You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Itwastuesday

Wishlishts for WG

40 comments in this topic

[SPURD]
Players
834 posts
6,202 battles

Getting new premiums and subs and whatnot is nice and all, but there's some things that I wonder if we couldn't get. Like maybe :

A new set of maps better balanced per tier, perhaps there's a bunch of people out there who love Two Brothers for example but I find it to be a miserable map at T9...

Better Standard Battle and better Epicenter, perhaps even another gamemode? 

Some of the nicer looking camos as permanent camos, and maybe better permanent camos statwise anyway? 

How about expanding the schedule for ranked/clan battles, I'm sure I'm not the only weekend dad for whom this current schedule cuts out most of that...

The ability to name commanders or even ships would be cool, even if others wouldn't be able to see them.

That's about all that I have been thinking of that's not just some game mechanics or balance things. 

What are your wishlists like?

• Cool 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,569 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

That someone else makes a better naval battle game? :Smile_hiding:

Problem with wows is, that we are simply not the target audience anymore (if we ever were). They want new fat cash cows, which can be milked fast and heavily. Game itself, balance, nothing is the priority. Most important is to get as much money as possible out of it.

But for a serious answer regarding wows:

- Better balancing in Clanbattles/Brawls. Ships might be balanced in 12vs12 but once you go to 7vs7 or even less, it starts to get so messy. I hope they learn something this CB season with banning/limited ships.

- Better map balancing. Some more new maps would be nice aswell, but some of the older ones... on the other hand, every time they change existing maps, it gets worst. I hate Islands of Ice and Shards, both of them were way better before.

- Nerf BBs... or somehow make them less appealing for the average player. This BB queue clogging is so annoying, everywhere you go there are dozens or hundreds BBs in queue :fish_aqua:

• Cool 16

[SPURD]
Players
834 posts
6,202 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

- Nerf BBs... or somehow make them less appealing for the average player. This BB queue clogging is so annoying, everywhere you go there are dozens or hundreds BBs in queue :fish_aqua:

Or make cruiser more appealing, perhaps fixing many of the cruiser lines or a mechanics overhaul, or something. A big draw to battleship and destroyer is devastating strikes, at least for me. Most cruisers just watch their number go up steadily.

• Cool 4

[CHEFT]
Players
12,569 posts
9,841 battles
12 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Or make cruiser more appealing, perhaps fixing many of the cruiser lines or a mechanics overhaul, or something. A big draw to battleship and destroyer is devastating strikes, at least for me. Most cruisers just watch their number go up steadily.

I think with Cruisers, the skill floor/ceiling is completely out of sync. For the average player, Cruisers are just absolute garbage. They probably will never make them work properly. Sure they can get a good game here and there, but thats about  it. With BBs, they get much more consistent results, and can hardly die within 3-4 minutes (well, some BB players even manage to do that... :cap_fainting:)

On the other hand, good players can still make cruisers work, and they dont perform badly with them. So you make them stronger, they start to be OP for some players...

• Cool 5

Players
3,121 posts
22,700 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Itwastuesday sagte:

I wish for WG making the player base understand its own vast power so they keep boycotting the game, thus forcing WG to actually make it better for once, or at least stop them from making it even worse.

And for once, WG seem to be well on their way to actually doing so.

https://youtu.be/3U-9TMZwCto

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
834 posts
6,202 battles
13 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think with Cruisers, the skill floor/ceiling is completely out of sync. For the average player, Cruisers are just absolute garbage. They probably will never make them work properly. Sure they can get a good game here and there, but thats about  it. With BBs, they get much more consistent results, and can hardly die within 3-4 minutes (well, some BB players even manage to do that... :cap_fainting:)

On the other hand, good players can still make cruisers work, and they dont perform badly with them. So you make them stronger, they start to be OP for some players...

Yeah that's completely true. Still, I think it'd be good if something about at least the lower tier cruisers would make them attractive to newbies.

