Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pametrada

A skill suggestion to replace Dead Eye

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
575 posts
4,619 battles

Just wondering if WG would consider a "multiplier" skill - something that you could apply to one of the skills already chosen, to enhance its effects. For example, if applied to Concealment Expert, the ships visibility would be further reduced by an additional 5%. making 15% reduction in total. Or, if applied to Grease the Gears, turret rotation would increase by 15% rather than 10%.

 

This multiplier skill would still need 4 points to obtain, and would be fully consumed no matter which skill it was applied to. It would help players spec ships the way they want, be it survivability ( say HP increase in Survivability Expert becomes 400 or 450 per tier, rather than 350 ), or secondary builds  ( reduced dispersion or range increases on secondary skills ) and so on.

 

Any thoughts folks ?

  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
7 minutes ago, Pametrada said:

For example, if applied to Concealment Expert, the ships visibility would be further reduced by an additional 5%. making 15% reduction in total.

The reason concealment expert is mandatory on DDs is because everyone else does it, you don't want the other DD to be able to just keep you spotted while his friends spam you to death. Theoretically, if everyone stopped using concealment expert tomorrow, every DD player could save 4 skillpoints and not notice any difference. If we get a 4 point skill that amplifies concealment expert to provide -15% instead of -10%, you now have 4 extra mandatory DD skillpoints. I don't like this idea because a DD captain already has 17 mandatory skillpoints, your idea would make that 21 mandatory skillpoints, leaving exactly 0 skillpoints to play with for diversity

17.JPG

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

I hope they keep deadeye in some (nerfed) form - but change it so that it is no longer an excuse for people to hump the border.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NECRO]
Players
2,622 posts

Would be easier (and more rational) to just give the accuracy bonus if you get closer instead of staying at max range.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
1 minute ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Would be easier (and more rational) to just give the accuracy bonus if you get closer instead of staying at max range.

The way to fix a problem is not do the exact opposite of what you were doing. That would results in complaints of people rushing in and dying. Also Russian bias would stop being a meme and become real for the first time. Everyone trying to get as close as possible? Do you know how Russian accuracy works?

 

Just nerf it and make it work regardless of where your ship is located, so people can stop humping the border and please don't give them a reason to yolo every game. If you have skills that only work if you're in a certain position, people do dumb things to stay in that position. How many times have you seen BBs reverse until there's no map left to make deadeye work? You want to see BBs push into certain death constantly to make deadeye work?

 

Having skills linked to positioning at all makes people "chase the skill" instead of positioning properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[1FA]
Players
418 posts
18,649 battles

I would say that the most straightforward fix would be removing the activation condition and balancing the value accordingly (somewhere around 7–8% dispersion reduction maybe?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MUMMY]
Players
657 posts
10,457 battles

Please know that your suggestions are really important to us, we listen to ALL CC and player feedback :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
6 minutes ago, Yamashiro42 said:

I would say that the most straightforward fix would be removing the activation condition and balancing the value accordingly (somewhere around 7–8% dispersion reduction maybe?)

This please, nerf it and remove the condition so people position their ship according to what is going on in the match, not according to where they need to be to make the stupid skill work.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
8,107 battles
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

The way to fix a problem is not do the exact opposite of what you were doing. That would results in complaints of people rushing in and dying. Also Russian bias would stop being a meme and become real for the first time. Everyone trying to get as close as possible? Do you know how Russian accuracy works?

 

Just nerf it and make it work regardless of where your ship is located, so people can stop humping the border and please don't give them a reason to yolo every game. If you have skills that only work if you're in a certain position, people do dumb things to stay in that position. How many times have you seen BBs reverse until there's no map left to make deadeye work? You want to see BBs push into certain death constantly to make deadeye work?

 

Having skills linked to positioning at all makes people "chase the skill" instead of positioning properly.

But i will make more sense, the closer you are, the more accuracy you get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VIBES]
Players
633 posts
19,278 battles
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

The reason concealment expert is mandatory on DDs is because everyone else does it, you don't want the other DD to be able to just keep you spotted while his friends spam you to death.

Wise words.

 

I still remember basically the only time that happened to me in a "normal" DD (not a Soviet or French one). It was a Haida on the other side, and I'm ashamed to say I lost my temper...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
7 minutes ago, Dragontrn said:

But i will make more sense, the closer you are, the more accuracy you get

That's how it works with or without deadeye. This suggestion would make Russian ships actually overpowered because they have a gimmick where accuracy is through the roof if they get close. If the deadeye were reversed, the same potatoes humping the edge of the map regardless of how the match plays out, would push in regardless of how the match plays out. The suggestion would just change thunderer spam to kremlin spam :fish_cute_2:

If powerful skills work only when your ship is in a specific location, bad players will do dumb things to be in that location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VIBES]
Players
633 posts
19,278 battles

I'd be okay with a decent AA skill for 4 point, something like +20% dpm and +2 flak bursts or something, like the one for cruisers, but better (BBs can't dodge as well, for what it's worth).


And for 2 points, instead of the current AA skill...I dunno, RPF maybe?

I know no one took it on BBs before the rework, but for 2 points being able to angle against torps, especially in the middle game, would be very nice, maybe even OP...

 

While they're at it, IFHE on BBs should only affect the secondaries: I want my Alsace to pen superstructure with my 100s, but losing 18% fire chance on the 381s is just too high a price. :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RODS]
Players
1,729 posts
7,790 battles

Just like the 3p skill Adrenalin Rush decreases reload the more damage you take..

I suggest a 4p "punchbag" instead of deadeye where u could start at 0% decreased dispersion and earn your way up to 10% by tanking damage

1 % per 333k damage ?

that would land me at full 10% in this Arizona game

 

shot-21_02.21_15_45.41-0868.thumb.jpg.568b65a0b1c255ade3b458379ec697af.jpg

shot-21.02.21_15.45.35-0975.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×