Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Remove bot CVs from COOP

18 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
4,848 posts

Cmon WG ... stop pushing bot CVs in every single coop game when there is no human player playing them.

ACCEPT IT ... we hate them and we will never accept them.

They are useless, they autotarget every DD spotting them instantly and they mess up with "spotting" missions. Its plain BORING.

• Cool 13

[SINT]
Players
1,065 posts
22,802 battles

BOT CV's are very usefull for the players that want to finish missions/ tasks in co op that requires for example kill x planes... The return of BOT CV's were a request from a large part of the co-op player base.

So for onetime WG actualy listenened to a (part) of the playerbase.

And enemy BOT CV's are quite harmless. They misdrop their torps and bombs and 99% overshoot rockets... In addition it eases up the time scope to finish things like capping since CV's are killed a bit slower. 

So while they might interupt your "spotting"mission they ease up  many more other missions in coop.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,114 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, Jvd2000 sagte:

BOT CV's are very usefull for the players that want to finish missions/ tasks in co op that requires for example kill x planes...

and of course shooting down planes is a very good source for base xp

• Cool 3

[NECRO]
Players
2,620 posts
Vor 12 Minuten, Jvd2000 sagte:

And enemy BOT CV's are quite harmless.

But they cheat and find your DD even in the most unlikely places... as if they KNEW where you are... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 4

Players
736 posts
2,143 battles

Just spec your ship/captain for AA (laughable as it is, according to some) and you'll never see a Bot CV in coop.

• Funny 4

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
14,533 battles
9 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

But they cheat and find your DD even in the most unlikely places... as if they KNEW where you are... :Smile_trollface:

I've often suspected that all AI have RL/RPF even though no warning is shown that your direction is known.

I've played DDs and even following drastic changes of direction, when not spotted, the AI have changed direction and followed me.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts

Remove CVs from the game all together.

• Cool 6

[OGHF]
Players
1,332 posts
23,768 battles
9 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Bot DD are the same, they just know where you are.

Players
1,147 posts
7 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Bot DD are the same, they just know whetstre you are.

It saves hunting for the little sh!ts :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 2

Players
1,068 posts
15,102 battles

Well, yeah, AI pathing is simple and predictable and can be exploited.

When I was playing I would on balance prefer playing with CVs (even as a DD) because it extended the battle time to allow for more caps and plane kills for a higher base XP. They just don't really add any value to the game though, so I wouldn't be upset if I never saw them again.

Cf https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/225589-how-do-you-want-your-co-op-matchmaking-megapoll/

Players
105 posts

Coop only player here. Please add more CV's into coop games. I find it hilarious when I finish a game with 40+ kills in a ship with weak AA. Coop fun police are nicely neutered. If you hate CV's in randoms, play coop for a while and laugh as your AA slaughters planes so hard that you actually feel sorry for them. The only real threat they pose is to stealth DD's.

Seriously, I don't even bother turning off the AA in French DD's, bot planes are that useless.

• Cool 3

[BIF]
Players
408 posts
5,690 battles

Bot CV's are the best for getting spot damage if you play CV in my experience. When there is only 2-3 bot ship left, and your team is busy killing them, go straight for the CV, and keep a 8-10km distance, and keep it spotted. This way you prevent that some DD or something else sees it first. This usually gets me the whole bot CV HP as spot damage, on top whatever i get during the battle.

Players
473 posts
1 hour ago, Erinnyes2000 said:

The only real threat they pose is to stealth DD's.

And only because they spot then and then the Bot AI can fire on then, they know were players are anyway but wont open fire until they "spotted then".

Beta Tester
5,565 posts
22,154 battles
2 hours ago, Erinnyes2000 said:

Coop only player here. Please add more CV's into coop games. I find it hilarious when I finish a game with 40+ kills in a ship with weak AA. Coop fun police are nicely neutered. If you hate CV's in randoms, play coop for a while and laugh as your AA slaughters planes so hard that you actually feel sorry for them. The only real threat they pose is to stealth DD's.

Seriously, I don't even bother turning off the AA in French DD's, bot planes are that useless.

Mostly random battle player here. Please re-implement the the intelligent we had quite a while ago... y'know, the ones that started most "only CoOp players" to whine about them bots being OP...

Even now CoOp bots are more skilled than a large portion of the playerbase, but enjoyed it quite a lot to play against bots that at least offered a minimum of a challenge...

Oh, and please remove bot CVs on human teams in CoOp. They are not needed a bit. If CoOp only players want to do the plane kill missions they can just division with a friend who plays CVs using an AA specced ship themselves...

:Smile_trollface:

• Bad 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts
23 hours ago, Jvd2000 said:

BOT CV's are very usefull for the players that want to finish missions/ tasks in co op that requires for example kill x planes... The return of BOT CV's were a request from a large part of the co-op player base.

Aaand then the bot CV flies all his planes at the other end of the map and you end up chasing it down for 10 min for 2 plane kills... :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Players
1,983 posts
12,562 battles

I play Co-op nowadays more often than Randoms, because there are so many stupid grind missions that would take 10 times longer in Randoms. CVs in Co-op are annoying because they drag out the game for no reason. You either have to wait 5-6 minutes to win by points or run across the map to the map border to kill the CV, just so you can move on to the next game. If a CV queue up then okay, but bot CVs on both sides in Co-op add zero value.

• Cool 2

Players
121 posts
1,280 battles

presence of a CV icrease the co-op game length by at least 5 minutes, for nothing

its a waste of time

we should be able to quit the battle when only 1 cv left, no matter if player or bot

[WG]
WG Staff
6,090 posts
4,486 battles
V 3. 3. 2021 v 7:39 nambr9 řekl/a:

Cmon WG ... stop pushing bot CVs in every single coop game when there is no human player playing them.

ACCEPT IT ... we hate them and we will never accept them.

They are useless, they autotarget every DD spotting them instantly and they mess up with "spotting" missions. Its plain BORING.

I am not playing coop much, so my experience with bot CVs are limited, but I remember, that there were not much an issue with them. Their attacks basically never hits, you get some free planes shot down, if needed for missions.

Only down side I see is the spotting. But still, the tactics in coop is much different to Randoms, as you know, what to expect from your enemies.

And one thing, though they are not very popular, not everybody hates them.

Před 10 hodinami Erinnyes2000 řekl/a:

Though one CV in coop can be ok, 2 or even 3 CVs per side would be too much, imo. CV presence gives some variability there, but so many CVs would create only AA fiesta, not much focusing on other enemy surface ships.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this