• Cool 1

Players
920 posts
6,026 battles

revert blanket engine nurf from years ago, use it only as a land proximity thing.

change shell arcs to solve peek-a-boo so landing shells behind an island is easier than firing from behind one

knock 30% off muzzle velocity. make predicting targets and combat manoeuvre a consistent thing.

make overpen a fraction of current pen, not calibre so that armour can actually mean a damn thing.

make flooding nurf ships, not directly drain hp. cause them to roll, exposing deck/citadel, finally sink if there is enough.

make fire nurf ships instead of do direct hp damage. loss of ROF, rotation, engine power , detection, pausing radar etc, depending on where teh fire is.

make secondary acc based on angular size, allowing bb brawls without crushing dds.

make AA account for traverse rate of a target, so if planes fly right at you, they die quickly.

fix yuri psychic radar/sonar through islands. dont say they cant, they fixed aa through islands.

introducing alternative refit hulls that bias the ship to a given playstyle, but cuts economic returns & cant mount flags to counter the effect.

rework the perks into specifications.... you know, an actual ******** REWORK of how they are conseptulised. not a jiggle of numbers resulting in p2w.

find ANYONE on the wows team who wasnt happy with the perk rework, and replace the current leaders with them.

all in all, im fed up with a game i had liked going to he pan due to easily avoidable bad decisions.

1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

Some of the nicer looking camos as permanent camos, and maybe better permanent camos statwise anyway? 

would be easily done.

changing camo bonuses to "letters of marque" and then selling the camo as cosmetic micro transactions would be far goddamn better. meaning they could still sell the bonus packs, and also sell the cosmetics.

could even add in modded camo with a stipend going to the creator same as planetside 2 did things.

but weegee wont do that because its not p2w or mAcro transaction enough. something about comrade spreadsheet not seeing sales volume on things that cost as much as a game for a pallet swap.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,250 posts
4,495 battles
Před 13 hodinami Itwastuesday řekl/a:

Getting new premiums and subs and whatnot is nice and all, but there's some things that I wonder if we couldn't get. Like maybe :

A new set of maps better balanced per tier, perhaps there's a bunch of people out there who love Two Brothers for example but I find it to be a miserable map at T9...

Better Standard Battle and better Epicenter, perhaps even another gamemode? 

How about expanding the schedule for ranked/clan battles, I'm sure I'm not the only weekend dad for whom this current schedule cuts out most of that...

The ability to name commanders or even ships would be cool, even if others wouldn't be able to see them.

That's about all that I have been thinking of that's not just some game mechanics or balance things. 

1) New set of maps. I would love to see new maps too. So how those maps should look according to you? Which style (desert, winter etc.), size of the map, probably inspired by historical location? Big islands, corridors, open sea?

2) How would you expect "better epicenter"?

3) Nicer looking camos. That will be very subjective, but still, what pattern or style you would like to see?

4) With the schedule, you would like to play outside prime times? or what do you think about that schedule?

5) Naming commanders would be nice, atleast now you can change the name before recruiting the commander. But also with this some historical and unique commanders would loose some special flavour.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
2,735 posts
Vor 42 Minuten, YabbaCoe sagte:

open sea

Is this World of Warships or World of Brown Water Coast Guard?

Every single rock in the water is one too many.

Ocean is the only map I like.

• Bad 1

[NEET]
Players
50 posts
6,554 battles
52 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

1) New set of maps. I would love to see new maps too. So how those maps should look according to you? Which style (desert, winter etc.), size of the map, probably inspired by historical location? Big islands, corridors, open sea?

This question depend on user survey,not anyone.

This game is 5 years old,why you have never make user survey like "new set of map"?

Or make competition to encourage players to diy map.

And are you really look and consider "Suggestions thread"?

If you have no creative idea,do competition or survey and let players to help you,there thousands of players in four servers.

My wish is new operation in every tier,and more intersting pve mode.

In pve and operation you dont have to consider ships balance.And no state shaming.

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 14 Stunden, DFens_666 sagte:

Better balancing in Clanbattles/Brawls. Ships might be balanced in 12vs12 but once you go to 7vs7 or even less, it starts to get so messy. I hope they learn something this CB season with banning/limited ships.

Some ships perform better in 7v7 on small maps, like secondary BBs... Hydro and radar are more valuable on smaller maps - smaller caps. Cap control is more important, losing on points is regular occurence. I'd say it's ballanced, only at different ballance point than in randoms. Only thing unballanced is CVs in 7v7.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,250 posts
4,495 battles
Před 1 hodinou remove_cv řekl/a:

This question depend on user survey,not anyone.

