Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Camperdown

Are the tokens for the Italian campaign rather generous?

57 comments in this topic

[LUZ1]
Players
1,230 posts
14,029 battles

Is it me, or are the rewards for the Italian BB campaign more generous than usual? Plenty tokens, free ships and camos. WG does not seem stingy this time?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,400 posts
9,841 battles

I think its still more grinding than playing the actual ships and by that unlocking the next one :cap_haloween:

[SHAD]
Players
3,528 posts
14,469 battles

Well yes, you get thousands of tokens.

However, you need tens of thousands of tokens.

• Cool 3

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
461 posts
6,226 battles

Yes. No. Maybe.

You can basically get the T4 to T7 for free with an additional camouflage for the latter, barely making it for the special camo on the T8, depending on your additional missions. This also means you have no free access to the T8 and T9, because you cant earn enough tokens. The only way to obtain them is by luck via your first random drop for 1500 dubloons, which includes the possibility of spending real money.

If you dont care and only pick up what you can on the side, the offer is pretty good. In evey other case it is just a pretty shady and vicious business practice.

Beta Tester
1,088 posts

there is just one thing in this game that could be called generous ...

unfortunately, I can't mention it due to the following ban 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,532 posts
18,814 battles
1 minute ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

I'm turning all of them into credits, as I i won't bother with Italian battleships for a long while.

It's adding to my camo collection, for sure. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,505 posts
17,830 battles

Anything that allows me to skip tier 3 - 5 gameplay: I'll take it. Anything more is just a plus.

• Cool 1

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
337 posts
7,054 battles
55 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Is it me, or are the rewards for the Italian BB campaign more generous than usual? Plenty tokens, free ships and camos. WG does not seem stingy this time?

Maybe they are trying to make up for the only Elite Commander that is totally RNG and that may cost you an amount of coal enough to power the Death Star for a whole Fiscal Year...

[OHRIP]
Players
1,191 posts
9,899 battles
49 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Well yes, you get thousands of tokens.

However, you need tens of thousands of tokens.

I think in RL this is called inflation....

Beta Tester
3,446 posts
3,956 battles

The Italian token drops are quite generous as token drops go, I'd say.

I've found the SAP shells to be quite a nice ammunition alternative for battleships. With SAP in the chamber you can rely on putting real hurt on any cruiser or destroyer you encounter, and it make a good dent in the superstructure on other battleships as well. Meanwhile you don't really miss the lack of HE since you don't rely on setting fires to do the big damage numbers anyway, and unlike the Italian cruisers you don't get punished with a glacial reload on the SAP-equipped battleships.

With the above in mind, I'm collecting tokens with the aim of getting at least to the tier VI Andrea Doria. I figure she might make a nice addition to Operations and I could probably use having another tier VI Italian battleship around for randoms. There is nothing wrong with the Comte di Cavour, but even with her thirteen (13!) SAP rifles she can't hold a candle to the Giulio Cesare at tier V.

[2PTS]
Players
216 posts
8,932 battles

No.

Just think that for the new US BB line we could get the T8 for "free" just completing the combat missions/gathering tokens and now we can get only T7 for "free". To get T8 new pasta BB you have to pay.

Thanks, but no thanks. My wallet is closed to WeeGreedy.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,027 posts
22,308 battles

They could give away the T10 for free with perma camo, it still wouldn't change the fact that the line is garbage.

• Cool 4

[SINT]
Players
1,065 posts
22,802 battles

You get a lot more in quantity for sure. But with the latest additional lines you most of the times get the T8 silver ship with camo in the “ wallet closed” grind. Or/ and a ( meh) premium ship as a bonus.Now you get T4 up to T7 which in silver and xp is bit less then the xp value compared going from T7 up to T 8 with modules researched. Getting permanent T7 and T6 camo is a bonus if you intend to grind beyond ( and then you might prefer taking better camo’s  instead of the 50% xp permanent one)

We might get a shot at the permanent T8 camo if we get another weekend silver grind bonus mission. But then the next 12.000 token requirement for the actual T8 ship is way beyond my closed wallet reach. Any token beyond the T8 permanent camo reward is going into bonus silver to pay fe the modules of the received ITA BB’s.

Beta Tester
5,565 posts
22,154 battles

I don't care about the pretty *cough* and utterly historically *cough* camos. As it looks, a lot of the grind can be done in CoOp, so I just see how far I get and use the token for whatever I can get for them except the italian camos...

So..

Yeah, doesn't look that much different than the previous "new line release" grinds

[BASIC]
Players
743 posts
21,519 battles

Yep, getting T6 ship was rather easy compared to previous EA events. But I miss variety of prizes for tokens. Perma camos don't interest me, so I can spend tokens actually only on 5+5 flags bundles. Still Caracciolo waiting to asquire, even if the last directive looks a bit more grindy.  

Beta Tester
22 posts
2,909 battles
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

It is? Why?

It has guns that cant hit for crap and is way to slow to reload. I only got the tier 5 and it throws 13 shells at a target and if youre lucky you will hit 3 maybe 4 unless you pull up to them, lets say within 6km becouse then you might hit 5-6.

The t5 felt like you were playing a cruiser when it comes to armor.

A friend of mine has a higher tier of them and says that they are still garbo but with smoke so it can hide its embarrassment of a ship.

• Funny 1

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 15 Stunden, Camperdown sagte:

RNG was removed, everyone gets first four bundles that include T7-T8 permacamos and T6 ship. You still need to grind from T6 if you don't spend any doublons.

Players
143 posts
2,103 battles

I was not playing during previous events, but it's VERY genereous. Tier 6-8 permacamos and 4-7 ships with mostly 6 level captains and unlocked modules for free just for some regular playing? Thats'amazing! Plus permacamos looks absolutely beautiful, I'll continue to grind this line and keep these ships to play often in various modes

• Cool 1

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
412 posts
12,872 battles

I guess it's generous enough to unlock the T7 ship and camos. But I think the choice is very limited. Basically the unlock progression is linear, so there's not much choice what rewards to get from your tokens. Would've preferred a tad more choice, but oh well, I guess these rewards are still freebies, so can't really complain. 

Players
2,010 posts
14,248 battles

There should be no early access to any silver line ships. Or prizes. At all, either through grind (boooring), money (what if I don't want to spend real money?) or luck (why did that guy get Lepanto and I didn't? WG hates me!)

There, sorted. Everyone's happy now, or rather, unhappy, which seems to be the natural state of most wows forumites anyway.

Players
143 posts
2,103 battles
11 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

There should be no early access to any silver line ships. Or prizes. At all, either through grind (boooring), money (what if I don't want to spend real money?) or luck (why did that guy get Lepanto and I didn't? WG hates me!)

There, sorted. Everyone's happy now, or rather, unhappy, which seems to be the natural state of most wows forumites anyway.

Luck and gambling is a major part of WOWS. It feels like I can buy most of things with credits, coal or doublons, but we receive daily container and can even buy so many type of various containers and expect to be lucky one day. They obviously are tempting players with chances to receive expensive awards. But I like it since this gambling mechanism does not requires to spend money.

Sign in to follow this