because some people have access to mods the majority does nit have. World of Tanks dev team few years ago was accused that promoted ilegal mods in exchnge of mutual profit. I hope this does not happen in thi sdev team too.

• Funny 7
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

[LEEUW]
Players
2,954 posts
10,604 battles
6 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

i am geting tiered lossing battles because some people have access to mods the majority does nit have. 

you can install aslains mods as well.

And you're not losing battles because of other people using mods. That is just an easy scapegoat for your own inadequacies.

Try these supposed "cheater" mods out for yourself and see how your performance changes. Spoiler alert: It doesnt.

• Cool 4

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
2,352 posts
7,063 battles

Aim assist mods are not allowed and will get you banned.

I think the mod you are talking about just displays the maximum speed of the currently selected enemy ship. No markers where you should aim.

And I'm pretty sure that most players don't use mods like that. Of course there might be some who use some illegal mods but even if they don't get caught an aim assist does not really give you that much of an advantage against average or good players.

• Cool 1

Players
789 posts
10,998 battles
18 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

I don't think you understand what you are talking about.... "Max Speed at Crosshair" simply tells you the maximum speed that the ship currently targeted in the crosshair is capable of moving at.

It does not tell you how fast that ship is moving at the moment.

So all it is doing  is looking up the maximum potential speed of that ship and displaying it near your crosshair, saving you having to look up, or memorise, what the maximum speed of every ship is.

You might as well say that somebody printing out a paper list of the max speed of every ship, then looking at it in a game, is cheating.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,129 posts
Vor 20 Minuten, Anthoniusii sagte:

why WG gives ASLAIN the code that indicades enemy ship's speed

maybe you should read what you quote? the mod shows only the MAXIMUM SPEED a ship can go, not its current speed...

(and even if it gave the current speed it wouldn't be an aim bot of course...)

Beta Tester
1,100 posts
2 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

You might as well say that somebody printing out a paper list of the max speed of every ship, then looking at it in a game, is cheating.

but it is

[ALONE]
Modder
2,296 posts
14,071 battles

Aslain quoted me & my mod.

As said, it will only tell you the maximum speed (without speedflags/boost) as a number.

Btw, I got the info and have updated it yesterday: :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Players
532 posts
12,422 battles
9 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

you can install aslains mods as well.

And you're not losing battles because of other people using mods. That is just an easy scapegoat for your own inadequacies.

Try these supposed "cheater" mods out for yourself and see how your performance changes. Spoiler alert: It doesnt.

If they are not as important as you clain they are not , then why don't you try to play with the "vanilla" settings of the game and you need Aslain's mod pack to win?

Not all players have access to these forums and espesialy to mods. I know because i was a skin modder in World of tanks for several years. Untill Aslain and others "revoved" the foilage to allow clear view for aiming. Then a developer of those mods exposed WG WoT dev team that it was psliting the profits from such mods.

If you have a mod that allows you aim almost automaticaly and gives you info for your opponet IS CHEATING no matter what you call it . The player that has no access to such mods relies only in his skills and that is unfair to him. I know that many of mod users need "victories: in easy ways to fill thei ego but that is no excuse.

The game must be played in equal terms.

I expect the official answer from WG developers. Unless you are not one please let them answer for themselves. They are grown people and don't meed a patron like you.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,019 posts
10,179 battles

If they are not as important as you clain they are not , then why don't you try to play with the "vanilla" settings of the game and you need Aslain's mod pack to win?

We don't. You just use that as an excuse for being bad at the game.

7 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

If you have a mod that allows you aim almost automaticaly and gives you info for your opponet IS CHEATING no matter what you call it.

Which is precisely why there are no such mods in the game.

8 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

Not all players have access to these forums and espesialy to mods.

Yes they do.

• Cool 4

Players
789 posts
10,998 battles

The player that has no access to such mods relies only in his skills and that is unfair to him

The player HAS access to the mods and CHOSES not to use them.

If you only want a WeeGee response then don't post in on a DISCUSSION forum.

• Cool 1

Players
789 posts
10,998 battles
Just now, SV_Kompresor said:

You just use that as an excuse for being bad at the game.

The prevalence of the "I'm bad therefore they must be cheating"  meme has an R greater than 1.

• Funny 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,954 posts
10,604 battles
15 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

then why don't you try to play with the "vanilla" settings of the game and you need Aslain's mod pack to win?

Screenshot from yesterday.

