You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PoetRaptor

Coal and Steel Ships Should Not be Withdrawn from the Armory Until the Update After the -25% Coupons are Issued

30 comments in this topic

[AMASS]
[AMASS]
Beta Tester
162 posts

Coal and Steel ships (e.g. Somers) should not be withdrawn from the Armory until the update after the -25% coupons are issued (as was the case with Thunderer, Georgia and Alaska).

Players who've been saving Coal or Steel should be given that last chance to get the ship they've been saving for.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BOATY]
Players
1,592 posts
18,060 battles
19 minutes ago, PoetRaptor said:

Coal and Steel ships (e.g. Somers) should not be withdrawn from the Armory until the update after the -25% coupons are issued (as was the case with Thunderer, Georgia and Alaska).

Players who've been saving Coal or Steel should be given that last chance to get the ship they've been saving for.

You are assuming WG gives a damn about customer satisfaction.

• Cool 16
  • Funny 3

[SVX]
Players
1,850 posts
20,871 battles
21 minutes ago, PoetRaptor said:

they did anounce it being removed, right before chrsitmas i belive so when you got a cupoon if you spend it on something else its your own fault. 

[AMASS]
[AMASS]
Beta Tester
162 posts
6 minutes ago, albin322 said:

they did anounce it being removed, right before chrsitmas i belive so when you got a cupoon if you spend it on something else its your own fault. 

I spent that coupon on Thunderer, thank you, and WG only issues one coupon per 6 months to cover both Coal and Steel ships, despite those resources being amassed separately, and despite Coal and Steel ships being removed simultaneously.

Maybe WG should issue separate coupons for Coal, Steel, and maybe even Research Bureau ships.

So whose fault do you judge it to be now, "Solomon"?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[THESO]
Players
6,558 posts
23,401 battles
18 minutes ago, albin322 said:

Yeah like they did announce withdrawing the Smaland 1 week after I bought the Hayate is my own fault too. Good luck collecting 2 mil FXP in the remaining time, so yeah, failed that. My fault. Sorry. :fish_nerv:

Withdrawing ships is marketing BS.

• Cool 5

[SVX]
Players
1,850 posts
20,871 battles
9 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Yeah like they did announce withdrawing the Smaland 1 week after I bought the Hayate is my own fault too. Good luck collecting 2 mil FXP in the remaining time, so yeah, failed that. My fault. Sorry. :fish_nerv:

dont give me that i remeber that thread you made about buying it! there where countless people telling you to buy småland instead. 

• Cool 1

[SVX]
Players
1,850 posts
20,871 battles
16 minutes ago, PoetRaptor said:

I spent that coupon on Thunderer, thank you, and WG only issues one coupon per 6 months to cover both Coal and Steel ships, despite those resources being amassed separately, and despite Coal and Steel ships being removed simultaneously.

Maybe WG should issue separate coupons for Coal, Steel, and maybe even Research Bureau ships.

so you had to choose between thunderer and somers. 

i did not buy fdr instead i bought somers i had to choose. 

• Cool 2

[SINT]
Players
1,600 posts
29,616 battles
1 minute ago, Europizza said:

Withdrawing ships even with a gracious warning in advance does not always save you from not getting a ship. Even when you saved your precious discount coupon you not always have enough spare coal/ steel etc to make use of the time to farm the required currency.  I bought Bourgogne last year and even with coupon I am 10k steel short for Sommers. 

But even with an easier currency like coal... Both Georgia and Thunderer went  away. Normally you save up coal and buy the ship you want when you got the required amount.  Might wait for a coupon for the more expensive ones... But getting Thunderer and Georgia at the same time...  even with coupon that around 400 k coal. If WG caught you unprepared with a depleted stock you’re in trouble...

Currently I save up coal ( and FXP, RP and steel) beyond the required amount to buy ship x just to make sure when I buy a ship I still have enough reserves left that can be restored to buy another ship in a rush if WG announces a withdrawal.

• Cool 2

[SVX]
Players
1,850 posts
20,871 battles
15 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Withdrawing ships even with a gracious warning in advance does not always save you from not getting a ship. Even when you saved your precious discount coupon you not always have enough spare coal/ steel etc to make use of the time to farm the required currency.  I bought Bourgogne last year and even with coupon I am 10k steel short for Sommers. 

But even with an easier currency like coal... Both Georgia and Thunderer went  away. Normally you save up coal and buy the ship you want when you got the required amount.  Might wait for a coupon for the more expensive ones... But getting Thunderer and Georgia at the same time...  even with coupon that around 400 k coal. If WG caught you unprepared with a depleted stock you’re in trouble...

Currently I save up coal ( and FXP, RP and steel) beyond the required amount to buy ship x just to make sure when I buy a ship I still have enough reserves left that can be restored to buy another ship in a rush if WG announces a withdrawal.

thumbs upp thats what i do to! 

Players
2,440 posts
15,193 battles
58 minutes ago, albin322 said:

Actually they should never withdraw any ship that was given out by coal or steel, simply for the fact that it creates a huge disadvantage for players who didn't have the chance to get it. Look at tournaments, clan battles, ranked. Everyone who got the i.e. Smaland is a god now, dominates the competitive modes while others are screwed and have no real equivalently strong ship available. If a ship is overpowered, nerf it. But removing it because it is 'too popular' is just plain stupid decision making and only displays how poorly WG handles these situations.

