Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Snowy_a

By how much does range mod increase accuracy

8 comments in this topic

[BABBY]
Players
91 posts
4,768 battles

Is it because of the dispersion mods, like mounting the -7% in slot 3 since it uses max dispersion

Edit: Does spotter plane work same way?

[CHEFT]
Players
12,416 posts
9,841 battles

Technically range mod doesnt (shouldnt?) increase dispersion, because max dispersion is based on range in the first place. So if you increase range, you also increase max dispersion.

But recently someone posted, that apparently vertical (was it vertical?) dispersion supposedly doesnt increase if you increase the range, which means, you would get more accurate at all ranges if you use range mod and spotter plane.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
91 posts
4,768 battles
22 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Technically range mod doesnt (shouldnt?) increase dispersion, because max dispersion is based on range in the first place. So if you increase range, you also increase max dispersion.

But recently someone posted, that apparently vertical (was it vertical?) dispersion supposedly doesnt increase if you increase the range, which means, you would get more accurate at all ranges if you use range mod and spotter plane.

In practice does the increase feel more like 3%, 5%, 10%, 16%?

[SHAD]
Players
3,534 posts
14,494 battles

It should feel like a 6% improvement in dispersion as it only effects vertical dispersion.

For comparison, Dead eye should feel like a 19% improvement and the normal 7% module for slot 3 should feel like 13-14% as they both effect vertical and horizontal dispersion.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,091 posts
9,541 battles

According to Fitting Tool.

Vertical and Horizonatal Dispersion are Increased when the Range is Increased using Range Mod.

And Fitting Tool is usually fairly Reliable.

So for now I would consider that Idea Rumor and stay with the Assumption that Range Mods do not Improve Accuracy.

Players
3,061 posts
22,531 battles
Vor 41 Minuten, Sunleader sagte:

According to Fitting Tool.

Vertical and Horizonatal Dispersion are Increased when the Range is Increased using Range Mod.

Yeah, at the new max range.

If you had read the actual thread, you might have understood that the dispersion gain happens at the former max range, as well as all ranges below that.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,091 posts
9,541 battles
2 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Yeah, at the new max range.

If you had read the actual thread, you might have understood that the dispersion gain happens at the former max range, as well as all ranges below that.

I See.

But that might be Hard to Confirm or Debunk then.

Because it would Require us knowing the Exact Values and Formulas behind it.

If you use the Range Mod on GK its Range Increased from 20.61km to 23.91km

Horizontal goes from 267m to 300m

Vertical goes from 160m to 180m

Now the Range Increases by 16%  (16.1 which is likely due to Rounding Errors)

The Horizontal AND Vertical Dispersion Increase by 12.5% each.

Now. I cannot Confirm this of course. As I have no way to Accurately tell Vertical Dispersion at 20.61km after Installing the Upgrade.

However. Horizontal Dispersion for German BBs. Is Range x10+60

This comes out to 267 and 300m Respectively for the Horizontal Dispersion when Calculated for both Ranges.

And that Formula Counts regardless of Range. Therefore the Dispersion even with Range Module Remains 267 at the Former Max Range.

We can Confirm this because we do know the Formula from the World of Warships Wiki which Lists it.

We do not know the Formula for Vertical Dispersion.

Now.

With Range Mod. We have 7.5m per 1000m Range.

Without Range Mod. We have 7.76m per 1000m Range.

This would Indeed Suggest that the Accuracy with Range Mod is Better.

However. Given that the Formula for Horizontal Dispersion Includes that Flat out 60m Addition.

It would be Logical to Assume the same for the Vertical Dispersion.

If you Run these Calculations Down. You would come out at Range x5.8+40

With that you would then Come Out to 160m without and 180m with the Range Mod.

Its Impossible to Say if this Value is Exact tough. As the Horizontal Formula already Relies on Rounded Numbers. Meaning that just like the Horizontal Numbers. The Vertical Numbers are off by 0.x

Still. It would be the most Logical Assumption I would have right now.

As Such. I would Summarize.

The Person which got the Idea that Vertical Dispersion is Improved by the Range Upgrade.

Likely Simply Checked for the Linear Increase.

So he basicly Divided the 180m Dispersion with the 23.91km Range. And then the 160m by the 20.61km Range.

If you use the 7.5m Dispersion per 1000m Range Value. You get from the Division with Range Mod. You would get to only 154m Dispersion on 20.61km Range instead of 160m

Thus he Assumed that this would Improve the Dispersion.

However. I would assume that its actually the same as with the Horizontal Dispersion. Meaning that there is a Flat Addition to the Dispersion at any Range.

Meaning that even tough I really didnt read the other Topic.

I would Stay with my Assumption that this is a Rumor and that the Vertical Dispersion is NOT Improved by Range Mods.

Sign in to follow this