Behold all my glorious mods:

image.thumb.png.a902660de6f581050eb702564e321311.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
6,245 posts

The 'Speed indicator' is available through official Modstation, so at least that is fully legal. Is it fair?... well, for starters anyone can use it, and secondly, it is not 100% useful except in situations where you can't see which way the target is moving, in those instances it helps you adjust your aim. It is mostly useful against bow tanking and camping BBs.

Players
789 posts
10,998 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

The 'Speed indicator' is available through official Modstation, so at least that is fully legal. Is it fair?... well, for starters anyone can use it, and secondly, it is not 100% useful except in situations where you can't see which way the target is moving, in those instances it helps you adjust your aim. It is mostly useful against bow tanking and camping BBs.

different mod to the one he is talking about fwiw

• Cool 1

Players
6,245 posts
Just now, Starchy_Tuber said:

different mod to the one he is talking about fwiw

Oh, right.. sorry about the confusion. But that mod is also part of the official Modstation. The max speed indicator can be considerably more useful as long as the target is running at max speed but it won't actually  make you aim better, only give you a reference point against which you can adjust your aim. Technically speaking, the information is available in Wiki and is not a secret, so while useful, it is fair as limitations apply, and again, available to all players and legit.

[CAIN]
Players
4,926 posts
20,778 battles

Ahh, the weekly "cheats 'n haxxor" thread.

Aren't these due on every Thursday? 

Half the players in ranked are using them? How would a bad player - and leys face it, OP is bad - know this? 

Also, with the amount of bad players in ranked, I wish some of my team mates would start using aimbots, as these windowlickers can't hit sh*t at close range, let alone spamming HE from a point on the map, that is as far away as possible from any of the caps.

My suggestion to OP, unhide your stats, learn game mechanics, git gud, accept the fact that if you're below 50%WR, YOU are most likely the problem.

• Cool 1

Players
2,791 posts
33,240 battles
37 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

I expect the official answer from WG developers. Unless you are not one please let them answer for themselves. They are grown people and don't meed a patron like you.

I don’t wanna see threads like this one that insults human intelligence. Unless you are really  speshul please stop posting such threads as we don’t need to get the forum and  thread quality dumber day by day.

• Cool 1

Players
234 posts

The most unfair thing are players with skill. Those people who study mechanics and memorize values.

Luckily WG is steadily taking that aspect away.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,761 posts
10,915 battles
6 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Ahh, the weekly "cheats 'n haxxor" thread.

Aren't these due on every Thursday? 

Using my calendar haxx I can say that this thread was made on Saturday

828158630_Trollfaceemote.png.68eda1cba0985c1a9df09f57acbfff3b.png

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,639 posts
50 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Aslain quoted me & my mod.

You sir are even worse then a cheater, you are an ENABLER! :cap_horn:

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
4,865 posts
1 hour ago, Anthoniusii said:

Question says all. Are the aim bot mods legal or not? I am asking because in rank battles half of players use them and some of them are proud of ussing them.

An other question. If aim bot mod are NOT legal then why WG gives ASLAIN the code that indicades enemy ship's speed inorder the user of his mod to achieve more citadel hits?

Is this not unfair for the majority of players that use no mods of than kind?

:

i am geting tiered lossing battles because some people have access to mods the majority does nit have. World of Tanks dev team few years ago was accused that promoted ilegal mods in exchnge of mutual profit. I hope this does not happen in thi sdev team too.

Stop spreading lies and learn the definition of "aim bot" before you make such threads.

• Cool 3

Players
919 posts
6,026 battles

the base game itself gives this information. all that mod does is reformat that information.

the game actively displays time to target beside the crosshair.

dynamic crosshair tells you exactly how much prediction to apply based on 30kts speed.

the minimap has a line for target heading, and a circle for your point of aim.

you just put one thing on the other thing and shoot to hit things.

• Cool 1

Players
2,575 posts
14,895 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Screenshot from yesterday.

Behold all my glorious mods:

image.thumb.png.a902660de6f581050eb702564e321311.png

Minimap bigger then a post stamp? Cheater, aim bot, try hard start whore. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[BS4]
Players
1,444 posts
8,030 battles

If you have a mod that allows you aim almost automatically and gives you info for your opponent IS CHEATING no matter what you call it .

So by your logic the Dynamic cross hair choice in game (ie vanilla) is cheating is it?

Qy4CgxV.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
6,245 posts
1 hour ago, Execute0rder66 said:

I don’t wanna see threads like this one that insults human intelligence. Unless you are really  speshul please stop posting such threads as we don’t need to get the forum and  thread quality dumber day by day.

Quite right! We have the CV's for that. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1