major_Gspot

getting a higher winrate

11 comments in this topic

Question

Players
14 posts
212 battles

good day gentlemen 

i was wondering how to get your winrate up , i do know that the most easy answer is just play , but im looking for some tips and tricks

as im at around 120 games and suffering at around 46% winrate , i would like to go 50+ if possible

so if there is a good tactic to get a bit better i would love to hear about it 

thanks in advance 

a low level sailor

10 answers to this question

Beta Tester
2,049 posts
18,986 battles

1. Learn the game mechanics. This game is deeper than it seems at first glance and some of its mechanics are poorly documented (if at all). Knowing them gives you an advantage over many players. Just as an example: try to find out the meaning behind the number 14.3

2. Have individual ship stats in your head. Knowing stuff like concealment ranges, reload times of armament, armour schemes and so on not only for your own ship but also for all the ships that you encounter, is a basis to be more successful. For a newcomer that is a huge pile of data to learn. That is one reason why rushing through the tiers produces bad results.

3. Don't rush through the tiers. Consolidate whatever you learned by playing plenty of battles on that level. Play several ships and ship types on a tier and get consistently good results in them before moving on.

4. Minimap - your best friend. Many new players focus on their skirmish with whatever enemy ship they see on the big screen. They completely forget/ignore that there are many more duels happening on the battlefield. Learning to recognize, interpret and predict the big picture is essential for getting a good WR. This skill will let you know a good position, a bad position, enemies trying to move in a good position or trying to ambush you or your mates and so on.

• Cool 2

[-DGH-]
[-DGH-]
Players
336 posts
3,261 battles

Your goal should be first to reach a win rate of 50%, which would be already ok. To increase the win rate it is vital to watch better player on youtube and try to understand their gameplay. There are numerous youtube vids about improving your gameplay for different classes and ships. 

Don't rush in tiers to fast. I have 2800 battles and don't play tier 10 yet.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,397 posts
916 battles
9 hours ago, major_Gspot said:

good day gentlemen 

i was wondering how to get your winrate up , i do know that the most easy answer is just play , but im looking for some tips and tricks

as im at around 120 games and suffering at around 46% winrate , i would like to go 50+ if possible

thanks in advance 

a low level sailor

Thanks for all your replies, Captains! Also, to get a better knowledge of the game mechanics, I would like to suggest you take a look at our series of tutorials "How it Works" which can be very helpful.😊 

Also, our Wiki contains a lot of useful information https://wiki.wargaming.net/cs/World_of_Warships

Players
14 posts
212 battles
4 hours ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

1. Learn the game mechanics. This game is deeper than it seems at first glance and some of its mechanics are poorly documented (if at all). Knowing them gives you an advantage over many players. Just as an example: try to find out the meaning behind the number 14.3

2. Have individual ship stats in your head. Knowing stuff like concealment ranges, reload times of armament, armour schemes and so on not only for your own ship but also for all the ships that you encounter, is a basis to be more successful. For a newcomer that is a huge pile of data to learn. That is one reason why rushing through the tiers produces bad results.

3. Don't rush through the tiers. Consolidate whatever you learned by playing plenty of battles on that level. Play several ships and ship types on a tier and get consistently good results in them before moving on.

4. Minimap - your best friend. Many new players focus on their skirmish with whatever enemy ship they see on the big screen. They completely forget/ignore that there are many more duels happening on the battlefield. Learning to recognize, interpret and predict the big picture is essential for getting a good WR. This skill will let you know a good position, a bad position, enemies trying to move in a good position or trying to ambush you or your mates and so on.

as i have no clue what you mean by 13.4 i shall need to do some research :p

it is a lot indeed to get in my head , i was expecting it would be a bit like wot but dang i was so wrong :o

imma stay around tier 4-5 until i get the tricks of the trade 

thank you very much for the information good sir , much appreciated 

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

Players
14 posts
212 battles
2 hours ago, xe_N_on said:

Your goal should be first to reach a win rate of 50%, which would be already ok. To increase the win rate it is vital to watch better player on youtube and try to understand their gameplay. There are numerous youtube vids about improving your gameplay for different classes and ships. 

Don't rush in tiers to fast. I have 2800 battles and don't play tier 10 yet.

i was on tier 7 but i think i might go down to tier 5 until i get how it all works , thank you for the information sir

Players
14 posts
212 battles
1 hour ago, TheWarJaC said:

Thanks for all your replies, Captains! Also, to get a better knowledge of the game mechanics, I would like to suggest you take a look at our series of tutorials "How it Works" which can be very helpful.😊 

Also, our Wiki contains a lot of useful information https://wiki.wargaming.net/cs/World_of_Warships

i will take a good look at the tutorials sir , thank you very much :)

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,397 posts
916 battles
3 minutes ago, major_Gspot said:

i will take a good look at the tutorials sir , thank you very much :)

You are welcome, Captain. Good luck! 😊

[LSCA]
Players
1,640 posts
12,834 battles
12 hours ago, major_Gspot said:

good day gentlemen 

thanks in advance 

a low level sailor

you cant get winrate up, as like always even if you very good player, WG with his MM balance may screw you

Sign in to follow this