This game is 5 years old,why you have never make user survey like "new set of map"?

Or make competition to encourage players to diy map.

And are you really look and consider "Suggestions thread"?

If you have no creative idea,do competition or survey and let players to help you,there thousands of players in four servers.

My wish is new operation in every tier,and more intersting pve mode.

In pve and operation you dont have to consider ships balance.And no state shaming.

Unfortunately as we mentioned before in some replies, Operations have really low importance, so possibility of implementation of new one is very low currently.

• Cool 1

Players
3,560 posts

Ah ok, HMS Rodney with Torps Spotter plane and radar (Although if I remember reading rightly it was the Nelson that was first equipped with Radar and could facilitate a spotter plane, both I think were equipped with fixed torpedo tubes,anyway, nice wish,it won't happen, lol

The Big E to return, which also won't happen:Smile_unsure:

[SPURD]
Players
834 posts
6,202 battles
7 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

2) How would you expect "better epicenter"?

3) Nicer looking camos. That will be very subjective, but still, what pattern or style you would like to see?

4) With the schedule, you would like to play outside prime times? or what do you think about that schedule?

5) Naming commanders would be nice, atleast now you can change the name before recruiting the commander. But also with this some historical and unique commanders would loose some special flavour.

1) The visual styles of maps is fine as it is, and personally I couldn't tell if they're based on actual real world locations, but like Trap or Shards for example, that asymmetrical design, bunch of different islands, all means there's places to go for different kinds of ship, where maps like Okinawa or Two Brothers feel like places for open water snipers and nothing else. 

2) Dunno, perhaps lock the caps for a while as the game starts so that an afk destroyer doesn't autolose the game for you, perhaps change something about it so that the destroyers aren't stuck in the middle. Maybe maps slightly more covered in terrain would help? 

3) There are so many temporary camos that look great... Like shadow lurker, the autobot camo, red soul. Heck, I can't even remember what the best ones were, I have run out so long ago. 

4) Yes, I'd like to play monday and tuesday. 

5, That's true I suppose.

[RODS]
Players
1,748 posts
7,794 battles

Rework the captain rework

Rework the CV rework

Rework AA

Do not add subs

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
155 posts
789 battles
15 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Which style works? More maps like New Dawn with scattered islands that you can hide behind but fire over, yet which are not so big that they impede movement and firing. Maps like Sea of Fortune, Shards and Shatter are utter disasters in that regard, Shatter especially. That idiotic island in C means that ships spawning in C have few tactical options, making every match exactly the same. Shards and Sea of Fortune also produce stereotyped games that are dull and predictable, as does Sleeping Giant. Two Brothers always produces the same match as well, with the added stupidity that morons often charge the crack at the beginning, thinking it "fun" to die early and achieve nothing. All of those maps need extensive changes, including reduced island heights, smaller islands, islands oriented perpendicular to the spawns, and similar.

It would also be nice to have more historical-looking maps or maps that do not have the islands aligned N-S. Estuary is unique in that regard, need more maps like that (but with a lot smaller/lower islands).

Further, the lower tier maps do not have enough short islands for cruisers to position well and hide from BBs. Solomon Islands, Fault Line, and Strait are all failures in this regard. I hate loading in as a cruiser on those maps. New cruiser players can't learn positioning and dont have time to learn open water firing on such maps, for they are usually quickly killed, which affects the cruiser population in the higher tiers. Fault Line needs to be removed from the rotation for T5 ships since few of them have the range to play on it, and all the islands on that map need lowered so that the BBs are threatened earlier.

Also, the spawn locations and cap locations need to be more varied. There are numerous possibilities for cap locations that remain unexplored.

Frankly, the choked, channeled maps reduce game play enjoyability and playability by reducing tactical options and reducing flowing, dynamic gameplay. WG needs to rethink its whole map philosophy.

Some of the maps from the operations could easily be adapted to Randoms play, that would get us "new maps" for Randoms that the game desperately needs. Whatever you may think about the current maps, everyone is tired of seeing the same maps, and it is a gross failure of customer orientation to have so few. But it's what we've come to expect from WG, sadly.  

