You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
captain_Kaloyan

Can you hide the "Made of steel" camo?

24 comments in this topic

[COIN]
Players
12 posts
4,325 battles

I just want to make sure if i can because i've been thinking about getting a T10 steel camo but I want to hide it (and have it revert to the doubloon one). Turning off decorative or sth from the additional content settings should work, right?

Players
2,023 posts
12,633 battles
7 minutes ago, captain_Kaloyan said:

I just want to make sure if i can because i've been thinking about getting a T10 steel camo but I want to hide it (and have it revert to the doubloon one). Turning off decorative or sth from the additional content settings should work, right?

We had this topic just recently and someone said he tried all settings to hide the camo and it didn't work. So there is a good chance that you can not hide it yet, but maybe WG will add an option some day.

[THESO]
Players
4,914 posts

A mod (if there is such) can hide any camo for yourself, while others will still see it.

Players
4,368 posts
5,709 battles

You can use Aslain mode for skins, they will be visible only to you anyway, with Aslain or with in game settings.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,974 posts
10,606 battles
1 hour ago, captain_Kaloyan said:

Why tho? 

[COIN]
Players
12 posts
4,325 battles

I think I solved it for myself. I turned off decorative from the settings and then checked out the Armory preview and it had reverted to the doubloon camo on the Yamato. So I guess it works. image.thumb.png.c35d2a68b313cbd95723e5ca4d94c2c1.png

• Cool 1

Players
2,023 posts
12,633 battles
On 2/28/2021 at 1:07 PM, hellhound666 said:

for starter it is ugly ...

It looks badass …

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,250 posts
4,495 battles
V 28. 2. 2021 v 11:03 captain_Kaloyan řekl/a:

Why would you hide this camo? Actually it is even more closer to reality than other camos, even the consumable ones, which can't be hidden.

AFAIK Made of Steel can't be hidden, but I will verify that.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,132 posts
11 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Why would you hide this camo? Actually it is even more closer to reality than other camos, even the consumable ones, which can't be hidden.

yes. all warships are well known to have been polished ... epic

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,250 posts
4,495 battles
Před 11 minutami hellhound666 řekl/a:

yes. all warships are well known to have been polished ... epic

Why not? If the crew take a good care about her :cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
1,132 posts
19 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Why not? If the crew take a good care about her :cap_haloween:

yeah, while wearing slippers ...

no wonder that wg/lesta is where they are

[COIN]
Players
12 posts
4,325 battles
2 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

I find it too shiny, it really sticks out in comparison with the regular textures. Just me though. Weird that it worked in the preview though. 

[YEBOI]
Players
201 posts
13,220 battles

The camo is meant for showing off.

@YabbaCoe I demand that everyone gets to see my glorious steel camo and should there be the option to disable steel camos, that the option to hide them gets disabled :cap_like:

• Funny 2

Modder
5,300 posts
24,097 battles
4 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

4 hours ago, captain_Kaloyan said:

I turned off decorative from the settings and then checked out the Armory preview and it had reverted to the doubloon camo on the Yamato. (...)

image.thumb.png.c35d2a68b313cbd95723e5ca4d94c2c1.png

If really Steel camo is defined as decorative, then there is not any sense to buy it for people like me, which has decorative turned off. Problem is in decorative category mostly there are fancy skins which some people can't stand, but it's mixed with camouflages like ex. black friday ships, which are perfectly fine. So I have black Sims which is not a reskin, but sry - no black for me, the same it looks is for Made of Steel.

Turning on/off decorative is not an option, becouse I don't like to see fancy reskins on any ship, but what is a difference with this Black Sims vs normal Sims with black camo, or naked Yama vs Steel Yama to make it hidden from my eyes, while there are much more controversial camouflages ?

btw. this is a skin

WG_WoWS_SPb_Screenshots_supertest_0_8_3_

and this is just a camouflage on Sims B, both defined as decorative.

1200px-Sims_B_wows_main.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
564 posts
17,449 battles

The real question is why these hyper expensive camos (steel, clan/ranked tokens) don't have hyper good bonuses like the Ultimate Mustang and Ultimate Crocodiles camos.

