Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gebbly

I know bots are stupid but come on

10 comments in this topic

[FMJ]
Players
178 posts

I joined a Random game last night on the Solomon islands map. There were a bunch of bots on each team. I was loitering in my DD near the middle preparing to send torps down the channel. Just as the enemy pushed, one of our bots charged in to the middle blocking my shot with another 3 ships queuing up to charge in so I held torp fire. Then to top it off one of our teams queuing bots just behind me launched a bunch of torps right into me. I didnt charge into the torps, I wasnt moving at the time and yet the bot still torpedoed me with a full spread.

It would be nice if we could program the bots with at least "dont shoot allies and dont launch torpedoes into them".

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[FMJ]
Players
178 posts

I could believe that. I have been torpedoed by allies so many times. Such a simple thing to check no allies are in front of you before launching torps.

On one occasion a couple of cruisers were being focused down. I stated in chat that I was "bringing smoke", got between them and all the enemies (that were importantly more than 7km away) and layed smoke so they were no longer targeted and they promptly *both* launched a spread of torpedoes and sent me back to port.

Players
736 posts
2,143 battles

Just be glad they're not copying what El2aZeR does.......

Though you might want to read the thread on page 3 of off-topic...

• Cool 1

Players
7,520 posts
245 battles
5 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Think the game would crash, too be fair the servers delete themselves and the game gets yeeted into oblivion by poshyanai.

If i got turned into a bot this what you would hear as the theme tune.

• Cool 1

Players
164 posts
1,000 battles
16 minuti fa, Molly_Delaney ha scritto:

Or Flamu's sarcasm :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
1,071 posts
17,944 battles
2 hours ago, Gebbly said:

I joined a Random game last night on the Solomon islands map. There were a bunch of bots on each team. I was loitering in my DD near the middle preparing to send torps down the channel. Just as the enemy pushed, one of our bots charged in to the middle blocking my shot with another 3 ships queuing up to charge in so I held torp fire. Then to top it off one of our teams queuing bots just behind me launched a bunch of torps right into me. I didnt charge into the torps, I wasnt moving at the time and yet the bot still torpedoed me with a full spread.

It would be nice if we could program the bots with at least "dont shoot allies and dont launch torpedoes into them".

Well, it seems WG developed a very good KI simulating real player behaviour.

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Bots do this to give you a wholesome experience they were asked to be as human as possible, clearly they are doing an excellent job and you don't appreciate it.

sad-robot-257x250.png

Beta Tester
5,565 posts
22,154 battles
11 hours ago, Molly_Delaney said:

They are just copying what the players do.

Just in the last three days I had players torp allies on two different occasions in random battles.

At #1 I was the poor "target" in a cruiser, while getting in position to send my own torps at an advancing enemy BB that was sailing through a passage between two islands, which kept it from firing at me. While I was still for my torp launcher get to the needed launch angle, I suddenly see a torp warning plop up and an allied Acasta pass me on the opposite from where the BB was... and dang, those torps were nicely aimed - they all hit me... somehow I survived, but I was distracted enough that I missed the proper moment to launch my own torps, missed the BB and got blapped by it as a reward. And about one main gund reload it also blapped the - now pink - Acasta... PotatoAlert told me, that player had a glorious 42% over 1200 or so battles, with 20 or so in the Acasta for a stunning 34% winrate...

Occasion #2 happened and this time a poor BB, sailing doing BB things.... no.. sorry.. I was advancing towards the enemy, guns blazing, with two enemy DDs to it's left, a enemy BB to it's right and an allied Nicholas also to his left... I was in my Krispy Kreme and still a bit more to his left, trying to take the DDs from 10+ klicks. Suddenly the Nicholas, while nearly side-by-side with our BB decides to launch torpedoes... not the enemy DD.. if he had chose them, they would just uselessly evaporated five km before they could have done any harm... nope, he targeted the enemy BB - about 8 klicks away.. *cough* and managed to totally ignore the allied BB in his sight.. it must have been fully blocke his sight to the enemy BB, so close he was to it.. and still managed to launch his torps and scored glorious 3 hits or so on our BB, which managed to survive, but sunk a bit later by enemy torpedoes..

Two examples of the kind of players one meets regularly in battles...

So, yeah, it seems the bots got downgraded to play like the average human WoWs player... :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this