Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_FrostVortex_

ST 0.10.2, changes to test ships and Lepanto

13 comments in this topic

[3DSF]
Players
105 posts
2,779 battles

I want to ask you something.

Whats the point of this changes?

Viewing range for Lepanto? What for?

In my opinion the Lepanto needs completely different, more urgent buffs. the recommend skills are useless, the range is to short, the reload is way to long and SAP basically doesnt bring anything.

• Cool 1

Players
430 posts
18 hours ago, Blitz15 said:

I want to ask you something.

Whats the point of this changes?

Viewing range for Lepanto? What for?

In my opinion the Lepanto needs completely different, more urgent buffs. the recommend skills are useless, the range is to short, the reload is way to long and SAP basically doesnt bring anything.

Range is short so agreed

Reload is not the problem, its the accuracy particularly the sigma, it needs 1.7 sigma

SAP brings a lot of things to the table, for eg, when firing at very light cruisers, SAP will crush them, and for consistent damage u can fire SAP as ur not getting the low alpha of HE or the overpin dmg of AP on anything that isn't a DD.  

[3DSF]
Players
105 posts
2,779 battles
27 minutes ago, totally_potato said:

Range is short so agreed

Reload is not the problem, its the accuracy particularly the sigma, it needs 1.7 sigma

SAP brings a lot of things to the table, for eg, when firing at very light cruisers, SAP will crush them, and for consistent damage u can fire SAP as ur not getting the low alpha of HE or the overpin dmg of AP on anything that isn't a DD.  

Reload is way to high for this mediocre Dpm and

SAP is very situational, its always better to have AP loaded instead of SAP and just wait for broadside. And then the weakness against DDs... 

I really like the idea of the Italian BBS, the look very good but they feel nerfed to much.

I am bored of my old T8 and T9 BBs.

I want good Italians, but now musashi, JB, alsace &Co are Superior in every way.

[ZEN]
Players
1,405 posts
14,627 battles
6 hours ago, Blitz15 said:

Reload is way to high for this mediocre Dpm and

SAP is very situational, its always better to have AP loaded instead of SAP and just wait for broadside. And then the weakness against DDs... 

I really like the idea of the Italian BBS, the look very good but they feel nerfed to much.

I am bored of my old T8 and T9 BBs.

I want good Italians, but now musashi, JB, alsace &Co are Superior in every way.

Well the reason that the reload and dispersion is so bad is purely to keep the SAP in check of example the T10 has an SAP penetration alpha strike of 66k damage now imagine that having a normal reload and accuracy and hitting a normal T10 cruiser... as long as you don't hit the main belt you can 1 shot most of them. The best solution was to simply lower the SAP alpha, but WG refuse to do this cause must balance around the gimmick and so they decided to increase the reload and keep it in check with RNG which is really unfun for everyone, the one shooting and the one being shot at...

But hey WG ignored that feedback which was told to them when the ships stats were first announced so none of us are surprised...

• Cool 3

[3DSF]
Players
105 posts
2,779 battles
23 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Well the reason that the reload and dispersion is so bad is purely to keep the SAP in check of example the T10 has an SAP penetration alpha strike of 66k damage now imagine that having a normal reload and accuracy and hitting a normal T10 cruiser... as long as you don't hit the main belt you can 1 shot most of them. The best solution was to simply lower the SAP alpha, but WG refuse to do this cause must balance around the gimmick and so they decided to increase the reload and keep it in check with RNG which is really unfun for everyone, the one shooting and the one being shot at...

But hey WG ignored that feedback which was told to them when the ships stats were first announced so none of us are surprised...

Basically every TX BB can oneshot a Cruiser just with AP. Conqueror can do this with HE, has half of the reload and better range.

And to be honest we dont have the TX Italian now and in my opinion the TVIII and TIX should be competitive too. And know why WG is so focused on TX...

[ZEN]
Players
1,405 posts
14,627 battles
13 minutes ago, Blitz15 said:

Basically every TX BB can oneshot a Cruiser just with AP. Conqueror can do this with HE, has half of the reload and better range.

And to be honest we dont have the TX Italian now and in my opinion the TVIII and TIX should be competitive too. And know why WG is so focused on TX...

Yes but AP overpens, just look at Roma, you almost can't citadel broadside cruisers under 10km and just get loads of 3,6k damage salvos, in this case I see that SAP could have been a good and interesting addition, however WG have implemented it in the worst possible way, no matter what AP should always be the highest damage ammunition. If SAP was more like RN short fuse AP (but a reasonably lower damage than the standard AP shell) so you can switch to a lower damage shell that will overpen less on lightly armoured targets then that would be an interesting design concept as long as HE was retained to deal with DDs.

However it is too late to redesign SAP cause WG fixed the shell characteristics with the Italian cruisers, which I find the ammunition is hindrance to that ship line as there is almost no reason to use AP as the SAP is basically a 1 ammunition for all situations, well except that 1 shot at under 10km on a broadside cruiser...

