You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaravellaCaravan

Should i start playing in Randoms?

52 comments in this topic

Players
171 posts
5,329 battles

Hi, i've started playing World Of Warships since October 2020. I've been only playing Co-op and OPs. I have 3 accounts. In this account i have 765 battles and 2nd account i have 629 (Curesto) battles and 3nd account (Curepto) i have 381 games. In total i've played 1775 games judging by stats on WG website.

The reason i haven't been played in Randoms game mod is: I have a some sort of fear fighting againts the real players and i hate toxic community. I don't know this game's community that much. There's a helpful and kind members that helped me to learn game on the beginning. I've learned overmatch mechanics, angling.

I've only played ONE random battle on my 2nd account's Warspite which is ended up win and 20K damage with 1 kill. This was months ago.

Also, is there's a Dead Eye meta on Randoms? People said battleships only stay spawn point and destroy cruisers, destroyers without moving. 

Is that okay starting Randoms at Tier 6?

Thanks.

I'm thinking about the enter the Randoms with my Perth that found on my 3nd account.

WorldOfWarships64_2021_02_21_23_40_33_034.thumb.png.1cceae931a762d47189e3c6427e35320.png

• Cool 3

[TAKEN]
Players
37,165 posts
18,452 battles
  • deactivate chat in the preferences when you are afraid of the community
  • play some (10-30) battles at Tier II to IV to get a feel for the dynamic in random
  • then play Tier V
  • when you feel ok there, you can play your premiums on Tier VI and should stay there for a while

Your biggest challenge is to unlearn the bad habits you learned in CoOp. Real player are usally not that predictable and suicidal and therefore harder to sink.

• Cool 16

[CELTA]
Players
754 posts
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • play some (10-30) battles at Tier II to IV to get a feel for the dynamic in random
  • then play Tier V
  • when you feel ok there, you can play your premiums on Tier VI and should stay there for a while

Your biggest challenge is to unlearn the bad habits you learned in CoOp. Real player are usally not that predictable and suicidal and therefore harder to sink.

Thats weird... I´m fully agree with pete 

I think that youre ready to try randoms at low tiers (II-III-IV). Maybe its too soon to V and VI

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
171 posts
5,329 battles
45 dakika önce, ColonelPete dedi:
  • then play Tier V

Thanks. I have some questions:

1)Are rewards better than PvE?

2)If i lose a match, are rewards are bad?

• Cool 2

[TAKEN]
Players
37,165 posts
18,452 battles
22 minutes ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

1. Much better
  2. Still better than CoOp, unless you fail completly and get sunk early, then they might be slightly worse
  • Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,690 posts
10,677 battles
25 minutes ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

1. yes

2. Depends how good you are. Should not be worse than coop.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
1,592 posts
18,060 battles
1 hour ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

Hi, i've started playing World Of Warships since October 2020. I've been only playing Co-op and OPs. I have 3 accounts. In this account i have 765 battles and 2nd account i have 629 (Curesto) battles and 3nd account (Curepto) i have 381 games. In total i've played 1775 games judging by stats on WG website.

The reason i haven't been played in Randoms game mod is: I have a some sort of fear fighting againts the real players and i hate toxic community. I don't know this game's community that much. There's a helpful and kind members that helped me to learn game on the beginning. I've learned overmatch mechanics, angling.

I've only played ONE random battle on my 2nd account's Warspite which is ended up win and 20K damage with 1 kill. This was months ago.

Also, is there's a Dead Eye meta on Randoms? People said battleships only stay spawn point and destroy cruisers, destroyers without moving. 

Thanks.

I'm thinking about the enter the Randoms with my Perth that found on my 3nd account.

WorldOfWarships64_2021_02_21_23_40_33_034.thumb.png.1cceae931a762d47189e3c6427e35320.png

Co op is a good means to learn some basics, which can help in random, however as a whole co op does not prepare you for what a random or even a rank battle is. In a co op the enemy is very predictable and there are some pretty aggressive tactics to maximize your xp gain that if tried in random will result in you dying in the first few minutes. You will get killed a lot. You will make mistakes. It is important you take the time to understand why what you did was a mistake. I would suggest spending some time on youtube looking up vids from Flambass, Flamu, Ichase, and some others to get an idea of positioning and str/weaknesses of classes.

