Sign in to follow this  
Ashardalon_Dragnipur

this is not how you advertise without making people hate you

7 comments in this topic

Players
919 posts
6,026 battles

they have been plugging that cam girl site for years with baits and trinkets.

this is no different.

probably throwing a bone to steam on account of their epic store fishing project.

[SINT]
Players
1,068 posts
22,812 battles

Comes with the benefits of Steam. My friend has steam and received Dreadnought, Albany and Diana with duplicates to give away to fellow steam wow players...

But atleast this is a T6...

[WTFNO]
Players
22 posts
8,909 battles

It's going to take a lot more effort (not bribes) from WG to tempt me to reinstall the game.

Why on earth would I want to reinstall the game to get 7 days of premium and a 7 day rental of a boat - so that I can play boring matches with the new meta. I'm looking for a fun game to play, and this has stopped being a fun game. It's not the player base, it's the approach that WG have taken toward the development of the game:

More $$$ DLC.

More tweaks designed primarily to extract pay to win money and less actual game development.

I don't want more premium boats, I want the available hardware in the game to remain static and complete. I want modifiers in the game to remain static and be better thought out (which really shouldn't be hard for a game development company after after 5 years of development time to think about it..)

I want more interesting play modes available all the time to use what already exists in the game, such as:

3v3v3 PVE/PVP (aka filth collection)

3v3 base cap

3v3v3 last man standing team deathmatch with collectable modifiers for health regen etc.

I want better detection of bot players (you know, the guys with 20+k battles and a PR less than 200).

I want better match making with matches with balanced PR - which comes from having a bigger player base - which comes from having a better game designed to keep people having fun in the long term.

I want T10 matches to be filled with players that have served their time and learned to play - rather than bought a T10 ship and have no clue what to do with it.

Really I want a better game - which is why I uninstalled WoWS not long after the captain skills rework, when it became apparent that the developers have no clue about game development. Maybe WG should have a read of some books on game theory, so thay can learn about creating a balanced environment for players to inhabit..

• Cool 2

[PONY]
Beta Tester
6,680 posts
11,181 battles
14 hours ago, E_wan_o said:

...I want the available hardware in the game to remain static and complete. I want modifiers in the game to remain static...

Perhaps you should not play online games. An online game that remains static is dead.

• Bad 2

[WTFNO]
Players
22 posts
8,909 battles
On 3/1/2021 at 7:22 AM, Igarigen said:

Perhaps you should not play online games. An online game that remains static is dead.

Sure - because an *online* game is so different to any other kind of game.

What about the plethora of board games that get well thought out, tested and then are released with a static ruleset to play within? Tell me - when was the last change to the ruleset of chess?

Doesn't chess have multiple online versions that have a way larger and more long term player base than something like WoWS?

But yeah, you're probably right - the current state of WoWS is probably absolutely fine - as it has been in every cludged version along the way.

I guess that it's my predelection for games with a static meta and ruleset that's the problem - I mean who want's to actually make a choice about investing in something over a number of years and then have it stay the same! Who would want to invest time, money and energy into a game that is designed and playtested well enough to achieve a balanced meta and mechanic that doesn't need to be altered to allow:

new inovations in battle format.

new content to arrive without requiring all existing content to be constantly reworked for balance.

new players to arrive and still be able to catch up with some time investment (in terms of equipment) to older generations of the playerbase within the game - but still have the major difference to be the skill level of the player.

new in game hardware arrive - but still be completely consistent with the game mechanics

I think you've convinced me and I'm going to apply it to the rest of my lifestyle choices.

When I'm next picking a vehicle for instance I'm going to actively look for a manufacturer that performs huge updates to the vehicle after purchase - so if I buy a sports car, they give me some warning and then arrive in the night and convert it to a pickup! Or maybe they sneak in one night and perform an engine firmware update that changes the fuel economy and power output  - cause you know, nobody wants to make a preduction about thier vehicle when buying it. Who cares if suddenly it costs twice as much to run as it did a month ago - it keeps the sense of adventure *alive*.

I think as well that I'll try to find a garment manufacturer that can sell me a pair of trousers, and then in a few weeks they come out and cut them up and turn them into a different garment. That way I'll never be bored of my wardrobe - even though it might consist entirely of hats. Who wants to invest in a wardrobe of clothes that remain the same? I mean doesn't everyone like the thrill of opening the door and finding a surprise of just hats to wear to that important business meeting?

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this