Players
430 posts
4 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

They nerfed the alpha from 14.5K to 12.5K, not enough??

[ZEN]
Players
1,405 posts
14,627 battles
41 minutes ago, totally_potato said:

They nerfed the alpha from 14.5K to 12.5K, not enough??

What's the point of AP when a more reliable ammunition does more damage than it... should be closer to 8-9k alpha, with improved reload and accuracy.

• Cool 1

[3DSF]
Players
105 posts
2,779 battles
9 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

What's the point of AP when a more reliable ammunition does more damage than it... should be closer to 8-9k alpha, with improved reload and accuracy.

More DMG? I dont think so, for broadside ships its always better to use AP. 

And with this accuracy its always hard to hit specific Spots with SAP, i often hit the Belt with no pens at all, if you try to aim higher sometimes you overshoot the Ship in Terms of dispersion.

For me lepanto is really hard to play efficiently, because low caliber, long reload, short range is to much nerf for a T9.

Whats the trade off?

The rest of the ship is still mediocre.

Only play it for SAP.. noo  its only  meh.

The smoke? Yeah the undetected penalty for shooting is way to high.

Secondarys? mediocre range, Bad dispersion, no pen at all.

AA? Meh

Armor? Meh

Speed? Meh

Concealment? Meh

Sorry but this ship is underwhelming in every way. 

Players
1,147 posts

From what I've seen and the three SAP flingers I've got I'm no way getting the buzz that Roma can bring, and after watching  a very informative unbiased  video it does seem to have no real direction but time will tell, so far my plan is to bin them like I did with the US Fatboys, I'm waiting to see what happens with the T-8 premium at least it has a sensible reload for now and I'll see what's said on the Forum by the players about it for honest information.

Players
525 posts
9,284 battles

I'd like to add a note regarding the premium camouflage of The Lepanto, hoping that some developers will read this post and can correct in the future what I am going to report.

Apart from the questionable beauty of camouflage, but it's a matter of taste, I would like to point out that the gigantic Latin inscription on its side "FORTUNA AUDACIA IUVANT", which should mean "LUCK HELPS THE BOLD" written in this way does not mean an emeritus anything.
The exact grammar of Latin would be "AUDENTES FORTUNA IUVAT".
And it's no use knowing Latin, I studied it right in middle school 30 years ago... it would be enough to use wikipedia.

I'm not sure that Luke Skywalker would be glad to have written on his X-Wing fighter "The could be will with forces you "...

BREAKING NEWS

JUST TALKED WITH CRYSANTOS AND MR.CONWAY, THEY WILL FIX THIS.. THANK YOU!

• Cool 2

[ZEN]
Players
1,405 posts
14,627 battles
8 hours ago, Blitz15 said:

More DMG? I dont think so, for broadside ships its always better to use AP. 

And with this accuracy its always hard to hit specific Spots with SAP, i often hit the Belt with no pens at all, if you try to aim higher sometimes you overshoot the Ship in Terms of dispersion.

For me lepanto is really hard to play efficiently, because low caliber, long reload, short range is to much nerf for a T9.

Whats the trade off?

The rest of the ship is still mediocre.

Only play it for SAP.. noo  its only  meh.

The smoke? Yeah the undetected penalty for shooting is way to high.

Secondarys? mediocre range, Bad dispersion, no pen at all.

AA? Meh

Armor? Meh

Speed? Meh

Concealment? Meh

Sorry but this ship is underwhelming in every way. 

I meant that the SAP alpha per shell is higher than the AP alpha per shell, this is a fact.

In fact it should always be better to fire AP at broadside ships that is the whole point of the ammo and why I hate SAP on the Italian cruisers which especially suffer from this as you only use AP when you are 100% sure you can citadel the target which is bad game design, plus they have terrible AP DPM because the SAP DPM is balanced with other ships HE DPM. With SAP on BBs AP should always have a higher potential max damage regardless of what you shoot at, how I think SAP should work is that you sacrifice penetration and damage in exchange for not overpening the target, thus making the Ammo good for dealing with lightly armoured targets. This would make sense if the AP performance was in line with Roma, really high velocity with so much pen that broadside cruisers at close ranges only take overpens for 1.2k per shell hit, thus SAP would have a role, because dispersion would not be required as a balancing factor for stopping the SAP being OP. Imagine 16 SAP shells fired by a ship with Kremlin accuracy that would be stupid, if however the alpha was lower then it wouldn't be and the ships will be less frustrating to play because RNG on the guns is not fun at all, and on the other side taking loads of damage from SAP is never fun as you can't really angle against it.

As you said the ship has no role atm because SAP usage requires accuracy and WG have balanced the SAP alpha with RNG thus making the SAP pointless and at the same time making the AP even worse, while at the same time leaving you with no way of dealing with DDs as you can't hit them and all you ammunition does only 10% damage to them.

I would say make the ships more like Roma, where the ships handling and concealment are good while having ammo choices on the guns that actually feel different and make sense.

But hey this won't be the first ship line they have ruined RN HE slinging BBs come to mind...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this