You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Psychatogg

WG premium for WOWS and WOT silently gone?

44 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
6,802 posts
4,524 battles
Před 16 hodinami danish1starmoured řekl/a:

You can no longer buy wargaming premium account (the one for all 3 wargaming games) with Gold og doublons. Only real money. That is a Cheasy move by WG.

This option is no longer possible since announcement of WoWs Premium, which gives more bonuses than WG one. Also it is kinda logical, that you can't buy premium time for another game with premium currency of this game, especially when we have our own premium time.

[CZSKN]
Players
99 posts
4,081 battles
Před 59 minutami YabbaCoe řekl/a:

This option is no longer possible since announcement of WoWs Premium, which gives more bonuses than WG one. Also it is kinda logical, that you can't buy premium time for another game with premium currency of this game, especially when we have our own premium time.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/wows-premium/

It should be CLEARLY stated in this article, but you guys have HIDDEN it in the soviet BB update. I play both games WOT and WOWS, and purchased lootboxes for gold with sole reason to just buy WG premium, because I refuse to pay anything else to this company. This way, I feel that is just the way to increase your income in already crazily overpriced game. If you are removing some features that can be purchased with ingame currencies, which involves real money, then you should announce it VERY CLEARLY, even by email or so, that players have at least chance to buy it upfront, or choose not to purchase the ingame currency.

If I may ask, what is the reason to remove purchasing WG premium for ingame currencies? I think it is to get money from players that are playing both game, because it is really not good for us to pay 2x premium time for both games. The real reason is, that players would be able to get ingame currencies and purchasing WG premium for both games, playing for more reasonable investment of money - but that is not what WG wants, better make exclusive premium time for both to get more money. If you really just wanted to please players, then you would have added both premium improvements into the WG premium, or keep it as it was before.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,802 posts
4,524 battles
Před 27 minutami Psychatogg řekl/a:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/wows-premium/

It should be CLEARLY stated in this article, but you guys have HIDDEN it in the soviet BB update. I play both games WOT and WOWS, and purchased lootboxes for gold with sole reason to just buy WG premium, because I refuse to pay anything else to this company. This way, I feel that is just the way to increase your income in already crazily overpriced game. If you are removing some features that can be purchased with ingame currencies, which involves real money, then you should announce it VERY CLEARLY, even by email or so, that players have at least chance to buy it upfront, or choose not to purchase the ingame currency.

If I may ask, what is the reason to remove purchasing WG premium for ingame currencies? I think it is to get money from players that are playing both game, because it is really not good for us to pay 2x premium time for both games. The real reason is, that players would be able to get ingame currencies and purchasing WG premium for both games, playing for more reasonable investment of money - but that is not what WG wants, better make exclusive premium time for both to get more money. If you really just wanted to please players, then you would have added both premium improvements into the WG premium, or keep it as it was before.

WoT and WoWs as you know have different premium currencies - gold and doubloons, which are relevant only for this game (golds are used also in WoWP). So because those currencies are relevant only for this game, also purchases with them are relevant only for this game. So if you want to spend your doubloons, you can spend it on only Warships stuff. Same goes for golds in WoT. That is also why we have our own Warships premium and Tanks have their own one too. Both games have different ways how to earn those premium currencies also in game.

Though WoT and WoWs are from the same company, they are two different products, having separate almost everything.

That is why there is still an option to purchase WG premium, which is usable for all WG titles, but only option how to get that is only for money, as their ingame premium currencies are relevant only for that game and nothing else.

Players
581 posts
17,662 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, YabbaCoe sagte:

This option is no longer possible since announcement of WoWs Premium, which gives more bonuses than WG one.

Absolutely not true. In fact the announcement of Warships Prem proclaimed that WG Prem would continue to be available at the same price in the same currency. To quote:

Zitat

First of all, it's worth mentioning that these two types of Premium Account carry the same price tag. You can select whichever of the two that best suits your preferences, and you can obtain them at the same cost, either through the Premium Shop or within the game by paying with doubloons.

image.thumb.png.c22b02e0680952a1f3f2a01fda2c26f6.png

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
1,122 posts
5,879 battles
On 2/28/2021 at 10:57 AM, Psychatogg said:

ok I missed that - but before was available for gold in WOT, and I have saved the gold for that, now cannot get it. I did not see any announcement regarding this from WG.

How did you miss it when it was shown to you in your identical thread on the Tanks forum the day before you started this thread?

On 2/28/2021 at 11:49 AM, Klopirat said:

... for some time one was able to buy WG premium for WoT gold in WoWP, but afaik also this is not possible any longer...:Smile_facepalm:

Apparently you still can (screenshot not mine, taken from thread linked above).

shot_123.jpg

[WG]
WG Staff
6,802 posts
4,524 battles
Před 7 minutami 300ConfirmedKills řekl/a:

Absolutely not true. In fact the announcement of Warships Prem proclaimed that WG Prem would continue to be available at the same price in the same currency. To quote:

image.thumb.png.c22b02e0680952a1f3f2a01fda2c26f6.png

Indeed, it was possible to purchase that for doubloons, when we announced this change. Because it was very new. Also during 0.7.12 all Wargaming Premium you had was copied into Warships premium, while still having Wargaming premium (it wasn't stacking over each other).

As was mentioned in this thread, with the arrival of 0.8.4,  https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-084-soviet-battleships/, so 5 months later, we disabled that option to purchase WG premium with doubloons.