• Cool 7

Players
7,358 posts
11,689 battles
21 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Actually they should never withdraw any ship that was given out by coal or steel, simply for the fact that it creates a huge disadvantage for players who didn't have the chance to get it. Look at tournaments, clan battles, ranked. Everyone who got the i.e. Smaland is a god now, dominates the competitive modes while others are screwed and have no real equivalently strong ship available. If a ship is overpowered, nerf it. But removing it because it is 'too popular' is just plain stupid decision making and only displays how poorly WG handles these situations. 

You are still assuming we are playing an actual video game here? This is all just a money making sceme, using FOMO, time-gated quests and other tools, to maximize their income...

• Cool 2

Players
1,993 posts
13,785 battles
1 hour ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Those dead-eye griefers... always complaining... :Smile_trollface:

Funny thing is that if they hadn't removed Thunderer from the Armory there would be a lot less sailing around...

I wanted to get something else but because they were to remove it I had to get the stupid Thunderer. (Played 2 games in it... I prefer the Conqkek)

I really don't understand the point of removing ships at all... What difference does it make if there are 200 000 or 250 000 Smolensks??? Not much. But by removing them they actually make us get those ones and if you just got it you want to play it... Aaaand that is the reason of the around patch full Thunderer MMs...

Because WeeGee is professional...

wow-so-professional-much-professional.jp

• Cool 2

[ALONE]
Players
133 posts
32,060 battles
1 hour ago, Humorpalanta said:

I really don't understand the point of removing ships at all...

1 hour ago, Humorpalanta said:

I wanted to get something else but because they were to remove it I had to get the stupid Thunderer.

You answered your own question.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
809 posts

1. Save your coupon until right before you’re issued a new one.....

2. And as others state, save coal and steel beyond the amount needed.....

3. Play more.... you can get all the steel and coal needed if you sink your time into the game (or yolo-die in ranked for the required wins)

4. Go to the forum and cry because you didn’t figure the above out, and WG will give you the ship for free because they feel sorry for you.

Beta Tester
4,133 posts
18,883 battles
5 hours ago, PoetRaptor said:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0911-winter-trophies/#armory

Removal of Alsaka etc was announced in patch notes on December 1st, coupon came available late December. 

Removal of Somers was already known from Devblog and announced in patch notes on December 21, shortly before the coupon:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0912-new-year/#armory

[GJE]
Players
764 posts
4 hours ago, Europizza said:

I was in exactly same situation, bought Hayate like 2 days before announcement (but no regrets there), but I did manage to get Smaland. Oh boy, what a grind it was... Burnt all my dragon flags and special camos, and sunk hours into it. Again, no regrets, great boat. I tried to grind steel for Somers, but I have no coupon left, and still like 7k short. Won't make it... 

[CAIN]
Players
5,198 posts
24,764 battles
5 hours ago, PoetRaptor said:

Yours.

WG issues one coupon every 6 months. You are the one who has to choose what to spend it on. You made your choice.

If WG would allow coupons for each resource, we'd be flooded with even more Thunderers, Somers, Stalingrad and FDRs. 

No thx.

Players
2,233 posts
15,920 battles
5 ore fa, Europizza ha scritto:

how did you farm that much free exp?

[SVX]
Players
1,850 posts
20,871 battles
3 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

probably like me. all dragon flags + best free xp cammos (i had a toon from clanbattles + events)

and you play well get around 1800-2000 basexp = 30.000 xp and 30.000 free xp per game! 

Players
5,368 posts
22,573 battles

I bought the Stalingrad recently but I’m getting increasingly concerned that the FDR might disappear before I can save up enough to get it. 

The truth is that it will always be too late for some and the warning they give already creates a mass buying impulse. Just have a look at how many thunderers were sold in the last few months.

They have to cut it off at some point and some will not be happy about this.

[THESO]
Players
6,558 posts
23,401 battles
5 hours ago, albin322 said:

dont give me that i remeber that thread you made about buying it! there where countless people telling you to buy småland instead. 

Whoa completely missing the point here. I have zero regrets buying the Hayate, the point is withdrawing ships is BS in itself. Its marketing bullocks.

[THESO]
Players
6,558 posts
23,401 battles
42 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

I didnt. I got to 1.3M fxp when the Smaland was pulled.

51 minutes ago, dommo77 said:

I was in exactly same situation, bought Hayate like 2 days before announcement (but no regrets there), but I did manage to get Smaland. Oh boy, what a grind it was... Burnt all my dragon flags and special camos, and sunk hours into it. Again, no regrets, great boat. I tried to grind steel for Somers, but I have no coupon left, and still like 7k short. Won't make it... 

I cant get myself to grind that hard for a game that is in decline for me personally. I stopped sponsering WG late 2019. I wont buy fxp from this god aweful selfdestructing gamedevelopment path.

[UNNF]
Players
380 posts
27,718 battles

Don't give a holy cow for a long time about WG marketing tricks and mind games. 

Playing push and pull old sales tactics and forcing players to grind like zombies or open the wallet ( or both ) !! 

Eneco holy cow by Mia , via Behance | Animals, Cow photos, Cow

Holy cow :cap_old:

Beta Tester
2,896 posts
22,133 battles
Vor 14 Stunden, Jvd2000 sagte:

Doing it like this ever since they removed Missouri. That was the alarm bell ringing for me.