Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 05:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
leonport

LIMIT DDS IN RANKED

63 comments in this topic

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,046 battles

why is this possible???

1104458472_hugediversity.thumb.png.38ac7c7af2d7d8d5490d96642f8a5981.png

• Funny 13
  • Boring 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

Because BBs rape Cruisers, and everyone is playing BB? :cap_yes:

• Cool 13

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,046 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

Because BBs rape Cruisers, and everyone is playing BB? :cap_yes:

then why not fix things that makes cruisers unplayable like deadeye

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
Just now, leonport said:

They always need ages to fix anything :Smile_sceptic: Ofc if they would care about feedback, Deadeye wouldnt have made it into the game in the first place... So best case we hear something about it in 2 weeks, but nothing certain at this point. Probably deadeye gets replaced by a new skill.

• Cool 10

[ENUF_]
Players
647 posts
23,846 battles
3 minutes ago, leonport said:

It's not deadeye, it's your Shikishima (and all other BBs in that match) that overmatch 30mm cruiser plating.

• Cool 18

[SVX]
Players
1,384 posts
16,411 battles
Just now, Bear__Necessities said:

Plays BB that ruins cruisers and lowers their population.... then acts shocked and annoyed DD's take up their place now there are no cruisers to halt them.

You are a victim of your OWN choices. 

funny enough now i was in game with  1 dd on each team and 5 stalingrads.......... people changing to radar at the same time

• Funny 2

Players
7,561 posts
245 battles
14 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

Plays BB that ruins cruisers and lowers their population.... then acts shocked and annoyed DD's take up their place now there are no cruisers to halt them.

You are a victim of your OWN choices. 

Guess we could see an increase in new supercruisers and battlecruisers with the way things are going really. Guess peegee could do with more income.

[BOATY]
Players
1,055 posts
15,545 battles
2 hours ago, leonport said:

why is this possible???

I am a cruiser main and I can tell you exactly why this happens. Cruiser get nuked by bbs, yet get yelled at by dds for not supporting them. So guess what now dds can do what they should have been doing the whole time. Dealing with other dds. No matter what sort of warped class role or RPS logic you try to give the fact of the matter is this. Cruisers have never had a significant advantage over a dd. Radar is not an exclusvie CA trait as only 33% have it available. A cruiser can only shoot what it can see thus it needs dds to spot and engage, instead what we get are dds popping smoke the moment they are spotted blinding the team only to eat some torp soup then complain about no support. Cruiser support is a huge risk when supporting a dd. The moment they fire poof they lose half if not more of their life because they have a citadel and overmatch is a thing. Sorry but it is not worth the grief. So to review something I said back in January when the final list for the Commander rework was posted. "Deadeye is going to punish cruisers pretty unjustly and this will in fact lessen support dds can expect in all forms of play. DD players are going to have to step up and learn to fight 1v1 with other dds or accept losing more." Seems I was right.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[OCTO]
Players
484 posts
20,562 battles

If BB players supported DD's (i.e shoot at the spotted enemy DD) then your DD might survive and protect you from the those other nasty enemy DD's........

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,410 posts
14,544 battles

Pigeons coming home to roost :Smile-_tongue:

WG: cuddle the baBBies - cruisers get raped - no more cruisers - DDs rape baBBies :Smile_teethhappy:

BaBBies want ez play - piss all over cruisers - no more cruisers - bend over and take the torps where it hurts :Smile_izmena:

Ah, poetic justice :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 8
  • Funny 10

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Explain why anyone would play a cruiser when every battleship that's being played has 457mm/460mm and deadeye to overmatch+citadel+devastate cruisers in their spawn? People are not going to play a class just to give you something to farm devastating strikes on.

Battleships got so powerful and there's so many of them, cruiser players just noped out and are playing battleships themselves, or destroyers. But you don't need me to tell you why cruisers are not being played, you know why, same reason you're at 65% battleship + 35% aircraft carrier.