Below are my thoughts based on classes of game play mechanics you should learn quickly.

DD's

1. You have two primary jobs above anything else you may think. Spotting and capping. It is important to know that rushing into a cap and popping smoke is not only a bad move as it tells the enemy where to flood with torps, but also blinds your team and make any support impossible.
  2. While a bb is a simpler target to engage make sure you have last seen checked on mini map settings and keep and eye out for where enemy dds were. If your team can kill off all the enemy dds before they lose all theirs they gain a pretty big advantage. This however requires spotting of dd's. Currently only two classes can pull this off. CV's and DD's.
  3. Take some time to look up the basic stats of other dds to learn how what they can do and learn spotting ranges, this becomes really important in higher tiers.

Cruisers

1. Cruisers are a support vessel and a jack of all trades. 
  2. Never be the first on to fire when the enemy is spotted. This tends to get you instantly focused(let bbs do it they have armor)
  3. HE is your friend.
  4. AP is good too but only on broadside targets
  5. When you fire your guns for the next 20 seconds you are exposed. If you fire your guns again  during that exposed time it will reset to 20 seconds. Learning to manage this can make your life a million times easier and frustrate the hell out of a bb.
  6. Fighting retreat aka kiting is a good thing to do.
  7. If you have multiple targets to shoot your priority is always DD, CA then BB
  8. If you must shoot while in a turn, make sure that shot comes while you are past the apex of the turn and moving away.
  9. Play conservatively in the begining, being able to last to the late game when the ship counts are lower will giving you more freedom to push your DPM against the enemy to a greater effect.

BB

1. Deadeye is a thing, but Before t7 not really much of a threat.
  2. Just because you have back turrets does not mean you should use them
  3. Showing broadside is a sin so always be mindful of your position relative to the enemy.
  4. It is ok to use HE shells against BOW on BBS.
  5. Overmatch is a thing so always use AP against cruisers.
  6. Yolo= dead bb.
  • Cool 3

Players
2,233 posts
15,920 battles
1 ora fa, CaravellaCaravan ha scritto:

Thanks.

be careful of cvs, if they want you dead they will have you sunk sadly

and i pretty much agree with what everyone said to help you /tips\ in this thread, good luck :D

Players
192 posts
12,905 battles
2 ore fa, CaravellaCaravan ha scritto:

Thanks.

Although it may be hateful and quite unpleasant if you don't like the style of play (if you haven't already done so) to start in addition to the surface ships also some lines of CV, because the CV bots you met in coop are almost non-existent, while real players (if competent) know how to make the most of the various potentialities that each CV of the various nationalities has to offer. In this way you would become aware of the various dangers and learn how to mitigate the damage caused by them. I do not think I have given bad advice, also because if by chance you like them you can always get to at least t6 and use the various CVs that you have unlocked in the operations since in that area they play a role that is most often essential, in addition they are very profitable if done well. If you want more advice on this, ask.

Players
3,788 posts
24,276 battles

Playing in randoms is certainly more rewarding in terms of XP and credits so it can be appealing, and no harm in trying it to see how you feel. 

First off I would suggest don’t feel pressured to race up the tech tree trying to always get into higher tier ships. Drop back down to tier 3 or 4, play randoms there for a bit get a feel for how people behave, it’s quite different to bots and best to familiarise yourself to the different environment. 

Overall I wouldn’t be too worried about how people might behave in chat, sadly there are always people who will be rude online but usually in lower tier matches it’s thankfully rare. 

I would also say there is quite a difference in how people behave in high tier vs lower tier games, so passive play is usually more evident in high tier matches. Another good reason to take your time in low to mid tier matches so you can develop the skills that will serve you well in higher tiers.

If after a few matches your struggling or have any questions come back to the forum and ask for advice, as long as you maintain an open mind to constructive criticism/ feedback usually the forum is a pretty helpful place. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
809 posts

You have a LOT of matches, considering you’ve played 4-5 months only.

