Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
arttuperkunas

How to Okhotnik in 10 Simple Steps

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
466 posts
4,664 battles

Step 1: Buy obscure Russian premium that most people think is just a meme. Put 16+ pt commander in ship

Step 2: When in match, Immediately go for cap, spot enemy DD first due to inexplicably low concealment rating on your huge gunboat. If spotted first by Japanese loliboat, rush 300 meters to detect and exert dominance

Step 3: Obliterate DD in 2-3 volleys of accurate, hard hitting HE shells with rUssiAn BiAs ballistics

Step 4: Avoid inevitable enemy DD torps by slowing down and/or turning toward direction of sinking carcass

Step 5: Smoke up in cap, launch wall of torps every 47 seconds at clueless noob BBs rushing your smoke 

Step 7: Get cap, radiate big d*ck energy and collect compliments from teammates

Step 8: Go to next cap, rinse and repeat 

 

(optional:

Step 9: Kill Omaha or other broadsiding light cruiser in 2 volleys of AP shells at close range, dealing 3-5 citadels per volley

Step 10: Get hounded by carrier. Die.)

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
30,072 posts
15,430 battles
7 minutes ago, arttuperkunas said:

Step 1: Buy obscure Russian premium that most people think is just a meme. Put 16+ pt commander in ship

Step 2: When in match, Immediately go for cap, spot enemy DD first due to inexplicably low concealment rating on your huge gunboat. If spotted first by Japanese loliboat, rush 300 meters to detect and exert dominance

Step 3: Obliterate DD in 2-3 volleys of accurate, hard hitting HE shells with rUssiAn BiAs ballistics

Step 4: Avoid inevitable enemy DD torps by slowing down and/or turning toward direction of sinking carcass

Step 5: Smoke up in cap, launch wall of torps every 47 seconds at clueless noob BBs rushing your smoke 

Step 7: Get cap, radiate big d*ck energy and collect compliments from teammates

Step 8: Go to next cap, rinse and repeat 

 

(optional:

Step 9: Kill Omaha or other broadsiding light cruiser in 2 volleys of AP shells at close range, dealing 3-5 citadels per volley

Step 10: Get hounded by carrier. Die.)

 

  1. Put 10+ points on the ship and distribute them correctly
  2. Be aware of other enemy ships around the caps
  3. which have a slow reload and turret traverse - better act with foresight
  4. WASD is a classic
  5. be lucky that you have clueless enemies
  6. was forgotten
  7. some people need small victories to feel better
  8. hope for more clueless enemies
  9. see 8
  10. 8 does not last foreever...
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
466 posts
4,664 battles

Clueless enemies are thankfully not a sparse commodity at tier 5.

 

That said, in all seriousness, I've found the okhotnik to be workable even against more skilled enemies, mainly due to its absurdly low concealment. Just have to play in a less "macho" manner than the one described above.

 

While I agree about turret traverse and foresight, IMO the turret raverse on the Okhotnik is not particularly bad when compared to other Russian DDs, and it has 360 degree turrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SITH-]
Players
182 posts
4,710 battles

Great ship.

 

I've got the 10th highest Max Damage score on the EU server.

 

Im pretty average with it in general .. but such  fun .. I like ships that reward risk taking and I would say this falls into that category.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
466 posts
4,664 battles

Also a great premium concept. As in my opinion a premium should offer gameplay that you can't get in the tech tree, preferably without being hugely overpowered. I think the Hot Nik fits the bill, as despite its obvious strengths it also has some crippling weaknesses.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SITH-]
Players
182 posts
4,710 battles

Screenshot_20210305-004906.thumb.jpg.75eb7b2678239dc0117610665171ed7b.jpg

 

188,208 :D 

 

I should have bought a lottery ticket that day 😂

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SITH-]
Players
182 posts
4,710 battles
2 hours ago, arttuperkunas said:

Also a great premium concept. As in my opinion a premium should offer gameplay that you can't get in the tech tree, preferably without being hugely overpowered

 

I really like the Commonwealth ships for this reason as the creeping smoke is super fun and a bit different. However, like you mentioned they might be classed as OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
Players
2,951 posts
10,587 battles

Hmm lets see which filthy sealclubber is 1# with the Oclubnik.....

image.thumb.png.dc3b078448bc46e718694fc2b4acd486.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TACHA]
Players
1,536 posts
17,351 battles

It is a very silly ship - when it works, it is hilarious but get someone who knows about it and you die early. Clearly an impossible Russian ship  - where would you keep the ammunition? 360 degree guns, of course and ridiculous torpedoes with short loading time. However turns like a battleship ( fair as seems a long as one) and although very low, is quite a big target! Best used in triple division! LOL

I confess to having Kutsenov on mine so even get a heal!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
466 posts
4,664 battles
On 3/5/2021 at 10:35 AM, triumphgt6 said:

It is a very silly ship - when it works, it is hilarious but get someone who knows about it and you die early. Clearly an impossible Russian ship  - where would you keep the ammunition? 360 degree guns, of course and ridiculous torpedoes with short loading time. However turns like a battleship ( fair as seems a long as one) and although very low, is quite a big target! Best used in triple division! LOL

I confess to having Kutsenov on mine so even get a heal!!

 

That's a fair description of the ship. I slightly disagree with your conclusions however, as the good concealment (5.7 km) means that it can still do a destroyer's job even against non-seals. That said, if you are going up against skilled player, there are definitely better DDs out there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TACHA]
Players
1,536 posts
17,351 battles
1 hour ago, arttuperkunas said:

 

That's a fair description of the ship. I slightly disagree with your conclusions however, as the good concealment (5.7 km) means that it can still do a destroyer's job even against non-seals. That said, if you are going up against skilled player, there are definitely better DDs out there...

I agree with you - being able to citadel cruisers easily is extremely amusing and the concealment is good. However I would always fancy my chances in a Fujin against her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
466 posts
4,664 battles
12 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

I agree with you - being able to citadel cruisers easily is extremely amusing and the concealment is good. However I would always fancy my chances in a Fujin against her!

Challenge accepted! The Hot Nik is one of the only T5 ships in which I feel comfortable taking on a Kamikaze/clone. The small concealment delta (300 m) means that the Kamikaze/clone will have to play smart to win the engagement, especially if you can corner them somewhere they can't easily run away.

 

That's not the relevant point, of course. I mean I am fine being in the Okhotnik against the Fujin, but I would rather be in the Fujin against the other 11 ships in the game :P (BBs, Cruisers...).

 

Now if only I could get my hands on a Fujin...

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×