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Bro why would you hide a chrome battleship
c.h.r.o.m.e  b.a.t.t.l.e.s.h.i.p
The only thing cooler than a chrome battleship is ... a gold plated flamethrower, with lasers.

• Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff
6,250 posts
4,495 battles
Před 13 hodinami Odo_Toothless řekl/a:

If really Steel camo is defined as decorative, then there is not any sense to buy it for people like me, which has decorative turned off. Problem is in decorative category mostly there are fancy skins which some people can't stand, but it's mixed with camouflages like ex. black friday ships, which are perfectly fine. So I have black Sims which is not a reskin, but sry - no black for me, the same it looks is for Made of Steel.

Turning on/off decorative is not an option, becouse I don't like to see fancy reskins on any ship, but what is a difference with this Black Sims vs normal Sims with black camo, or naked Yama vs Steel Yama to make it hidden from my eyes, while there are much more controversial camouflages ?

btw. this is a skin

WG_WoWS_SPb_Screenshots_supertest_0_8_3_

and this is just a camouflage on Sims B, both defined as decorative.

1200px-Sims_B_wows_main.jpg

You are correct. I received official confirmation this morning, that indeed Made of Steel camo can be hidden by switching off "Decorative" in port filter options.

Sorry if I confused someone with my reply sooner. I don't own this one yet, so I couldn't check myself.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,132 posts
9 hours ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

The real question is why these hyper expensive camos (steel, clan/ranked tokens) don't have hyper good bonuses like the Ultimate Mustang and Ultimate Crocodiles camos.

why should they if there are enough ... people buying them just for "badass" look

Modder
5,300 posts
24,097 battles
57 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

You are correct. I received official confirmation this morning, that indeed Made of Steel camo can be hidden by switching off "Decorative" in port filter options. Sorry if I confused someone with my reply sooner. I don't own this one yet, so I couldn't check myself.

The fact that you didn't know is not a problem :-). But why do they mix in the same filter skins with camouflages? It does not make sense.Some of us don't like skins which change shape of the ship, but have not a problem with camos ...

So If don't want to see something like this etc,  what breaks immersion for me, why I am punished with having no ability to see Black Friday camos or Made from Steel ? Made a decorative skins and decorative camouflages filters and problem is solved. Mayby then i will buy next Black ship, becouse so far having Sims B, I don't see any difference with normal Sims ...

shot-20_01.21_09_38.21-0844.jpg.a9457e12c020684a27c2268a405a0083.jpg.e8400bbbb268ca5ae2d955f136abc0e6.jpg

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,328 posts
32,282 battles
18 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Why not? If the crew take a good care about her

Warships had to be "matte", have matt surfaces.

I remember reading about an order to the captains of coastal/ASW-ships of the US-navy by start of WWII not to clean the ships "too well". It leads to sun-reflections which give away their position to planes. The pilot of a courier-plane wondered what was the blinking far away and changed course to see if it was a ship in emergency. He then discovered that it was a tiny sub-chaser which he would never discovered if it wasn´t for the reflections on the well polished surfaces. The courier reported his observations and it turned out that the sub-chaser´s captain was a man well-known for pushing his men´s discipline and also... ordering to wipe the decks every day. So he was ordered to not be that meticulous.

There you go :)

Besides, I will buy a Steel(TM)-camo the second we get the option to hide them. Or to display all camos as simply light-gray, as were most ships in WW1&2.

EDIT: ok @YabbaCoe I saw this one late. Well that´s good news, thank you :cap_like:

Edited by VIadoCro

Players
564 posts
17,449 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, hellhound666 sagte:

why should they if there are enough ... people buying them just for "badass" look

Yep you are right: the people that buy them are justification enough for WG. They need to offer more for me to buy one though.

Beta Tester
2,049 posts
18,986 battles
Am 28.2.2021 um 11:44, nambr9 sagte:

A mod (if there is such) can hide any camo for yourself, while others will still see it.

I plead to make it "un-off-switchable" and to all modders not to make such a mod. If I pay 10k of steel for a camo I  want everybody to have to look at it.

For the same reason that I play loud music in my car and open the windows.

BTW WG, what about a pimp camo? Purple velvet, 2 fuzzy dice hanging on the bridge, maybe a foxtail at the antenna...

• Funny 1