Dive into it and see how you like it. Just keep in mind that running right into the fray, like in coop, doesn’t work..... it’ll get you killed and you’ll be bottom of the scoreboard.

You could try and rack up damage as the first thing when learning to play, once you dish out more damage in matches than you take, you can start doing other stuff at the same time. In the end you’d like high damage games with whatever it takes to work objectives anyway.

[NECRO]
Players
5,497 posts

I think I saw some mission to get 1500 BXP for 2 crappy containers in ranked. As it does not say "in ONE game", I feel tempted to yolo a couple of ranked games with some random ships with reset commanders (and WG telling me before every game that they are reset). Sounds like fun.

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,071 posts
12,307 battles
9 hours ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

Thanks.

Not sure why you got a Fear there. As the worst that can happen is that you Lose and if its Annoying you. You can just go straight back to Coop.

No Reason to do something you dont like.

So just Play a few Rounds. See if you like it. And if not. Just go back to where you had Fun.

For Community. Thats not a Problem. Just Disable Chat in your Settings.

Then there wont be any Community to be Bothered by.

Players
2,501 posts
17,258 battles
7 hours ago, The_Chiv said:

Co op is a good means to learn some basics, which can help in random, however as a whole co op does not prepare you for what a random or even a rank battle is. In a co op the enemy is very predictable and there are some pretty aggressive tactics to maximize your xp gain that if tried in random will result in you dying in the first few minutes. You will get killed a lot. You will make mistakes. It is important you take the time to understand why what you did was a mistake. I would suggest spending some time on youtube looking up vids from Flambass, Flamu, Ichase, and some others to get an idea of positioning and str/weaknesses of classes.

Below are my thoughts based on classes of game play mechanics you should learn quickly.

DD's

1. You have two primary jobs above anything else you may think. Spotting and capping. It is important to know that rushing into a cap and popping smoke is not only a bad move as it tells the enemy where to flood with torps, but also blinds your team and make any support impossible.
  2. While a bb is a simpler target to engage make sure you have last seen checked on mini map settings and keep and eye out for where enemy dds were. If your team can kill off all the enemy dds before they lose all theirs they gain a pretty big advantage. This however requires spotting of dd's. Currently only two classes can pull this off. CV's and DD's.
  3. Take some time to look up the basic stats of other dds to learn how what they can do and learn spotting ranges, this becomes really important in higher tiers.

Cruisers

1. Cruisers are a support vessel and a jack of all trades. 
  2. Never be the first on to fire when the enemy is spotted. This tends to get you instantly focused(let bbs do it they have armor)
  3. HE is your friend.
  4. AP is good too but only on broadside targets
  5. When you fire your guns for the next 20 seconds you are exposed. If you fire your guns again  during that exposed time it will reset to 20 seconds. Learning to manage this can make your life a million times easier and frustrate the hell out of a bb.
  6. Fighting retreat aka kiting is a good thing to do.
  7. If you have multiple targets to shoot your priority is always DD, CA then BB
  8. If you must shoot while in a turn, make sure that shot comes while you are past the apex of the turn and moving away.
  9. Play conservatively in the begining, being able to last to the late game when the ship counts are lower will giving you more freedom to push your DPM against the enemy to a greater effect.

BB

1. Deadeye is a thing, but Before t7 not really much of a threat.
  2. Just because you have back turrets does not mean you should use them
  3. Showing broadside is a sin so always be mindful of your position relative to the enemy.
  4. It is ok to use HE shells against BOW on BBS.
  5. Overmatch is a thing so always use AP against cruisers.
  6. Yolo= dead bb.

Good advice.

Your cruiser 2 is too categorical though. Exceptions to this rule are in situations where you support your DD. So you should fire immediately when an enemy DD is spotted not too far from you or when an enemy cruiser is firing on your DD.

And to OP: I would start focusing on 1 account to accumulate your assets in 1 place.

Beta Tester
2,896 posts
22,133 battles
Vor 32 Minuten, MementoMori_6030 sagte:

I think I saw some mission to get 1500 BXP for 2 crappy containers in ranked. As it does not say "in ONE game", I feel tempted to yolo a couple of ranked games with some random ships with reset commanders (and WG telling me before every game that they are reset). Sounds like fun.