BBs are the majority, they wanted to devastate every cruiser in their spawn, they got what they wanted, now there's nothing left to shoot, how is this shocking to anyone.

• Cool 6

Players
2,748 posts
15,306 battles

It is retarded mm if in 1 game there's 6dd and 6bb in next. On top of that all miserable cruisers life makes dds that can hunt the others so good. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
33 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

I am a cruiser main and I can tell you exactly why this happens. Cruiser get nuked by bbs

OP knows why this happens, the only cruiser he's ever played is anchorage. He's fully aware of the fact that the only role cruisers play these days is so 457mm/460mm battleships have something to farm devastating strikes on. Deadeye just made it so that cruisers now get devastated in their spawn, nobody plays the class anymore and OP is big sad there's nothing left to devastate.

• Funny 4

Players
4,388 posts
5,713 battles
35 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Pigeons coming home to roost :Smile-_tongue:

WG: cuddle the baBBies - cruisers get raped - no more cruisers - DDs rape baBBies :Smile_teethhappy:

BaBBies want ez play - piss all over cruisers - no more cruisers - bend over and take the torps where it hurts :Smile_izmena:

Ah, poetic justice :Smile_popcorn:

Actually, good BB player always rape DDs :Smile_popcorn:

[HAMAR]
Players
569 posts
29 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

OP knows why this happens, the only cruiser he's ever played is anchorage. He's fully aware of the fact that the only role cruisers play these days is so 457mm/460mm battleships have something to farm devastating strikes on. Deadeye just made it so that cruisers now get devastated in their spawn, nobody plays the class anymore and OP is big sad there's nothing left to devastate.

The joy when I am sailing in OHIO and see cruiser bow in camping beside an Island.

I feel like giphy.gif

• Funny 3

[L123]
Players
106 posts
21,950 battles
4 hours ago, leonport said:

why is this possible???

i agree, i see the problem here...

You have used the wrong class ship.

everything will be fixed in CV. next time think about it (as your badge says)

• Funny 2

[V888]
Beta Tester
407 posts
30,168 battles

A single game with too many DDs needs a thread and a WG patch?

How about I post one where there are 5 BBs in a ranked match? Maybe then we get a limit to BBs?

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,761 posts
4,523 battles
Před 4 hodinami leonport řekl/a:

why is this possible???

why is this possible? as there is no limit for any class set. Still it is surprising for me to see this, as there are mostly BBs in queue, right?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
522 posts
5,790 battles

Personally i'd like to see more of this.

You often get no-CV matches

Frequently get no-DD matches

Rarely get no-CA matches

Never get no-BB matches (that I've seen)

More no-BB matches would be a simple cure to the cruiser malaise.

• Cool 2

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
12 minutes ago, bobtherterrible said:

More no-BB matches would be a simple cure to the cruiser malaise.

Obviously not going to happen, BBs outnumber every other class hard. Image posted by OP is super rare and a result of too many overmatch BBs and deadeye making cruiser life harder than ever before. Cruisers didn't get anything with the rework, some options to boost AA a little. Meanwhile battleships became 19% more accurate (10% better dispersion is 19% more accuracy) and they heal for 10% more. Cruisers got rekt with the rework, there's no shame in admitting this, a certain individual that's no longer a CC said this would happen, it was pretty obvious to people paying attention. Cruiser life was already sketchy with the never ending supply of 457mm BBs, making them 19% more accurate just killed cruisers. Except for a few very niche smoke-cruisers I'm not interested in playing them anymore, I don't play this game so someone else can farm devastating strikes and laugh.

You can't even fight back against a battleship from behind an island anymore because you need 27km range to shoot back.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
807 posts

Wonder where all the CL/CA’s went?

How do we get them back then?

Oh yeah, OP is whiney.

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, The_Chiv sagte:

I am a cruiser main and I can tell you exactly why this happens. Cruiser get nuked by bbs, yet get yelled at by dds for not supporting them.

lol... with 3+DDs in each ranked game all I would play for win would be radar cruisers...