Sign in to follow this  
SirAmra

Cruiser captain skills

21 comments in this topic

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts

Just tried looking at Hindi captain skill and after playing the Riga.....something dawned on me....might be the 3 beers, 2 glasses of redwine and 2 Bulmers talking here.....but.......

CA captain skills are all over the place and yet the same?

I have points to go on and kinda f*** all I want to use them on.......

I haven't skilled my Hindi captain on anything yet, but it's all just meh, and I want the old tree back.

Recommendations from WG on skills are just stupid......this might be beer number 4 talking.

But wtf are u to pick here?

This captain rework is so useless I'll think I'll open up beer nr 5

shot-21.03.05_22.49.37-0433.jpg

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,621 posts
12,747 battles
10 hours ago, SirAmra said:

Just tried looking at Hindi captain skill and after playing the Riga.....something dawned on me....might be the 3 beers, 2 glasses of redwine and 2 Bulmers talking here.....but.......

CA captain skills are all over the place and yet the same?

I have points to go on and kinda f*** all I want to use them on.......

I haven't skilled my Hindi captain on anything yet, but it's all just meh, and I want the old tree back.

Recommendations from WG on skills are just stupid......this might be beer number 4 talking.

But wtf are u to pick here?

This captain rework is so useless I'll think I'll open up beer nr 5

you not only you who want old tree back. and even without beer

• Cool 2

[URUC]
Players
323 posts

The only other skll i would use is Radio Location for DD hunt.

The others are ....... not allowed to say what i think.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts
2 hours ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

The only other skll i would use is Radio Location for DD hunt.

The others are ....... not allowed to say what i think.

Yeah. I was looking at RL too.

But in the end u "get" 21 points to use....but nothing to use it on, and that is FUBAR.

[URUC]
Players
323 posts
8 ore fa, SirAmra ha scritto:

Yeah. I was looking at RL too.

But in the end u "get" 21 points to use....but nothing to use it on, and that is FUBAR.

Or SNAFU.

[N0RSE]
Players
239 posts
16,051 battles

I really don't understand what you guys are complaining about, it's a lot of useful captain skills to choose from for cruisers.

[N0RSE]
Players
239 posts
16,051 battles

My Hindenburg build.

Incoming Fire Alert (old skill)

Grease the Gears (old skill, renamed)

Gun Feeder (old skill, renamed)

Pyrotechnician (old skill, renamed)

Consumables Enhancements (NEW SKILL)

Priority Target (old skill)

Adrenaline Rush (old skill)

Superintendent (old skill)

Concealment Expert (old skill)

So, that is 19 points I have currently, and only 1 skill is new....all the others are old and was usable with the old captain skilltree. So, what are you missing since you find the old tree so much better?

Personally, only thing I miss is Vigilance on cruisers, I used to have that on Hindenburg to maximize the sonar. Other than that, I don't see what you guys are complaining so much about here.

shot-21.03.23_14.51.53-0170.jpg

[URUC]
Players
323 posts
10 ore fa, Nit0 ha scritto:

My Hindenburg build.

Incoming Fire Alert (old skill)

Grease the Gears (old skill, renamed)

Gun Feeder (old skill, renamed)

Pyrotechnician (old skill, renamed)

Consumables Enhancements (NEW SKILL)

Priority Target (old skill)

Adrenaline Rush (old skill)

Superintendent (old skill)

Concealment Expert (old skill)

So, that is 19 points I have currently, and only 1 skill is new....all the others are old and was usable with the old captain skilltree. So, what are you missing since you find the old tree so much better?

Personally, only thing I miss is Vigilance on cruisers, I used to have that on Hindenburg to maximize the sonar. Other than that, I don't see what you guys are complaining so much about here.

shot-21.03.23_14.51.53-0170.jpg

Maybe i got it wrong, but we were commenting the  new skills.

[N0RSE]
Players
239 posts
16,051 battles
5 hours ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

Maybe i got it wrong, but we were commenting the  new skills.

None of the new ones are much useful for Hindenburg, except for Consumable Enhancements.

But there are some for other cruisers, Top Grade Gunner for Henri for example.

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts
1 hour ago, Nit0 said:

None of the new ones are much useful for Hindenburg, except for Consumable Enhancements.

But there are some for other cruisers, Top Grade Gunner for Henri for example.

Thing is. If you are going to invest time making a new tree, isn't it okay to give u multiple options?

The skills are all over the place, yet u end picking up the same as the "old" tree had.

Same with the DDs. 17 points are the same on every DD.

BBs are pretty much the same.

TL;DR: This rework is a complete waste of time and effort.

Players
473 posts
5 hours ago, SirAmra said:

Thing is. If you are going to invest time making a new tree, isn't it okay to give u multiple options?

Well yes, we got less options and as I can understand a "general" skill tree for all ships would not really work what we ended up was more restrictive and less effective ... even CVs ended up doing the same build with small variants here and there.

Cruisers got hit hard because they lost "BB" and "DD" skills they could use and there are many different types of cruisers and its only going to get worst with subs because as some cruisers have torpedoes and others dont, some cruisers will have ASW capabilities and others wont ... to me the whole thing looks to been pushed out without considering there will be another rework with submarines release and necessary ASW skills for all classes.

[N0RSE]
Players
239 posts
16,051 battles
6 hours ago, SirAmra said:

The skills are all over the place, yet u end picking up the same as the "old" tree had.

Same with the DDs. 17 points are the same on every DD.

BBs are pretty much the same.

TL;DR: This rework is a complete waste of time and effort.

That is your choice, there is new skills to choose as well, and on some cruisers they can be used for interesting builds. What I would like to see is concealment expert and deadeye removed, otherwise Im happy with this revamp.

[N0RSE]
Players
239 posts
16,051 battles

Henri IV, with the new captain skill Top Grade Gunner (reload time -8%), Legendary module (reload time -12%), Main Battery Modification 3 (reload time -12%) you will have a reload time of 9.3 sec instead of 13 sec. You also have a 15.9km concealment with this build, so Top Grade Gunner is active most of the time. Include Adrenaline Rush and you easily improve it to ~8 sec reload when you have about half health. 

My point is, you couldn't go for such a build with the old captain skills.

Players
756 posts
7,536 battles
On 3/24/2021 at 11:37 PM, Nit0 said:

Henri IV, with the new captain skill Top Grade Gunner (reload time -8%), Legendary module (reload time -12%), Main Battery Modification 3 (reload time -12%) you will have a reload time of 9.3 sec instead of 13 sec. You also have a 15.9km concealment with this build, so Top Grade Gunner is active most of the time. Include Adrenaline Rush and you easily improve it to ~8 sec reload when you have about half health. 

My point is, you couldn't go for such a build with the old captain skills.

Deadeye says hello.

[N0RSE]
Players
239 posts
16,051 battles
On 4/7/2021 at 4:56 PM, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Deadeye says hello.

Incoming fire alert and Priority target says hi back. Kiting against long range battleships is not a problem, even with deadeye. 

• Cool 2

Players
756 posts
7,536 battles
2 hours ago, Nit0 said:

Incoming fire alert and Priority target says hi back. Kiting against long range battleships is not a problem, even with deadeye. 

I don’t disagree, however closer ranges (15-18 km) and high velocity shells tend to get problematic. 

Players
3 posts
7,675 battles

Might have a few dd mains not wanting concealment removed as you will have to do it for all ships and not being able to torp from stealth

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,753 posts
6,312 battles
On 4/7/2021 at 2:56 PM, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Deadeye says hello.

Not for much longer.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this