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,272 posts
14,199 battles

My wish list:

- separate good players from trash in MM 

- eliminate silly overmatch mechanics 

- create better maps with fewer islands 

- change reward system so that good play is rewarded more than damage farming 

Players
1,859 posts
1.03.2021 o 23:11, DFens_666 napisał:

I think with Cruisers, the skill floor/ceiling is completely out of sync. For the average player, Cruisers are just absolute garbage.

A question from a very average player: maybe some repair party for cruisers would help a bit? For example: while T9 cruisers have 4 charges (with superintendent), T8 cruisers (or T7 cruisers, too) could get 2 charges of repair? Otherwise we will have something like on the screen (left - from yesterday's ranked): 86 BB and only 4 cruisers in the queue :-(   A very "nice" balance :-D   BTW, in that battle there were 2 cruisers "per side" - they were Alaskas...

@YabbaCoe - so... operations has low importance for WG, balance in ranked has low importance for WG (see the screens - from yesterday and previous), cruisers aren't popular at ranked... Could you tell me, WHAT has high importance for WG? Except out wallets, of course ;-)

1843368650_NottoomuchBBinranked.thumb.jpg.62793b9009e4890ed29b6959268ad464.jpg982499198_NottoomuchBBlastpatch.thumb.jpg.ffbffe5d7904a3050dd1d14e9fb51dd9.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
1,483 posts
22,643 battles

1. Ingame Tutorials in form of mini-operations that teach the basics of the game. Not mandatory but successful completion gives you a prize (dubloons?)

2. Colorful Tracers for ships! I am willing to pay FDR-price of steel for rainbow-with-sparkles-tracers!!! 

[WG]
WG Staff
6,250 posts
4,495 battles
Před 53 minutami umbra_arboris řekl/a:

A question from a very average player: maybe some repair party for cruisers would help a bit? For example: while T9 cruisers have 4 charges (with superintendent), T8 cruisers (or T7 cruisers, too) could get 2 charges of repair? Otherwise we will have something like on the screen (left - from yesterday's ranked): 86 BB and only 4 cruisers in the queue :-(   A very "nice" balance :-D   BTW, in that battle there were 2 cruisers "per side" - they were Alaskas...

@YabbaCoe - so... operations has low importance for WG, balance in ranked has low importance for WG (see the screens - from yesterday and previous), cruisers aren't popular at ranked... Could you tell me, WHAT has high importance for WG? Except out wallets, of course ;-)

1843368650_NottoomuchBBinranked.thumb.jpg.62793b9009e4890ed29b6959268ad464.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=f33eb831f1471fd4982499198_NottoomuchBBlastpatch.thumb.jpg.ffbffe5d7904a3050dd1d14e9fb51dd9.jpg

Random battles, Ranked battles or Clan Battles usually have the highest priority in development. It is mostly, because there is vast majority of players. So from what you mentioned, also balance in Ranked battles.

And ship popularity, well anyone can choose ship class they want. I am also BB main, so I would most likely fill the queue with yet another BB.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,569 posts
9,841 battles
44 minutes ago, umbra_arboris said:

Repair party would definetely be good for all cruisers. It certainly wouldnt break anything, because Cruisers fight other Cruisers too, so its not like they only get staying power against BBs/DDs. Especially T8 Cruiser are in such a rough spot, an extra heal would make a big difference. In any T8 clan-mode, DDs (kiev) are just superior to Cruisers. Heck even right now in the T9 season, Mogador spam is a thing in higher leagues.

DDs seem to be more popular lately, 4 or even 5 DD/side random battles seem to become more frequent, same as in ranked with 3BB/4DD games. And what do BBs do ofc? Complain about how OP DDs are :fish_palm: Thats what you get for r*ping your counter too hard - noone wants to be target practice all the time.

Problem is, Cruiser players migrate to something else, but BBabies dont stop playing BBs. Instead they will whine to WG to buff BBs even more and/or nerf DDs.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,569 posts
9,841 battles
5 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

And ship popularity, well anyone can choose ship class they want.

Doesnt make for a good game tho... also, if everyone would play BB, then everyone would also sit in queue forever :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1