Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
iamepic952

Tips for Ohio?

5 comments in this topic

[WNKRS]
Players
60 posts
7,855 battles

I loved the georgia and thought it was a bit squishy. Saved up RB and bought ohio last year but struggled to make it work. The slow speed and waterline citadel and yes I get citadelled frequently even though some have said its underwater (its really not) and especially with the sniping fest right now I'm not sure how to make it work.

Tips would be appreciated. Thank you

[SVX]
Players
1,356 posts
15,921 battles
38 minutes ago, iamepic952 said:

I loved the georgia and thought it was a bit squishy. Saved up RB and bought ohio last year but struggled to make it work. The slow speed and waterline citadel and yes I get citadelled frequently even though some have said its underwater (its really not) and especially with the sniping fest right now I'm not sure how to make it work.

Tips would be appreciated. Thank you

i used to secondary brawwl with it. cant do that with this deadeye meta. buld it with dead eye and shoot from long ranges enjoy ! 

btw its the same hull as montana so if you play that ship you should know the weak points! 

[XTREM]
Players
2,057 posts
15,145 battles

I love Ohio, it's my baby. I used to play it as a secondary/survivability hybrid in pre-rework, and it was perfection. Amazing ship.

I tried to emulate the same post-rework and tested it a lot, but it was generally a frustrating experience and not enjoyable. The changes nerfed it a bit and combined with the meta shift it's just not as fun anymore, and I find myself having to put in 110% only for mediocre results and I also had a very bad loss streak. I had some great games but it's hard to make it work. Before it could be challenging, which was great and I loved it. Now, it's just annoying. My stats in the ship dropped dramatically from Super-Unicum/Unicum to Unicum/Blunicum since the rework, and it pissed me off big time, ngl.

I was so frustrated I gave up and simply switched to the stupid meta on my Ohio and specced DE and conceal. Now I have more consistent dmg games again, but what's the point? If I wanted a to play DE ship I would just play Yama or Shiki. Or Vermont. 

idk if I would advise the same, but that's my take as of now post-rework.

As for the cit problem, just keep a little angle to the threats that could potentially cit you and you'll have no problems. Not much more to say really. 

• Funny 1

[TEPES]
Players
209 posts
4,786 battles

you can play ohio as a tier 10 massachusetts or a 457mm montana its up to you what you choose

[WNKRS]
Players
60 posts
7,855 battles

I'm playing it as a secondary specced ship with no concealment so getting spotted from the moon by he snipers is not fun. I know if it switched to DE and CE I would probably win more but it's not as fun.

Right now I don't even have to push up before I'm being farmed by the enemy team sitting at 17-18km and kiting. 

Sign in to follow this