Or you just play normally for a couple of battles instead of taking the douche-bag approach.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
1,592 posts
18,060 battles
32 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Good advice.

Your cruiser 2 is too categorical though. Exceptions to this rule are in situations where you support your DD. So you should fire immediately when an enemy DD is spotted not too far from you or when an enemy cruiser is firing on your DD.

And to OP: I would start focusing on 1 account to accumulate your assets in 1 place.

Yeah no. Sorry but dds do not have a citadel and are not effected by overmatching. Cruisers are. So really it is a judgment call. If I see the enemy has just lit up on other targets then yeah Im going to shoot at the dd, till I see the number on priority target get to 2 or more then im not shooting any more and Im going dark to get back into concealment. The longer a cruiser can stay in the game the greater the impact they can have as less ships means less counterfire that can dev strike them. Counter fire on cruisers however is a no brainer, but again being mindful of the enemy is key. Just going guns blazing and tunnel visioning is how most cruisers end up dead.

[POP]
Players
776 posts
15,582 battles
10 hours ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

You start playing randoms to improve your game play. Just remember that everyone is bad at the start. The game meta is so much more different in randoms than in the coops that it will feel like a different game. Don't fear to make mistakes - only fear that you don't learn from them. Good luck!

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,587 posts
16,716 battles

Just curious... 

Why 3 accounts? premium ships on different accounts? 

[NECRO]
Players
5,497 posts
Vor 51 Minuten, Johnny_Moneto sagte:

Or you just play normally for a couple of battles instead of taking the douche-bag approach.

If WG would want people to play well, they would set different requirements to get those containers. Like "in ONE game". They don't, so it's free for all.

• Cool 1

Players
2,501 posts
17,258 battles
31 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

Yeah no. Sorry but dds do not have a citadel and are not effected by overmatching. Cruisers are. So really it is a judgment call. If I see the enemy has just lit up on other targets then yeah Im going to shoot at the dd, till I see the number on priority target get to 2 or more then im not shooting any more and Im going dark to get back into concealment. The longer a cruiser can stay in the game the greater the impact they can have as less ships means less counterfire that can dev strike them. Counter fire on cruisers however is a no brainer, but again being mindful of the enemy is key. Just going guns blazing and tunnel visioning is how most cruisers end up dead.

Sure, agreed. You have to be conscious of the situation as always. But I did not want to encourage OP to not support his DDs.

[IDDQD]
Players
816 posts
17,281 battles

try few T4 games to see the differences between Coop and Random, especially that CVs can actually hurt you and DDs wont just yolo al the time. Don't izolate yourself neither by overextending or also by sitting too behind. T5 is nearly the same, except you may go against T7 and thats where the crap starts to look bad. BBs are best class for learning.

i also dont recommend turning off the chat, if you see someone toxic, just block him. Chat is important

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
2,104 posts
16,928 battles
53 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Just curious... 

Why 3 accounts? premium ships on different accounts? 

in one other game i had over 10 accounts and sometimes i played all off them at same time, monitor was full off mini window games, that way was able see every my account.

at there this way i was todo different things, like teleport different servers with main account, activate coop matches without wait others for hours

wow's not need really multi accounts unless if you really bored, because in wows they almost covers everything, you can reset ship lines, you can play battle with bots  if there not enoh players at that tier

[BOATY]
Players
1,592 posts
18,060 battles
1 hour ago, Camperdown said:

Sure, agreed. You have to be conscious of the situation as always. But I did not want to encourage OP to not support his DDs.

Fair enough, though to be honest the average player tends to not think about target priority, class roles, and or supporting their team. And when it comes to dds this lack of understanding and or effort tends to have a greater negative impact then a bad cruiser or bad BB. Sadly though its not really their fault as WG does not incentivize team play all that well short of capping.

• Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,622 posts
17,928 battles

Stop thinking so hard, just jump in and have a go for a few days.

If you like it - great. If you don't - stop. 

• Cool 1