You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
15JG52Robi

Low FPS in WOWS

6 comments in this topic

Question

[FJAKA]
Players
20 posts
5,834 battles

Hello everyone.

I have a strange problem, I have updated my graphics card from R390X to RTX 3070 and I am getting the exact same FPS in-game ( around 75 FPS) which should not be possible since 3070 is maybe 5 times faster than 390x!

I am running Ryzen 5 5600X, 32GB system RAM, 3070 8GB OC on 3440*1440 144Hz monitor, refresh rate is set to 144Hz, G-SYNC is enabled.

Any idea how to get a higher FPS?

5 answers to this question

[FJAKA]
Players
20 posts
5,834 battles

Thanks, I did download the mod station and found the FPS setting value but the maximum is 60 FPS so not much help there. Thanks anyway!

[-NSC-]
Players
13 posts
18,709 battles
3 hours ago, PlsReworkThePlayerbase said:

FPS are more or less locked by default at 75, but afaik you can unlock the framerate by using a certain mod from the ModStation. You can download it here.

Hi, there! You have 2 options when it comes to override the default max FPS settings (75 fps):

1.  Open the folder C:\Games\World_of_Warships_EU\bin (or wherever you may have installed the client)
  2.  Open the subfolder with the highest number (current version), i.e. C:\Games\World_of_Warships_EU\bin\3471783
  3. You now have to edit the file "engine_config.xml" located in 2 different subfolders, namely "res" and "res_mods". Edit both files in Notepad or a text editor of your choice.
  4. Edit the value from the default <maxFrameRate>75</maxFrameRate> to <maxFrameRate>144</maxFrameRate> (make sure that the number corresponds with your monitor's max framerate as it may be lower than your graphics card's max fps). 144 Hz = 144 fps.
  5. Save the edited files and close them (ctrl + s)
  6. Enjoy your maxed out FPS!
  7. Note: You have to repeat this procedure every time WG releases a new major patch
  • If you download Aslain, then you can select your desired fps cap close to the bottom of the list of options and addons, and it will edit the files automatically for you. Just make sure that you keep your addons and settings updated, at least download the new version of Aslain whenever a new major patch is released

Happy trails and o7 from [-NSC-] WeserBlitz on EU

EDIT: I quoted/replied to the wrong person at first, sorry. Can't delete this post, but quoted the original poster now so he's being notified

Edited by WeserBlitz
replied to the wrong person

[-NSC-]
Players
13 posts
18,709 battles
4 hours ago, 15JG52Robi said:

Hello everyone.

I have a strange problem, I have updated my graphics card from R390X to RTX 3070 and I am getting the exact same FPS in-game ( around 75 FPS) which should not be possible since 3070 is maybe 5 times faster than 390x!

I am running Ryzen 5 5600X, 32GB system RAM, 3070 8GB OC on 3440*1440 144Hz monitor, refresh rate is set to 144Hz, G-SYNC is enabled.

Any idea how to get a higher FPS?

Hi, there! You have 2 options when it comes to override the default max FPS settings (75 fps):

1.  Open the folder C:\Games\World_of_Warships_EU\bin (or wherever you may have installed the client)
  2.  Open the subfolder with the highest number (current version), i.e. C:\Games\World_of_Warships_EU\bin\3471783
  3. You now have to edit the file "engine_config.xml" located in 2 different subfolders, namely "res" and "res_mods". Edit both files in Notepad or a text editor of your choice.
  4. Edit the value from the default <maxFrameRate>75</maxFrameRate> to <maxFrameRate>144</maxFrameRate> (make sure that the number corresponds with your monitor's max framerate as it may be lower than your graphics card's max fps). 144 Hz = 144 fps.
  5. Save the edited files and close them (ctrl + s)
  6. Enjoy your maxed out FPS!
  7. Note: You have to repeat this procedure every time WG releases a new major patch
  • If you download Aslain, then you can select your desired fps cap close to the bottom of the list of options and addons, and it will edit the files automatically for you. Just make sure that you keep your addons and settings updated, at least download the new version of Aslain whenever a new major patch is released

Happy trails and o7 from [-NSC-] WeserBlitz on EU

Modder
5,268 posts
23,774 battles

WoWs is not a first person shooter game. 50 FPS which I capped a game is enough. Going higher then 60 FPS will only make Your computer consume much more energy and $$ without any real gains ...