I have to admit, I forgot about exact dates, well it happened two years ago and I simply can't remember every single date what happened.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,288 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, Strapps sagte:

ok but than it was re-added. Because I remember that I checked some time ago in WoWP and back then only WoWP premium was available ingame WoWP for gold, not the normal WG premium

[F_M_B]
[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,074 posts
6,440 battles
22 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

ok but than it was re-added. Because I remember that I checked some time ago in WoWP and back then only WoWP premium was available ingame WoWP for gold, not the normal WG premium

WoWp-Premium is the 3in1-WG-Premium.

=> You still can buy WG-Premium with Gold (not doubloons), you just need WoWp installed on your computer.

Players
4 posts
1,704 battles
2 hours ago, Spartan_93 said:

WoWp-Premium is the 3in1-WG-Premium.

=> You still can buy WG-Premium with Gold (not doubloons), you just need WoWp installed on your computer.

I Cannot. Are you sure?

Players
4 posts
1,704 battles
3 hours ago, Strapps said:

How did you miss it when it was shown to you in your identical thread on the Tanks forum the day before you started this thread?

shot_123.jpg

I dont know about that picture. I have the same picture in WOWP, except the premium time is ONLY for WOWP. The premium time/account for all 3 wargaming products look very different and can still ONLY be Bought with real life currency. So this is probably a fake picture! 
Sorry!

[F_M_B]
[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,074 posts
6,440 battles
54 minutes ago, danish1starmoured said:

I Cannot. Are you sure?

shot_309.thumb.jpg.87f33e9a7b72a992dc237fedea155526.jpg

Yes, in WoWp, there is an option (pop up menu) to buy WG-Premium in the upper left corner left corner.

Players
4 posts
1,704 battles
Just now, Spartan_93 said:

shot_309.thumb.jpg.87f33e9a7b72a992dc237fedea155526.jpg

Yes, in WoWp, there is an option (pop up menu) to buy WG-Premium in the upper left corner left corner.

This is only for WOWP. Major difference here! Look at What i write. Please!

On 3/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, YabbaCoe said:

I can confirm, what others mentioned here, WG premium wasn't removed and it still exist.

If you open Premium Shop and after that Premium Account on the top of the screen, than just easily scroll down and you will find Wargaming Premium account.

[F_M_B]
[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,074 posts
6,440 battles

There premium Account I have bought for 150 tokens is working in all 3 games.

Ok, english hint says the same: only valid for WoWp.

I will ask Blindfold about this.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,802 posts
4,524 battles
Před 1 hodinou danish1starmoured řekl/a:

This is only for WOWP. Major difference here! Look at What i write. Please!

If you buy Wargaming Premium in WoWP, it will be active on other products as well. Of course if you don't have WoT Premium, or WoWs premium active in meantime.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

How is this complex or controversial. Premium for WOWS and WOT is the same price, but the ways and rate at which you can acquire gold in both games is different, it makes sense you can't buy WOT premium with WOWS currency or vice versa. I don't know why WOWP is an exception to this but if I had to guess : WOWP is nowhere near as popular and they want to make it easy for you to play planes sometimes. It's no secret weegee beat the other guys with boats and the other guys beat weegee with planes.

[F_M_B]
[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,074 posts
6,440 battles

Blindfold also confirmed, that it is a localization mistake:

It is just a localization mistake, nothing has changed in regards to the shared Premium account, it still works for all three titles 

=> You can buy 3in1 WG-Premium in WoWp for Gold.

Players
581 posts
17,662 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, NikolayKuznetsov sagte:

How is this complex or controversial. Premium for WOWS and WOT is the same price, but the ways and rate at which you can acquire gold in both games is different, it makes sense you can't buy WOT premium with WOWS currency or vice versa. I don't know why WOWP is an exception to this but if I had to guess : WOWP is nowhere near as popular and they want to make it easy for you to play planes sometimes. It's no secret weegee beat the other guys with boats and the other guys beat weegee with planes.

Older players will remember that WG expressed an intention to unify the game economies, meaning that premium currency, free XP and premium time earned in one game would be available to use in the others. The only aspects of this that were implemented, as far as I know, were the global premium account and the sharing of free XP between WoT and WoWp. I don't know of any other signs of WG pursuing the unified economy goal aside from those, and the implementation of the game-specific prem accounts serves as an implicit rejection of the concept, in the absence of any recent explicit statement from WG on the subject.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,170 posts
21,672 battles
7 hours ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

Older players will remember that WG expressed an intention to unify the game economies, meaning that premium currency, free XP and premium time earned in one game would be available to use in the others. The only aspects of this that were implemented, as far as I know, were the global premium account and the sharing of free XP between WoT and WoWp. I don't know of any other signs of WG pursuing the unified economy goal aside from those, and the implementation of the game-specific prem accounts serves as an implicit rejection of the concept, in the absence of any recent explicit statement from WG on the subject.

Intention is a very important word it means they would like to not that they will

And it quite quickly came apparent that they could not make it work......    Free XP for example we get UDDLES more of it in ships than we do in tanks..

I had it explained to me by a senior WG developer..   The issue of having joint currency is making it work...

Anything they give us in ships to earn a currency may break tanks and vice versa..   Again free XP is a great example.. The amount of free XP we get in ships would completely break WOT..  I would put WOWS free XP earning capacity something like 10x that of World of Tanks and the same with Credits

Also it meant that any offers for PRem time or Dubloons/Gold free XP anything had to be approved by the other games.. Even things like flags that deliver free XP would have to be approved by tanks.

Basically (and  this may have been bad on wargaming  part) the economy of tanks and ships are built in very different ways 

Just imagine if I could use my 900 000 000 mil credits in tanks or my 4.2 00000 free XP

For the Record, the whole reason for the explanation I got was because I was complaining about not being able to buy wargaming Prem from within warships or tanks for Gold/Dubloons.. I did not like it, but I understood WG's explanation