Sign in to follow this  
TheWarJaC

PT 0.10.2 - Visual and Other Enhancements

6 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles

Visual and Other Enhancements

Update 0.10.2 ushers in a large-scale makeover of the in-game visual effects. All effects in the game—from shell tracers and fires on board ships, to gunfire, water splashes, and AA fire explosions—have been enhanced and reworked to accommodate the new lighting system. New visual effects have been added for ricochets; fires on ships with the Fire Prevention Expert skill active; citadel hits; incapacitated weapons; and active operation effects for the Damage Control Party, Repair Party, Main Battery Reload Booster, Defensive AA Fire, and Hydroacoustic Search consumables. These changes, depending on individual computer configurations and game settings, will not affect performance, but at peak loads will improve it significantly.

9195b086-72bf-11eb-a12a-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

The aiming sights of aircraft carrier squadrons will now display a land-hit indicator similar to that displayed for the main battery guns of ships.

92f96d3c-72bf-11eb-bcc7-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

[EUTF]
Players
293 posts
7,080 battles

Graphics improvement looked really nice with no slow down even on my ancient PC and we all praise the visual/art department for their awesome work and i hope we dont get some unexpected slow downs on the Live server.

• Cool 1

Players
37 posts
7,260 battles

The graphics are an incredible improvement, especially considering it seems to have helped performance. I think it'd be nicer to see more visual dmg on ships from shells but thats a minor thing on the scale of this graphics overhaul! Kudos

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles
On 3/11/2021 at 12:15 AM, cousincoffee said:

The graphics are an incredible improvement, especially considering it seems to have helped performance. I think it'd be nicer to see more visual dmg on ships from shells but thats a minor thing on the scale of this graphics overhaul! Kudos

Hi Cousincoffee, 

Yes. In my opinion, the graphics upgrade is excellent. According to the specs of your Pc and your settings, it should also improve the overall performance of the game, as you mentioned. 

Do you have any other suggestions regarding any technical improvements we could implement? 😊

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,404 posts
10,077 battles

Looking forward to this actually.

Graphics Improvements are always Nice.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles
On 3/15/2021 at 3:40 PM, Sunleader said:

Looking forward to this actually.

Graphics Improvements are always Nice.

I agree, any graphical/visual improvement gets me quite excited as well. (This is the price you pay for being a stereotypical Italian/decent illustrator 😀.) 

Sign in to follow this